Identified! UT - SLC, Body found in Jordan River, Feb'08 - Donna Toland

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
February 6th, 2008 @ 6:49pm

(KSL News) Salt Lake City police say a woman's body was found floating in the Jordan River this afternoon.

Police say juveniles found the body in the river near 200 North and 100 West. They say the woman is Caucasian and believe she is in her 20s.

Police estimate that her body has been in the river for at least a couple of days. There are no obvious signs of foul play.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2618016

Gosh, does it never end?! Women are turning up dead right and left. There doesn't seem to matter where across the nation.

Wow!!! I was born and raised in Salt Lake and I still read the Salt Lake Tribune every day online because most of my family lives there. I have not heard one word about this until now. My mom knows my interest in helping with missing persons cases, and hasn't mentioned it either, which tells me, even being local, she had not heard about this. Very disappointing that these stories are not covered better.

I sincerely hope they can identify this woman soon. The area where she was found is basically right in the downtown Salt Lake City area, I believe. Salt Lake is set up like a grid, with the LDS temple being the center. From there you have 1st East (State Street), 1st West, 1st South, and 1st North, and so on from there. This area is also not very far from the University of Utah. I'm thinking possibly a college student as they said she seems to be in her early 20's.

Also this is not the greatest, safest neighborhood.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Angela Marie Hancock [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MISSING SINCE: 12/6/2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DOB: 5-2-1979 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AGE: 29[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HEIGHT: 5'5" [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WEIGHT: 118 lbs[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HAIR: Brown[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EYES: Hazel[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RACE: white[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONTACT: Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office (801) 743-7000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Endangered Missing: Angela is traveling in a green 2001 toyota Corrola. Unknown direction. If you have any information or have seen Angela contact the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office[/FONT]

Pic at link:
http://bci.utah.gov/MPC/MPCMissing.html#Note

Sorry StillHoping, I didn't read your comment about the address downtown thing until after I made my post. And a howdy to my fellow Utahn!

I also wanted to say, it HAS crossed my mind that this COULD BE Brianna Denison. I think it's unlikely, but the possibility is definitely there. I did a search and Salt Lake is only 522 miles away from Reno, NV. The drive would take maybe half a day. With all the coverage about Brianna, it's possible the perp was afraid to dump (sorry for the word, it's awful, I know) her locally. I know I am jumping to conclusions, but I thought I should mention that I do think this is a possibility.

Sorry StillHoping, I didn't read your comment about the address downtown thing until after I made my post. And a howdy to my fellow Utahn!

Hi SuziQ, I didn't know you were from Utah. Glad to have someone here who knows what Utah is really like. Cause if you haven't been there, you really just don't know.

I had really wondered about the address too, as you can see from my post, I knew the original address would be right in the middle of downtown SLC, and I couldn't for the life of me think of what river was there. LOL.

That's interesting about Deanna, because we have a lot of crimes from Nevada end up here because of I-80. Whenever a UID is found along there, they could logistically be from anywhere as I-80 runs from West to East coast. It's a main artery through the U.S.

That's interesting about Deanna, because we have a lot of crimes from Nevada end up here because of I-80. Whenever a UID is found along there, they could logistically be from anywhere as I-80 runs from West to East coast. It's a main artery through the U.S.

Did you mean Brianna or did I miss something? Is there a Deanna missing as well?
And I agree, about the I-80 thing. I have been trying to find a match for a UID that was found off I-80 by the Great Salt Lake, I belive in October of 2000. And I just feel that she was missing from another state and dumped in Utah while en-route to elsewhere.

Mapquest Info for Reno, NV to Salt Lake City, Utah.
1:Start out going NORTH on N CENTER ST toward E 4TH ST / I-80 BL. 0.3 miles
2:Merge onto I-80 E (Crossing into UTAH). 516.6 miles
3:Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp.0.5 miles
4:Stay STRAIGHT to go onto UT-269 E / W 600 S.1.0 miles
5:Turn LEFT onto S STATE ST / US-89.0.3 miles
6:Turn LEFT onto E 400 S / UT-186 W.0.1 miles
7:End at Salt Lake City, UT US
Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 7 minutes Total Est. Distance: 519.05 miles

NOTE: This is basically a straight shot to Salt Lake from Reno on I-80.

Did you mean Brianna or did I miss something? Is there a Deanna missing as well?
And I agree, about the I-80 thing. I have been trying to find a match for a UID that was found off I-80 by the Great Salt Lake, I belive in October of 2000. And I just feel that she was missing from another state and dumped in Utah while en-route to elsewhere.

Lol, I was talking to my daughter and she was talking about her roomate, Deanna, a sweet girl. That's what I get for doing two things at once.

Oh yes, I drove by that UID on my way to and from work for a year. She was just yards away from the highway. (ETA: I didn't know she was there of course!) I've searched other state databases for her ID as well. She had very long beautiful hair right? You would think someone would have recognized her description.

Lol, I was talking to my daughter and she was talking about her roomate, Deanna, a sweet girl. That's what I get for doing two things at once.

Oh yes, I drove by that UID on my way to and from work for a year. She was just yards away from the highway. I've searched other state databases for her ID as well. She had very long beautiful hair right? You would think someone would have recognized her description.

LOL, I thought it might be something like that. Didn't mean to call you out, but I thought I missed something.

Yes, she had really long hair, and was young. I think she would be about my age, and was probably dumped there about the time I graduated from High School. It's scarey to know she was out there for so long, and SO many people did drive by her probably every day just like you. But there are so many places like that in Utah, where someone would never be found. Gives me shivers up the spine. I started a thread for her here under UID's. I haven't gotten much input, and I'd certainly love yours.

I have learned from the Stacy Peterson case, there are so many missing and murdered women being found daily...you just never know. :( Hopefully, they will release any information on clothing or the confirmation of her ID soon.

I have learned from the Stacy Peterson case, there are so many missing and murdered women being found daily...you just never know. :( Hopefully, they will release any information on clothing or the confirmation of her ID soon.

I agree. I just figured you never know. And it really is a feasible scenario. But I really hope they release more details soon on this UID. I can't find anyone missing in Utah for 2008, but they may just not be on the web yet.

That is what I have run across lately, too. Some of the women found had not been publicly identified as being missing or had not been reported to LE as missing yet.

That is what I have run across lately, too. Some of the women found had not been publicly identified as being missing or had not been reported missing yet.

I believe that is a large part of the problem in why we have such a large database of UID's. It's so very sad. Do you think it's the families not reporting the person missing, the media not running the stories, or the LE not wanting the stories to go public? Maybe a mixture of all 3?

I live in Utah also.

Hi SuziQ, I didn't know you were from Utah. Glad to have someone here who knows what Utah is really like. Cause if you haven't been there, you really just don't know.

I had really wondered about the address too, as you can see from my post, I knew the original address would be right in the middle of downtown SLC, and I couldn't for the life of me think of what river was there. LOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back