CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search of the area for sex offenders and there are a few in the crimes against children category in that area. One resides very close to where she disappeared (although I think it is a gentleman actually at the retirement community?).

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0
Type in California and 92128 as the zipcode.

The one that appears to be closest, for locals, the address is actually in the gated neighborhood at the top of Battle Mountain (so a bit further than the nursing home, on the other side of the freeway)

There is one in Westwood, as well. The others are further away (down Pomerado near the Bernardo Winery), down off of RB, into Poway or the far side of 4S, etc.

On another note, it's absolutely pouring at the mometn.

The one that appears to be closest, for locals, the address is actually in the gated neighborhood at the top of Battle Mountain (so a bit further than the nursing home, on the other side of the freeway)

There is one in Westwood, as well. The others are further away (down Pomerado near the Bernardo Winery), down off of RB, into Poway or the far side of 4S, etc.

On another note, it's absolutely pouring at the mometn.

I didn't even click on the address, just assumed because of the location that it was at Casas. I honestly believe it is the offenders we don't know about that are the bigger worry. I would be shocked if a registered sex offender who is known to be living and working in the area had anything to do with this.

It's scary when they were on it this quickly and we have no answers. Her poor, poor mother.

I agree. That's why I think it's increasingly looking like an abduction.

As I wrote a few hours ago, I'm definitely afraid now that we're over 40 hours into round the clock searching and there is still no sign of her, that it's not a good sign.

While there are a lot of trails and areas to search, if she had truly fallen and gotten injured and was just somewhere in the brush waiting to be found, that between people on horse, bike, foot, atv, boat, or helicopter, that something would have led them to at least signs she had been there.

Most of the more heavily used trails are not all that obscured, it's just if you go off into the brush and chaparral it'd be harder to see someone or something. There are a few areas of bigger trees, but even the narrowest trails look more like this than totally overgrown. The bigger areas of heavy trees on the south side near the park were largely burned in the wildfires, so it's more like spotty eucalyptus and other trees, and lots and lots of chaparral-like brush here.

I beleve I read somewhere that they did infra-red searches from the sky for her at this park and surrounding area. Doesnt infra-red show heat sources if someone is alive?

I beleve I read somewhere that they did infra-red searches from the sky for her at this park and surrounding area. Doesnt infra-red show heat sources if someone is alive?

Yes, so that's part of why saying if she were simply injured and somewhere seems unlikely.

They were doing infrared searches within hours of her going missing Thursday and have continued since then.

That obviously doesn't rule out if she had been killed or somehow died on the trails. But again, it's being so heavily combed, that seems to be increasingly unlikely as well.

More and more what we're hearing in the community is they're fearing she was abducted because of the utter lack of anything leading to her in the searching.

Here is a picture of a deer a mountain lion has killed and buried:

JanFeb09_MountainLionKill2.jpg

KFMB (8) news at 5:

Chelsea's story was bumped from the top spot by the earthquake and local tsunami alert that was just canceled.

They're showing great pictures of all the searchers out in vests combing all over the trails and brush and some wading through water.

There were extensive searches on the bottom of Lake Hodges. They are out combing in line form.

Both of her parents spoke to rescuers thanking them for helping and pleaing for more help.

The Sheriff said that there are more extensive searches than he has EVER seen before.

They've talked to anyone with possible leads, others who were running in the park, etc. The Sheriff is begging for tips from anyone who may have seen something that has not yet been identified.

Search teams will continue overnight, and public searches will begin again at 9 am.

KFMB (8) news at 5:

Chelsea's story was bumped from the top spot by the earthquake and local tsunami alert that was just canceled.

They're showing great pictures of all the searchers out in vests combing all over the trails and brush and some wading through water.

There were extensive searches on the bottom of Lake Hodges. They are out combing in line form.

Both of her parents spoke to rescuers thanking them for helping and pleaing for more help.

The Sheriff said that there are more extensive searches than he has EVER seen before.

They've talked to anyone with possible leads, others who were running in the park, etc. The Sheriff is begging for tips from anyone who may have seen something that has not yet been identified.

Search teams will continue overnight, and public searches will begin again at 9 am.

This doesn't sound encouraging to me. It tells me they are finding nothing in terms of clues on the trail or information in speaking with the people who were present at the time that she went missing. :-(

Yes, so that's part of why saying if she were simply injured and somewhere seems unlikely.

They were doing infrared searches within hours of her going missing Thursday and have continued since then.

That obviously doesn't rule out if she had been killed or somehow died on the trails. But again, it's being so heavily combed, that seems to be increasingly unlikely as well.

More and more what we're hearing in the community is they're fearing she was abducted because of the utter lack of anything leading to her in the searching.

Everything right has been done and very quickly. Chelsea has not been found in the area. I understand how hard it is on everybody to start seeing this as an abduction, but it will be necessary to start asking questions in that regard soon.

Here's some of the questions I'm starting to ask:

Is it possible that someone maybe from school knew her schedule enough to have planned to be there that day to abduct her?

Did someone see her leave her car and start off for her run, and abducted her soon after?

Are there places you can park a car away from cameras along the trails?

What about that Dec 2009 abduction attempt that happened in the general vicinity?

Did she have a bf? Any odd stalker types bothering her lately?

Her car keyes haven't been found?

Everything right has been done and very quickly. Chelsea has not been found in the area. I understand how hard it is on everybody to start seeing this as an abduction, but it will be necessary to start asking questions in that regard soon.

Is it possible that someone maybe from school knew her schedule enough to have planned to be there that day to abduct her?

Did someone see her leave her car and start off for her run, and abducted her soon after?

What about that Dec 2009 abduction attempt that happened in the general vicinity?

What Dec 2009 attempted abduction? We had an attempted robbery of a woman jogging on the trail in December, but I wasn't aware of any attempted abduction?

According to TravelingBug who has jogged there frequently, there are places the trails go into the neighborhoods where cars could definitely park and there wouldn't be video cameras. She also brought up some good points about the construction/workers with their trucks who could easily have an excuse or reason to have a large bundle.

I'm curious about the boyfriend/stalker angle myself. She jogged here often, but how often was she alone? They had been warned by the coaches NOT to be out alone but many chose not to heed the warning, as she did.

Supposedly, a security guard at the retirement community across the street saw her park her car and get out to go for her run. No reports of her keys being found. Since they found a shoe and pedometer on the trail, I would think they would have found keys if they were out there. Note that the shoe and pedometer have not been confirmed as hers. With the amount of searchers they have had and the sweeping they have done, they have yet to uncover anything (at least that's what we've been led to believe).

The school schedule varies here, and so unless it was someone who also had students or who had been following her, patterns would be hard to have...but obviously anything's possible.

I'd guess no one can be sure on the second question. Although if a security guard from Casa really saw her, then she had to have been running more along the street (West Bernardo) than not, because if she had headed into the area with the trails behind the park, the guard wouldn't have seen her...unless he was back there for some reason.

The area with cameras is the nursing home area and surrounding a few park buildings, not the bulk of the parking area, and definitely not on the street facing parking area that most people use. So there are many places you can park and not be near cameras...but except for the street facing ones along West Bernardo and trail heads, none of the other areas of trails are really near roads.

The 2009 incident appeared to be motivated on robbery, and from what LEO is saying, while they looked at that, this seems different.

None of the students and others that know her that I've talked to mention her having had any sort of boy in her life. She seems to spend all of her free time doing Peer Counseling (a big thing at PHS), band, symphony, and with friends and people from church. There's been nothing said about any boy being significant to her.

Nothing's been said about her car keys being found.

She jogged here often, but how often was she alone? They had been warned by the coaches NOT to be out alone but many chose not to heed the warning, as she did.

I agree.

Unfortunately, it's not at all uncommon to see high school cross country kids out running alone. Even at practice from PHS when they go for their runs over down on Espola, near Lake Poway, Blue Sky, back in Green Valley, Bridlewood, etc. they don't all stay in a group, and it's been that way for years. Granted other than Lake Poway or Blue Sky those would be heavier traffic areas or well populated neighborhoods, but still...it just seems to be a cross country running thing. And it's been that way at PHS for decades - when I attended there, and when I lived on that side of town. I'm sure since you like Blue Sky you saw some of that, too.

And Westwood neighborhood with all of the hills and trails, and Lake Hodges, Battle Mountain, and San Pasqual Valley are all favorite places for runners and bikers - students and otherwise, and, again, much of the time they are alone. Including students in obviously high school gear (school logos, etc. on shirts or shorts).

I think this is going to wind up being a huge wake up call that our generally safe communities of RB and Poway aren't as safe as most of us feel much of the time. :( Whereas many people wouldn't do the same just miles away in Escondido, they'd not give it much thought going out running alone down here.

What Dec 2009 attempted abduction? We had an attempted robbery of a woman jogging on the trail in December, but I wasn't aware of any attempted abduction?

According to TravelingBug who has jogged there frequently, there are places the trails go into the neighborhoods where cars could definitely park and there wouldn't be video cameras. She also brought up some good points about the construction/workers with their trucks who could easily have an excuse or reason to have a large bundle.

I'm curious about the boyfriend/stalker angle myself. She jogged here often, but how often was she alone? They had been warned by the coaches NOT to be out alone but many chose not to heed the warning, as she did.

Supposedly, a security guard at the retirement community across the street saw her park her car and get out to go for her run. No reports of her keys being found. Since they found a shoe and pedometer on the trail, I would think they would have found keys if they were out there. Note that the shoe and pedometer have not been confirmed as hers. With the amount of searchers they have had and the sweeping they have done, they have yet to uncover anything (at least that's what we've been led to believe).

BBM

LilysMom, my mistake, sorry, I thought the Dec 2009 was an attempted rape not an attempted robbery. :blushing:

Most disturbing is the idea someone could park off camera and transfer a knocked out Chelsea into a car and take off. It could very well be someone who had seen her before. She's so beautiful and she's running alone.

I wonder how she carried the car key when she ran, maybe pinned inside her clothes or in a pocket wristband. I guess it's not that odd if they didn't find the car keyes if they're still on her.

Surprised they haven't confirmed or denied if that was her shoe or pedometer yet.

Praying for her Parents, Family, Friends, and all the Searchers.

Side note, it's POURING again.

KTGV (10) news at 6 pm:

As KFMB said, they're focusing all over the park and lake area. They've got resources from all over the state and they are ramping up efforts.

They started off searching a 2-3 square mile area. What they have NOT found (signs of her) have caused them to focus more and more on the lake and streams that feed it.

According to the Sheriff, they have ruled out everything other than the lake if she is still in the area.

Any suspicious people seen other times in the park are being tracked down and looked into.

They have worked and not let the rain hamper things.

They (the Sheriff Bill Gore's office) will not comment on the possibility she was abducted or if any items belonging to her were found. They are still trying to be optimistic she will be found.

If the FBI is already involved in this I would imagine that they have already pulled the webcam tapes from the intersections nearby to this area to verify Chelsea drove herself to the park. I would also think that the FBI would not allow the locals to use all the resources they are using at the park unless there is good reason to think she arrived at the park. I would also venture to say that if they have not commented on the shoe or pedometer with anything concrete it may be that if this is an abduction they dont want the perpetrator to know what they know in the case. So, in summary it is hard to say what is really going on. But with so many dogs involved in the search and the search area so large I am inclined to think mountain lion. I had read an earlier news link that indicated she was wearing jeans when she went missing but I cant even be sure we are being given accurate information. I dont think the searchers would remain searching unless this is an active search or a search and recovery meaning the believed she met with foul play.

Also, if they are focusing more on the lake and streams it may be that they are looking for mountain lion tracks. But with the rain that may be hard to find but mountain lions do follow streams.

BBM

LilysMom, my mistake, sorry, I thought the Dec 2009 was an attempted rape not an attempted robbery. :blushing:

Most disturbing is the idea someone could park off camera and transfer a knocked out Chelsea into a car and take off. It could very well be someone who had seen her before. She's so beautiful and she's running alone.

I wonder how she carried the car key when she ran, maybe pinned inside her clothes or in a pocket wristband. I guess it's not that odd if they didn't find the car keyes if they're still on her.

Surprised they haven't confirmed or denied if that was her shoe or pedometer yet.

Praying for her Parents, Family, Friends, and all the Searchers.

Please also pray for Chelsea's brother, he's 13 and close to his sister and is just devastated about his sister being missing.

If the FBI is already involved in this I would imagine that they have already pulled the webcam tapes from the intersections nearby to this area to verify Chelsea drove herself to the park. I would also think that the FBI would not allow the locals to use all the resources they are using at the park unless there is good reason to think she arrived at the park. I would also venture to say that if they have not commented on the shoe or pedometer with anything concrete it may be that if this is an abduction they dont want the perpetrator to know what they know in the case. So, in summary it is hard to say what is really going on. But with so many dogs involved in the search and the search area so large I am inclined to think mountain lion. I had read an earlier news link that indicated she was wearing jeans when she went missing but I cant even be sure we are being given accurate information. I dont think the searchers would remain searching unless this is an active search or a search and recovery meaning the believed she met with foul play.

They have repeatedly said that they know she arrived there and changed clothes at the park, leaving her school clothes (and jeans) in the car, and changing into running clothes. I'm quite sure that Indian website you mentioned stating about the jeans was incorrect. They are repeatedly stating she is in running clothes and that her school clothes were located in the car.

They have also said she was seen there by a security guard from the retirement home, so I believe that it's definite that SHE was actually there.

My concern is that the on ramp closest to the park (though NOT one Chelsea would have driven through) from the freeway is really a small exit and only very recently has had a signal put up. It's basically a backway into the neighborhoods, and there is nothing (other than the nursing home or park) that would cause a non-local to exit there, unless they were up to no good. There's absolutely nothing business wise or anything for over a mile up the road in either direction, and people exiting there by accident nearly always are seen turning around because it really doesn't look like the road either directions goes anywhere but other than residential areas. (Just for those who don't know the area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member