Votes: 57 43.8%
  • Undecided - self explanatory

Votes: 16 12.3%

• Total voters

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I would start a poll, to include NGRI, LWoP, Death Penalty, Undecided.

My vote was LWoP. I would reserve the death penalty only for LWoP convicts who commit additional serious crimes (murder, rape, torture, escape ...) while incarcerated.

I put undecided - not sure how all of this mental health stuff will play out- will wait- either LWOP or death penalty for me. No mental institution or lesser penalty.

death penalty

He doesn't deserve to live since he killed so many people and ruined so many peoples lifes.

I voted undecided. I prefer to wait until trial and all the evidence has been presented before I make up my mind as to punishment.

i voted LWOP. he gets off too 'easy' with the death penalty. he needs to live the rest of his life in solitary confinement if u ask me. i'd prefer some sort of daily torture take place if it was up to me.

I believe the death penalty is a much too easy way "out"...and most of my life ive been very pro-DP....

I believe life in prison is not enough.....they get way too many luxuries/privileges....

When it comes to people like murderers pedophiles/sexual offenders....I believe the best solution is a loooong drawn out painful death.....like digging a hole, throwing the person in a that hole, covering it minus a hole for air and let them rot there slowly....

^^yeah, pretty gruesome, but i believe some crimes deserve the harshest punishment one could hand out....

with that said.....when it comes to mental dissorders and people who truly had no control over their actions because their mind is ****ed up....i have some different thoughts.

Too early to decide.

Still on the fence :fence:

I see planning on buying his killing "equipments" but the question is, was he in the right state of mind while he was doing that.

I would like to hear from a 3rd Party Psychiatrist who will actually see and evaluate JH right now. I want to see brain imaging and see if he is suffering from a brain tumor or any other affiliated diseases.

But one thing i am sure - He shouldn't be FREE AND he shouldn't be mingling with the Public . He is dangerous IMO.

I voted NGRI. Having had experience in higher education with folks who are brilliant and severely mentally ill, I have to step back and wait to be convinced otherwise. Maybe I am wrong -- evidence will tell.

LWOP, at this point, but I reserve my right to change my mind as new info comes out. I just hope he doesn't somehow get married and have children while he's in prison.

i voted LWOP. he gets off too 'easy' with the death penalty. he needs to live the rest of his life in solitary confinement if u ask me. i'd prefer some sort of daily torture take place if it was up to me.

In all likelihood they will never carry death penalty out in Co. Now, if he was in TX, that would be another story.

I voted NGRI. Having had experience in higher education with folks who are brilliant and severely mentally ill, I have to step back and wait to be convinced otherwise. Maybe I am wrong -- evidence will tell.

He can be mentally ill-that doesn't necessarily make him legally insane and doesn't prevent a conviction.
Mental illness and legal insanity are not one and the same.

i voted death penalty,i may not be american but i don't see why american taxpayers should pay to house this evil person for the rest of his life.

he took so many lives and and ruined many others,he does not deserve the privilege of life

i voted death penalty,i may not be american but i don't see why american taxpayers should pay to house this evil person for the rest of his life.
The cost of a death penalty case far exceeds the cost of housing an inmate for life. ( link ) For example, it cost Florida tax payers $5M to put Ted Bundy to death ( link ).

That said, am not saying the man should not be put to death, just that the common arguments, cost (as you suggest) and deterrence (as some believe), are myths.

Do you all think there's any relation between America's acceptance of the DP, and it's acceptance of gun violence?

Someone much wiser than me pointed out, you don't have more crazies than anyone else, they are just better armed.

Fry him! He murdered in cold blood, with no care about babies, young children, mothers, fathers and older people. Not to mentioned the ones he wounded and the families and friends of these vitcims.

We have had too much of this in our country. We need swift justice to show the wanna bes we mean business, and there is no tolerance for this in our society.

:maddening::maddening:

I voted LWOP

I think the state wants DP, but I am not so sure all the families will want that.

I think the def. will start out with the Insanity argument, then in the end there will be a deal that gives him LWOP.

I voted LWOP

I think the state wants DP, but I am not so sure all the families will want that.

I think the def. will start out with the Insanity argument, then in the end there will be a deal that gives him LWOP.

At least some family members do want the death penalty, according to tmz.
With so many victims, not everybody is going to agree, but I don't see why they have to.

At least some family members do want the death penalty, according to tmz.
With so many victims, not everybody is going to agree, but I don't see why they have to.

What's the state going to do if half want the dp and half don't?

IMO, I think there will be a plea somewhere along the way. Lwop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back