CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still check here everyday. I too believe Ms Gleave knew her killer well and the motive was money, resentment and maybe rationalized by a sense of entitlement.

I've been trying to catch up on this case saying up late each night this week - still not through all the threads! I must say I think this is the best thread I have looked at very good sleuthing. Please help me catch up:

On the memorial site all the pictures of Audrey superimposed on billboards etc. what they heck is that? No doubt someone has addressed this here? What Audrey involved in women's right to choose (or right to life) issues?

Thanks so much!

1 Is there a plan of the house? How many rooms in the house could be accessed with the dogs still penned up (assuming that at that moment they are not drugged asleep).

2 Who is the last person to see with their own eyes Audrey alive BEFORE the vet visit and when was it? Also who claims that they actually spoke directly on the phone not on email to Audrey during her last week? Also were they sure it was Audrey (when you have the flu your voice can become unrecognizable.)

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/768426--someone-may-be-preying-on-sex-trade-workers
"Someone may be preying on sex trade workers

Police wonder if there are more victims of ‘bad date'"

"The suspect in Sunday's assault is35 to 40 years old, 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall with a large, muscular build, shaved head and clean-shaven face. He was wearing a white T-shirt with a design or logo on the front.

The car he was driving was a silver, four-door older model with dark tinted windows, clean interior and a child seat in the back".

I've been trying to catch up on this case saying up late each night this week - still not through all the threads! I must say I think this is the best thread I have looked at very good sleuthing. Please help me catch up:

On the memorial site all the pictures of Audrey superimposed on billboards etc. what they heck is that? No doubt someone has addressed this here? What Audrey involved in women's right to choose (or right to life) issues?

Thanks so much!

May I suggest perusing this page in regards to motive, sexual component, female authority and rage, gender issues..
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130816&page=3#post6633075

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/769693--hamilton-woman-stabbed-and-sexually-assaulted
"Hamilton woman stabbed and sexually assaulted
"Hamilton police are seeking information from the public after a woman was attacked from behind and stabbed early Saturday morning while walking westbound on King Street near Paradise Road and Longwood Road.

Police say the woman was alone when a lone man attacked at about 2 a.m. He is in his 20s, white, 6-feet tall, with short dark hair and a tan or sunburn.

After stabbing the victim the man “grabbed her sexually,” the police report says".

(Messing with mailboxes...)

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/a...pleads-guilty-plea-to-fraud-human-trafficking
"Woman pleads guilty plea to fraud, human trafficking

"Anna Maria Lukacs came to this country with her husband and children claiming to be a refugee in need of Canada’s protection. But she will leave a convicted criminal, brought down in the largest human trafficking ring bust in Canadian history.

Lukacs, 37, pleaded guilty Friday to participating in the criminal organization that recruited human trafficking victims from Hungary and also organized an elaborate mailbox cheque theft ring."

Answering my own question you might want to establish that you had been in someone's house if you were worried that your or someone in your family's DNA could be found in their house.

Thanks Dotr for the links re gender/rage issues and it helped with the timeline which I think I now understand. I am less charmed by P.K. I was impressed initially with his apparent candour. The Facebook page for the business, the timing and the comments is odd as some have mentioned.

I'm interested in the financial angle since a professional executor lives in the neighbourhood they have been involved in deaths called suspicious, have been executor an inordinate number of times, they or their friends have "found" their elderly friends dead and lo and behold they are the executor again! Not mentioned here though. In Canada nobody keeps a record of how often a person has been an executor. Very strange that her pets are not mentioned strange that that person would get all of her money and her husband would even if she were to die strange that no reward was offered, alternatively a scholarship, a book prize at Westdale nothing! That does suggest contempt.

But noting the alleged extreme violence which strangely P.K. did not see (how is that possible if Hrab is correct?) it is tough to understand why if money was the motive and they knew Audrey well they would not simply stage a suicide or an accident.

It is hard to imagine that Audrey could know anything of importance from her Chalk River days but who knows?

For what it is worth if anything: checked some Hamilton city directories at the library today and Audrey's father for several years is listed under Doveiko from 1947 - at some point it is changed to Doveika. I can check more closely if anyone thinks it matters it probably does not. Audrey is listed as working for Bell.

I know people change their names and people doing the directories make mistakes. But sometimes people have a reason to make themselves a bit less findable.

Well, here it is August already. I'm posting this in Audrey's thread because I'm still convinced that Sonia's killer is the same person as Audrey's killer.

Sonia is on my mind more than ever now.

:please: LE must solve these crime.

Hope reigns eternal.

To my mind, she knew her victim.
The death scene alone, went according to her perception as to how she would die. And she did!
Only those of whom she confided in would know it!!

Not a passer-by, not a mailbox raider, or destoyer!

She was expecting someone and opened that garage door, which was always locked. Only Audrey had the the ability to open it up on the inside.
If there was a key pad on the outside, and we don't know about that, then someone must have known the code.
That is my opinion.

snipped by me: Chorley's posts have made me go back again! I have re-read-and put together in sequence all of PK's posts.
In his one post he says that he HAD the code for the garage door and AG told him, he was NOT to share it and that he was the ONLY one to know the code. (or so he believed)

not that this really matters much Aug 3 2011 was the first post by PK
Sept 28 2011 being the final post, 16 posts in total. The last post is "un signed" uncharacteristic for PK, almost like he was interrupted and he never posted again.

PK seems to have "known" a more mellow Aud than my acquaintence has described to me. A more mellow Aud than some of her students commented on the Expositor comments section I remember reading.

He certainly seemed to know her very well including how many cigs she smoked/day. I bet my own husband couldn't tell you how many cigs I smoke/day, unless of course Aud shared this info with him. Which wouldn't prob be the truth anyway cuz not many smokers admits how many they smoke/day LOL!

PK speculated he thought Aud was expecting someone that fatefal day.

just some ramblings to keep the thread bumped.

Quoted from LilyMacBloom:

<<< PK speculated he thought Aud was expecting someone that fatefal day.>>>

I wonder what caused PK to speculate that. Did Audrey seem to be 'anxious' as we often are when someone special is stopping by? Or , was Audrey simply 'busy' preparing to meet this person?

And then again.....if PK thought that Audrey would be visiting with someone, why would he choose that day to deliver the cake? :cupcake:

Still, more questions than answers.

08-04-2011 12:46pm
Hello all,
It is true the police have politely asked me not to share some details... Though I will say that one of the things that has drawn me so powerfully to this forum is how accurately you have deduced some details with the limited information that is publicly available!
With respect to whether I have a personal opinion regarding who could have done this horrible thing.... I feel at a complete loss. I find it highly unlikely that DLS is responsible and the police were simply unable to hold him because the direction of the case has shifted so drastically. The detectives are now putting lots of pressure on those of us who knew AG well (and honestly, I've always thought it likely that AG either knew or expected a visit from her attacker).
It's hard to imagine AG having an enemy... Certainly we had none in common. She wasn't the kind of person it was possible to hold a grudge against . That being said... She was the victim of vandalism and she had also had at least one new service-person by her house in the last month of her life.
Thanks again all, and it is so nice to meet all of you,
PK

ratz, I tried to "bold" the area in the above quote but it won't let me

Quoted from LilyMacBloom who quoted from PK:

<<< 08-04-2011 12:46pm
Hello all,
It is true the police have politely asked me not to share some details...>>>

We would have assumed that:

- LE ask that info be held back so only the killer and LE knows about

- and of course LE will be "polite" as they are trying to obtain as much info as possible

Bottom line: I'm baffled as to why PK would post that here.

:moo:

PK swooping in saying what he did and swooping out is of great interest - will refrain from direct speculation on that.

The soup delivery always held great interest for me as well - delivering soup to a sick friend and then not checking up on them afterwards seems odd to me. I would be calling later the same day if I delivered homemade soup by noon, latest the following morning to see if that person was in need of further remedies, like a doctor.

Was there more contact after that?

No offer of a reward for information, no scholarship fund, no mention if some of AG's money went to the people that adopted her pets (even though LV told everyone AG begged her to look after her pets if something happened to her) no lasting memory of Audrey what so ever with her own money. Pitiful among other things, imo.

Going back to the beginning is always helpful when one is stumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member