UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering what was behind CCox's comment re reluctance to ever "push" Josh and how JP doesn't respond well to this...

What do we know re an arrest that was made at one point... was there an incident??

:parrot:

What happens when you push Josh, did his neighbor push him a little to far and that was why he had to call the police on Josh?

(bbm) I was under this impression too, I find it interesting he attended that day. That, coupled with attention he lavished on Susan in front of Jovanna :confused:

Afaik I didn't think JP had days confused on Sunday or that this was the reason he missed church that am... it was the following day Monday when he missed work that Josh claimed he thought was Sunday...

Either way it's ridiculous! I have to call a spade a spade. Work with me, so Josh thinks that Susan, the boys and most of the congregation missed work Friday to have a potluck breakfast? Breakfast. Uh huh.

Do we know where the "incident" involving JP took place? I can't recall where I saw this reported, guess I'll check TimP's interviews?

Did Tim and Josh kiss and make up or did Susan just remain friends with them and Josh did not? That can cause real strife.

Either way it's ridiculous! I have to call a spade a spade. Work with me, so Josh thinks that Susan, the boys and most of the congregation missed work Friday to have a potluck breakfast? Breakfast. Uh huh.

Lol the whole thing is ludicrous and a charade... was just clarifying what Joshy's alibi was.

Of course if he'd really believed Monday was Sunday, the boys would've needed to be home to get ready for church...... for the second day in a row....
:crazy:

I'm still wondering what was behind CCox's comment re reluctance to ever "push" Josh and how JP doesn't respond well to this...

What do we know re an arrest that was made at one point... wonder what sort of an incident this was??

He probably didn't want to be pushed into keeping a steady job. Maybe he's one of those guys that doesn't like to be told anything. I can imagine he got a lot of heat for not providing for the family like everyone thought he should. Didn't Susan have to go back to work after being a stay at home mom to support them? The word motivation comes to mind.

All I remember is Tim had to call the cops on Josh.

Would give anything to know what that was about... and you're right when Tim counseled Susan she should get out, that certainly could be a source of real tension in their marriage. Particularly since this was coming from an LDS member and even tho Susan decided against that counsel initially, she very likely acted upon it that day.

He probably didn't want to be pushed into keeping a steady job. Maybe he's one of those guys that doesn't like to be told anything. I can imagine he got a lot of heat for not providing for the family like everyone thought he should. Didn't Susan have to go back to work after being a stay at home mom to support them? The word motivation comes to mind.

(bbm) The word "slacker" comes to mind... alot of words actually...

Complicating the search for Susan Powell, McLachlan said police don't have a description of the clothing she was wearing when Josh Powell last saw her about 12:30 a.m. Monday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...n_husband_josh_powell_misp.html#ixzz0ckxRvXHi

(Didn't he say that she went to bed at 12:30am and he left with the boys at 12:37am? Was she wearing pj's or street clothes? He doesn't even know what her pj's look like? Or what she wore around the house after church? He makes me SO mad! Susan never stood a chance and she deserved better. A heck of a lot better.

Peterson is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and attends the same ward as the Powells. He and Susan Powell became close late this summer, when she asked him questions about marriage counseling, which Peterson and his wife previously had gone through.

On the day of the Powells' first meeting with the LDS Family Service counselor, she told Peterson about Joshua Powell's controlling behavior, and how he had become more possessive and obsessive since moving to Utah five years ago. She told Peterson she wanted her husband to become active in the LDS Church again and get his temple recommend by their anniversary in 2010, or she was seriously considering divorcing him.

"She went to the marriage counselor hoping it would save their marriage," Peterson said.

But Joshua's behavior showed a lack of caring for Susan's well-being, Peterson said...

Joshua Powell also became increasingly erratic.

Powell once yelled at the Petersons for taking off their shoes and socks in his home, saying he'd have to spend all night cleaning the floors from the germs on their bare feet.

Susan Powell talked with Peterson about her first four marriage counseling sessions, but stopped after Peterson counseled her to leave her husband, whom he didn't see making any effort to improve their relationship.

"I told her she was a beautiful, talented woman who could be so much happier in a different situation," Peterson said. "I told her her husband was an energy suck and no one could stand to be around him."

Peterson said Susan Powell wanted to be more social and have friends over more often, but fellow ward members "couldn't stand" Joshua and would avoid him.

Even though Peterson and Susan Powell stopped talking about the Powell marriage, they stayed in touch. She sent him an e-mail thanking him for a backyard play set for her two boys, saying it would be great to have next summer to entertain the boys while she did yard work.

"This was not a woman who wanted to leave," Peterson said.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14058397

Complicating the search for Susan Powell, McLachlan said police don't have a description of the clothing she was wearing when Josh Powell last saw her about 12:30 a.m. Monday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...n_husband_josh_powell_misp.html#ixzz0ckxRvXHi

(Didn't he say that she went to bed at 12:30am and he left with the boys at 12:37am? Was she wearing pj's or street clothes? He doesn't even know what her pj's look like? Or what she wore around the house after church? He makes me SO mad! Susan never stood a chance and she deserved better. A heck of a lot better.

How in the heck did you Highlight that on the article?

"He was wanting details about the vigil in Washington — when and where it was," said Hellewell, 32, who was a home teacher with Josh Powell before Powell stopped attending church two years ago. A vigil for Susan Powell was held at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Ridgecrest chapel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Puyallup, Wash., while another vigil was held at 8:30 p.m. at an LDS Church attended by about 30 of the Powells' friends and ward members in West Valley City.

OT but this one is not looking good.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94065"]FL-Markisha Jackson, 9 yr old, missing 1-15-10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

"He was wanting details about the vigil in Washington — when and where it was," said Hellewell, 32, who was a home teacher with Josh Powell before Powell stopped attending church two years ago. A vigil for Susan Powell was held at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Ridgecrest chapel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Puyallup, Wash., while another vigil was held at 8:30 p.m. at an LDS Church attended by about 30 of the Powells' friends and ward members in West Valley City.

I don't get it. If Josh stopped attending church for that long of a period, why the rally of the members to help him move?

I apologize if I'm saying something that has been brought up already.

I don't get it. If Josh stopped attending church for that long of a period, why the rally of the members to help him move?

I apologize if I'm saying something that has been brought up already.

We are trying to figure that out. I think he knows how to play the victim and has that sniveling down to an art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow