POI-Marcus Harper

I have been listening to the podcast. I really hope it brings more attention to Tara's case. I can't stop thinking about the part of episode 2 where her sister mentions MH and the "18 year old" he was dating. Was this relationship confirmed? Or was that possibly what Tara told her sister, but it was actually HER (Tara) that was dating the 18 year old? According to the podcast she was dating AV...but, I have also came across other information, as well, about another former student.

It all makes me wonder if MH had actually moved on (like he said). I know he has supposedly been interviewed numerous times, but I still believe he was somehow involved. His "alibi" is far too convenient - and possibly fabricated. I am curious about the absence of reports for Bennie that night... Payne mentions this at the very end of the third episode.

Just some random thoughts. I hope this forum gets some more attention.

I'm really confused about the meaning of the last lines of the email to Marcus' mother... What were the exact last words? Something about should something happen to me or even Marcus? She goes on to express concern about something happening just to her, but the fact she included something that indicated danger to him as well seemed odd. Might some other parties might be involved? A new boyfriend, perhaps?

I agree. There is some other wording in that email that confuses me, as well.

"If this were all about me, I would not want Marcus..."

"This does not mean I'm a bad person. It means I have to put it first in my life, and I was happy having it that way..."

Who is it all about? And what is IT there? It's very odd wording.

did you find copies of the emails she sent MH's mother? seems like you know more about what's in the emails than was mentioned in the podcast. I'd like to read the emails if they are available. Also, has anyone ever interviewed MH's mother? if Tara was emailing her this stuff, obviously his mother was aware of what was going on. I find it extremely frustrating that there's a missing, presumably murdered, woman and these emails from her to a POI's mom basically get "thrown under the rug". It's obvious MH and his family have more information, at least on why Tara would email his mother she was possible in danger and so was her son.

"This does not mean I'm a bad person. It means I have to put it first in my life, and I was happy having it that way..."
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Is it possible within the time lines that Tara could be pregnant or thought she was pregnant with Marcus's child?

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Is it possible within the time lines that Tara could be pregnant or thought she was pregnant with Marcus's child?

I have always thought this; that Tara was insenuating that she was pregnant. Also would explain the large amount of cash in the car. Maybe she backed out of an abortion?

I have been listening to the podcast. I really hope it brings more attention to Tara's case. I can't stop thinking about the part of episode 2 where her sister mentions MH and the "18 year old" he was dating. Was this relationship confirmed? Or was that possibly what Tara told her sister, but it was actually HER (Tara) that was dating the 18 year old? According to the podcast she was dating AV...but, I have also came across other information, as well, about another former student.

It all makes me wonder if MH had actually moved on (like he said). I know he has supposedly been interviewed numerous times, but I still believe he was somehow involved. His "alibi" is far too convenient - and possibly fabricated. I am curious about the absence of reports for Bennie that night... Payne mentions this at the very end of the third episode.

Just some random thoughts. I hope this forum gets some more attention.
This!

I'm really confused about the meaning of the last lines of the email to Marcus' mother... What were the exact last words? Something about should something happen to me or even Marcus? She goes on to express concern about something happening just to her, but the fact she included something that indicated danger to him as well seemed odd. Might some other parties might be involved? A new boyfriend, perhaps?
Also this!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Also, this. IMO it makes sense if you put it into that context BUT I personally think *if* there was a pregnancy it was likely NOT MH b/c he had only been home for 3 weeks- not enough time to get a positive pregnancy test and determine an abortion.Unless my time frame for him being home is off. IMO.

This!

Also this!

Also, this. IMO it makes sense if you put it into that context BUT I personally think *if* there was a pregnancy it was likely NOT MH b/c he had only been home for 3 weeks- not enough time to get a positive pregnancy test and determine an abortion.Unless my time frame for him being home is off. IMO.

Regarding your first question about the 18-year-old, I feel certain that was confirmed. Tara had "teacher friends" in Tifton, GA, who had taught this young girl and gave Tara the scoop. They are the ones who made her aware of the relationship to begin with, IIRC. As for the curious wording in her e-mail about something happening to her or even Marcus, my nosey self would loveee to know what the heck she was talking about, especially given that she disappeared shortly after making those comments. Was she a drama queen type? That might explain those comments. I've no doubt that Dr. Godwin knows, but I'm not sure how much of that info he can divulge. He has said several times that Tara was not pregnant. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but maybe I at least gave you some clarity on the 18-year-old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She may have been pregnant. She may have seen or knew of something she shouldn't have or threaten to divulge. I think Dr. Godwin has based his predictions on what he saw at the house. He says there weren't any pregnancy tests in the bathroom, which doesn't mean she wasn't pregnant. He saw other things too...birth control pills/tampons. Again, that doesn't mean she wasn't.
I personally don't think she was and believe Dr. Godwin would know more than any other one of us.
That being said, someone close has told me that some have said it was "known" she was pregnant. But I never know what to believe.
It could be another part to this twisted story. She could have been. It could have been she didn't know who the father was and someone freaked.
At this point I don't think it matters. I think she knew something she wasn't supposed to have known and someone got rid of the problem.

Hi guys. Long time follower of this case. Quick question that arose while listening to the podcast...Tara's friend that called her at the BBQ...did I hear correctly that she called from the White Horse while MH was there? I'm sorry I can't remember if she saw something he was doing that prompted her to call Tara. Thanks!

Hi guys. Long time follower of this case. Quick question that arose while listening to the podcast...Tara's friend that called her at the BBQ...did I hear correctly that she called from the White Horse while MH was there? I'm sorry I can't remember if she saw something he was doing that prompted her to call Tara. Thanks!

That's my understanding - the friend called Tara from the White Horse Saloon and told her MH was there. That's according to news articles from that time period.

That's my understanding - the friend called Tara from the White Horse Saloon and told her MH was there. That's according to news articles from that time period.

Thank ya!

So I notice that many people on here and even Anita herself in media interviews say that they think Tara 'left' with someone knowingly. Is it as widely believed that Tara left on her own? Got the call from her friend at the BBQ earlier that upset her, came home, got stewed up even more, changed her clothes, grabbed her purse and left? She was upset and irrational and knew MH was out. This makes sense to me. I don't think there was a struggle in the house. She went out and the struggle was with whoever she was going to see. This person (or a friend) drove the car back with Tara not in it. This could mean two things, right? One, it opens up MH's timeline a little. On the podcast, from the dispatch logs, they state that his timeline was opened up already by the first time that he could've encountered Merritt. Opens it up even more if Tara was already there waiting close in the proximity. Two, maybe she was going to see HD and that was something he definitely didn't want, especially if he was home with his wife as is stated. It just seems to me that whoever harmed Tara had to have had help, and that's a lot to ask of someone in my opinion. IIRC dogs did not hit on Tara's car, so she wasn't in it. There were two cars unless for whatever reason her body is still in the area that they met.

So I notice that many people on here and even Anita herself in media interviews say that they think Tara 'left' with someone knowingly. Is it as widely believed that Tara left on her own? Got the call from her friend at the BBQ earlier that upset her, came home, got stewed up even more, changed her clothes, grabbed her purse and left? She was upset and irrational and knew MH was out. This makes sense to me. I don't think there was a struggle in the house. She went out and the struggle was with whoever she was going to see. This person (or a friend) drove the car back with Tara not in it. This could mean two things, right? One, it opens up MH's timeline a little. On the podcast, from the dispatch logs, they state that his timeline was opened up already by the first time that he could've encountered Merritt. Opens it up even more if Tara was already there waiting close in the proximity. Two, maybe she was going to see HD and that was something he definitely didn't want, especially if he was home with his wife as is stated. It just seems to me that whoever harmed Tara had to have had help, and that's a lot to ask of someone in my opinion. IIRC dogs did not hit on Tara's car, so she wasn't in it. There were two cars unless for whatever reason her body is still in the area that they met.

As far as meeting HD that night after BBQ, I'm just speculating here. But in the last podcast episode, Troy Davis said she spoke to someone for a good little bit (a person who she described as a close family friend and a police officer in Perry). He is said to have called Tara at approximately 10:20 that night. If it's a 1 hour 15 min drive each way, my guess is that she didn't leave to go meet HD. I could be very wrong. He could have used his job as an excuse to leave that time of night. Depending on Tara's conversation with Meghan, the girl who called from the White Horse, I could definitely see Tara going home to freshen up, change clothes, whatever, then go meet Meghan as an excuse to see MH. Pure speculation on my part either way. As you mentioned in your comment, I've also heard most people assume she left with someone that night, probably because she left her cell phone behind. I agree with you that she very well may have left on her own. No more than we know, I'd say it's equally as likely.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress