TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what the sleuthing rule is on Websleuths?

I'll explain. You can do anything you want in your private sleuthing. But don't bring it here. We don't accuse or point the finger at anyone without something printed in mainstream media giving us sourced information.

If a person has not been named a suspect, is not a registered SO, and has not been named a POI you can't bring private information about them to the forum. You can talk about what they say publicly, mainstream media reports, interviews or their actions as reported in MSM but you cannot just sleuth everyone within a hundred mile radius of the crime and bring personal information to the forum. This is ever evolving believe me. In the coming days information will be coming out.... and then, who we are sleuthing evolves into a more open policy. :)

Now once someone is named a POI, or a suspect that rule changes and the doors open wider. As this case progresses and people start speaking out, you can discuss that.

Once again I have to ask you if you see a post that doesn't meet our rules, don't confront the poster, not engage the poster in discussion. Use your alert button and let a moderator handle it.

Now this is different than theorizing in which you state that you feel that the perp could be in certain categories. You don't name them or identify them however of give any personal information about these people if it is theory only.

"Example" I believe it literally could be anyone in the neighborhood. A hunter, a neighbor, a schoolmate........

Wrong......... I think it is the next door neighbor who lives at *** Street because he looks creepy.

GreenGreen, are you a local? Do you know the Bobo family?

If so, please contact Tricia and be verified as a local.....

(Don't know if anyone has already suggested this -- have been trying to catch up!)

GG was verified in the previous thread.

Another thought. If he's planting items (which I don't know that I believe, just due to the risk factor) WHY?
To mess with the searchers? Then we would expect to see them in areas that had already been searched.
To keep them from being found? Obviously not, why plant them all over instead of throwing them in a dumpster or lake?
To taunt the family with the idea that she is still alive? Maybe.
To keep the media attention (and his ego) going? Maybe.

I don't really know, I just think that even in the randomness, if that's what's going on here, it isn't truly random...

I have been wondering that myself and agree with your reasoning. Just thinking logically, I don't quite get the idea behind planting items either.
Regardless of whether the goal is just to do something awful and then discard her, or keep her as some sort of prize, I think the goal is to get away fast and clean, so as not be caught.

By giving up the advantage of having apparently gotten away fairly clean, ad double back to plant false clues, the perp risks being seen by someone and completely losing the advantage. Just my thoughts, anyway. :)

You know after almost two weeks, if this is a local, someone has to be wondering "where is so and so. I haven't seen him in ages." But, if he has her secured some place, he could be going about his daily routine. I don't even want to think about the third possibility.

We really don't know what LE knows but I think they have POI's who have been questioned. Perhaps one of the POI's has lawyered up...we have no idea. We just don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Perhaps the perp is a loner and no one would know that he's been acting strange etc. Perhaps the perp is being protected by his parents if he is young.

We hear about the searches but the whole town is mum about possible POI's. Holly's parents have not come into the media to make a plea...which leads me to think they know who is responsible.

In my opinion, I think they have some POI's and I think they are being watched. I think they may even have an idea of where they work, their schedule, some daily activities, etc. which may be why the searches go in certain directions.

Does anyone have any word about a PC and the time? I've been busy on other projects and can't seem to find it.
not sure if that reporter had his ducks in a row... I haven't heard it anywhere else...

I also tweeted at him asking what time this morning and he never answered...

You know after almost two weeks, if this is a local, someone has to be wondering "where is so and so. I haven't seen him in ages." But, if he has her secured some place, he could be going about his daily routine. I don't even want to think about the third possibility.

Absolutely, if it is anything like the small town area I grew up in, everyone seems to think they know everyone else's business or is either related to them in some way. There must be a million rumours floating around and must be very hard for all to keep on track with so few facts being shared with the public...however we must hope that there is good reason for how they are sharing the news. (or lack of)

D'Lynn Burton is NOT a family friend.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to the Holly Bobo Fund.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts after working with Holly's mother on the design and wording.

"When Holly comes home, [Holly's mother] wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

So, grandmaj, with new information given by GG, does that still mean we cannot discuss the t-shirt issues.....:banghead::banghead:

Thanks, score

I have been wondering that myself and agree with your reasoning. Just thinking logically, I don't quite get the idea behind planting items either.
Regardless of whether the goal is just to do something awful and then discard her, or keep her as some sort of prize, I think the goal is to get away fast and clean, so as not be caught.

By giving up the advantage of having apparently gotten away fairly clean, ad double back to plant false clues, the perp risks being seen by someone and completely losing the advantage. Just my thoughts, anyway. :)

It is hard to believe the perp could be so messy yet be able to hide Holly.

The most likely scenario, to me, is he is playing a game. By this, I am assuming the item was found in the open or was tipped by the perp.

Absolutely, if it is anything like the small town area I grew up in, everyone seems to think they know everyone else's business or is either related to them in some way. There must be a million rumours floating around and must be very hard for all to keep on track with so few facts being shared with the public...however we must hope that there is good reason for how they are sharing the news. (or lack of)

Combine this and the possible planting of clues and you get a scary picture of the perp but one that may have Holly alive.

What if this guy is just totally nuts? Maybe it's all a game to him and he doesn't care of he gets caught at the end? Maybe he just wants all the drama? I guess I watch too many movies.

I have two theories on that. If he disposed of the phone, he probably threw it out the first time it rang. If she had the phone in her possession it would become useless as soon as the battery went dead. That doesn't take much over a day on my phone. Just guesses on my part based on the premise that she may still be alive and she has developed some sort of trust with her kidnapper.

Like someone suggested, the perp may be thinking they're on their 'honeymoon' and Holly is playing along with it to a certain extent.

The perp never had it. She may have had it all along.

Kids keep their phones on silent (otherwise they get into trouble at school if a teacher hears the phone ring). Most kids I know don't even talk on their phones. All they do is text, text and text some more so it never actually rings. What if he didn't realize she had it?

As far as the location, they could have passed by there on the way to wherever she was taken. Don't forget this evidence has likely been there for the last two weeks.

In any case...all of this is hypothetical since we don't even know if that is what they found.

Makes sense, I keep my phone on vibrate much of the time instead of the ringer. I read one report that the item was found somewhere roadside. If thats true and it were a cell phone and Holly tossed it then IMO it has likely been there for days, possibly many days. Even if the loser who kidnapped her got rid of it it could have been there for awhile now.

Its a shame this much time has passed now since the abduction. Really when I think about it Im sort of surprised the kidnapper and Holly werent found the same day of the abduction. They walked into the woods together. I havent seen how long it took her brother before he called 911. Initially we heard she was dragged into the woods, which would make you think the 911 call was almost immediate, then it became she was led into the woods and her brother called 911 after seeing blood outside.

Does anyone know if her brother has taken a polygraph?

What if this guy is just totally nuts? Maybe it's all a game to him and he doesn't care of he gets caught at the end? Maybe he just wants all the drama? I guess I watch too many movies.

What do you mean, "What if this guy is just totally nuts?".....??

Anyone who'd abduct a young woman from their home is obviously 'totally nuts'.

If it was her phone, what is the travel time on foot or in car or on ATV (although I can't see how he took her that way) to the point where this was found?
Would the timing be right for her phone to have rung for the first time since being grabbed, with her mom or brother or BF trying to call her, trying to find her after realizing she was missing?

Maybe the perp was so jacked on adrenaline, or she was fighting or whatever, and he didn't think about getting rid of her phone right away until it rang, and this is where they were or where he pulled over and tossed it. He may not have taken the time to get rid of it in a more remote area but threw it as far as he could from the vehicle. It's probably private property and maybe he thought no one would ever find it there or think anything of it.
Just another theory, we don't know that it was the phone even...

He would have been seen at the time of day by people at the business. So imo, it wasn't the first thing thrown out.

I've been trying to follow this case and I just wanted to add that if someone was driving on Hwy 69 and threw a cell phone out the window in the area of Eaton St, with some force, the cell phone would likely break apart as it hit the ground and might have ended up as far in as to be considered found "in the vicinity" of 100 Eaton St. It would probably have been rendered unoperable at that time and LE would not have been able to try to ping it. Not sure what type of phone she had but or whether it was on but there are ways for LE to get the phone turned on remotely and ping it. Obviously this was not a possibility from the time they started the search for Holly.

It also seems to me that the phone tip was called in hours before anything was found in that location so the phone tip could have been about suspicious behaviour that someone had seen. Perhaps someone noticed someone else throwing something from a vehicle that day?

MOO

Can someone please post the approximate number of hours until the scheduled presser? I'm getting confused with the timezone differences between here and there.

Thanks in advance!

ETA - Just saw Nurses answer above. Thanks :)

Makes sense, I keep my phone on vibrate much of the time instead of the ringer. I read one report that the item was found somewhere roadside. If thats true and it were a cell phone and Holly tossed it then IMO it has likely been there for days, possibly many days. Even if the loser who kidnapped her got rid of it it could have been there for awhile now.

Its a shame this much time has passed now since the abduction. Really when I think about it Im sort of surprised the kidnapper and Holly werent found the same day of the abduction. They walked into the woods together. I havent seen how long it took her brother before he called 911. Initially we heard she was dragged into the woods, which would make you think the 911 call was almost immediate, then it became she was led into the woods and her brother called 911 after seeing blood outside.

Does anyone know if her brother has taken a polygraph?

The ONLY things that we know for sure about the case is that they found Holly's lunch bag and that piece of tape with a blonde hair. But that hasn't been released that it was Holly's hair. Oh yeah, and the blood. They haven't released if that was Holly's either. Also, it hasn't been released if anyone has taken polygraphs, but I would be very surprised if they haven't given them to all close to Holly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth