DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know when Relisha's mommy is supposed to end her stay in the hospital. Not in the next few days by coincidence?

There is an obit from 2012 that has both of these people listed as survivors to the deceased. The name Rickie is shown as Ricky C. Lyles and Kahlil Malik Tatum is shown as Eric Malik Taturm. The cemetery is in Brentwood Md.
There are other family names listed as well. Hoping LE knows the other family names and are checking to see if they would be of any help in finding this child.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=158382554

Why in the world did the mother give this precious child to some "janitor" 3 weeks ago and why is this just coming out now?? :furious:

My God! When are our children going to be protected?

This doesn't look good for this poor girl. If the mother gave the girl to a janitor at the shelter and the girl hasn't been seen since, then I assume that the janitor hasn't been to work recently? Why didn't the stepfather look after the girl while the mother was in the hospital? Why was she given to a janitor? It seems strange that the mother or stepfather didn't check on her while she was with the janitor. And why give a young girl to a man to take care of instead of a woman? The fact that a woman was found dead at the motel where they were looking for the girl doesn't ease my mind any. I hope this girl is safe somewhere but I'm worried about her. And I also question whether she was really given to the janitor or a male friend or if that's just a made up story. And how long was this caretaker supposed to keep her for the mom?

Are we sure the mother is still in the hospital and that isn't her dead in the motel room?

Wow this case is all sorts of confusing! I hope they find this little girl and are able to bring her home.

Police searching for a missing 8-year-old girl from Southeast Washington found a woman linked to the case dead from apparent trauma in a Prince George’s County hotel room on Thursday, according to law enforcement officials.

Authorities also found two vehicles that had been connected to the girl’s disappearance— a black Honda Accord with D.C. license plates and a red Chevrolet Trail Blazer — in the parking lot of the Red Roof Inn in Oxon Hill. The missing girl, Relisha Tenau Rudd, was not located. A District police official said they believe she is with a man who accompanied or was related to the dead woman.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...af95b6-b043-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html

WASHINGTON (WNEW) — The FBI has joined the investigation into the disappearance of 8-year-old Relisha Rudd.

D.C. Police say Rudd may be traveling in a white 1976 GMC truck with Maryland tag 305015. Police say she may be traveling with Kahlil Malik Tatum and Rickie Sheridan Lyles.

Relisha is described as a black female, standing 4 feet tall and weighing between 70 and 80 pounds, with black hair, brown eyes, and a medium complexion.

She was last seen in the 1900 block of Massachusetts Avenue SE.

FBI agents went to the Temple Hills home of one of the adults named in the Amber Alert around 2:30 p.m. Thursday. Law enforcement sources tell WNEW Senior Correspondant Mark Segraves agents left the apartment with a woman who is a witness in the case.

Relisha had been staying at the D.C. General family shelter with her mother and stepfather for the past year. Relisha’s stepfather says her mother gave Relisha to a male janitor who works at the shelter more than three weeks ago, but they haven’t seen the girl since.

Relish had been missing since late February, but here disappearance was only brought to the attention of police on Wednesday when officials with D.C. Public Schools realized she hadn’t been showing up for class

http://FBI Joins Search For Missing 8-Year-Old, Amber Alert Issued

i wonder what unsavory business these adults including mom were up to with this child??
if i'm understanding it correctly they only alerted the police after the school inquired about her whereabouts.

Relisha Tenau Rudd was last seen Feb. 26 at the D.C. Shelter for Families on the grounds of the old D.C. General Hospital in Southeast. Police think she is in the company of a man in his 50's who works at the shelter, and the man's brother-in-law, also in his 50's.

While searching for the girl Thursday morning, Prince George's County Police found the body of a woman who appeared to have been beaten in a room at the Red Roof Inn in Oxon Hill.

They had been going room to room there after D.C. police asked them to search the location for a connection to Rudd, reported News4's Megan McGrath.

Prince George's County Police confirmed they are investigating the woman's death as a homicide. It's unclear whether the woman or her death is linked to the girl's disappearance.

They had searched several rooms at the motel at 6170 Oxon Hill Road before finding the body, McGrath reported. Investigators interviewed motel guests after the discovery.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...d-Reported-Missing-From-SE-DC--251168541.html

Just read up...and am physically I'll. Poor child, don't know what else to do but pray.

Just read up...and am physically I'll. Poor child, don't know what else to do but pray.

Same here. Reminds me so much of Shaniya Davis - both precious girls being given away by their moms. I'm so afraid for this child. :cry:

I'd love to know when Relisha's mommy is supposed to end her stay in the hospital. Not in the next few days by coincidence?

Are we sure the mother is still in the hospital and that isn't her dead in the motel room?

I don't think her mother was in the hospital. The hospital she gave the address for is closed down and being used as a homeless shelter.

FYI, I know we can't link here, but both of those men have easily accessible Facebook pages. Not much there, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni