DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

DC Mansion Warrant

Return After Search of Ford

Return After Search of White Chevy

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 516
I just hate how everything seemed to work out so perfectly for DW, everything fell right into place for this monster. Besides getting caught of course, just seems like everything up to that point worked against the family. So unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hate how everything seemed to work out so perfectly for DW, everything fell right into place for this monster. Besides getting caught of course, just seems like everything up to that point worked against the family. So unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly agree - I kept thinking "if only there was a delivery that morning, if only someone became suspicious, if only..." It makes me so terribly sad that there was no type of intervention. I agree - so unfair, so unbelievably horrible. I believe that they all felt hope on the Thursday that since they had done what was asked the bad guy(s) would just leave and leave them alive. That their nightmare would end but it just got worse. JMO

Does anyone know the average salary for an employee at AIW, in particular a welder? That could be part of the rage/motive ... anger that SS had all this $$$ while employees were making minimal salary in the eyes of DW and others ... on top of getting fired.
IIRC AIW welders make 40 per hr. The issue of pay came up here before. DW has been long gone from AIW. Earlier stories reported that his cousin iirc had been recently let go, however. But hard to know what was truth and what was rumor with the first news stories. I found convincing the "expert"(sorry no citation) who said it is not typical for a disgruntled, fired employee to wait ten years to get revenge--or five, if one takes into account DW's last outburst in front of AIW with bb gun and machete. Could he have been stirred up by his cousin's situation? Actually, the barbarity of a crime is not always an expression of personal rage. It can be pure psychopathic sadism. JMO

No way will he be respected or revered. He may have a groupie or two in prison, but not the kind that would give him any cred. Pedophile torturers.

Did you know that a certain population rules the DC prison.

Do you think that the people he is going to be locked up with are all stellar members of the community.

The ruthless hands on criminals that have no problem strangling, stabbing, beating, and killing a family of 4 will be feared in prison by a good majority. As long as they see you can hold your own then they will leave you be.

Plus with the case notoriety; Some prisoners will feel that it is an honor to be in the same sector with him.

Most of those guys are in for guns, drugs, rape, and murder via gun. But DW already displayed his savageness and prisoners know that he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. He has a violent past as well.

I know it sounds messed up but look at the mind set of most of them. Killers respect killers in their world.

Jmo. He will be okay on jail.

IIRC AIW welders make 40 per hr. The issue of pay came up here before. DW has been long gone from AIW. Earlier stories reported that his cousin iirc had been recently let go, however. But hard to know what was truth and what was rumor with the first news stories. I found convincing the "expert"(sorry no citation) who said it is not typical for a disgruntled, fired employee to wait ten years to get revenge--or five, if one takes into account DW's last outburst in front of AIW with bb gun and machete. Could he have been stirred up by his cousin's situation? Actually, the barbarity of a crime is not always an expression of personal rage. It can be pure psychopathic sadism. JMO

$40 HR is a nice chunk of change to lose, especially if your not able to obtain other employment after 10 yrs because of a bad reference from your former employer [hypothetically] ... and then your family member gets fired??? [unverified] ... if true that's a lot of rage to build up over 10 yrs - unemployed, no job, cousin gets fired ... one may start looking back at who did them wrong and seek revenge

Copying from last thread...

Gabchar27

Really makes me wonder, did everything really fall right into place for him, or was it an inside job? This case is so puzzling to me because I feel it could go in any direction. Though I lean towards an inside job right now.

I think the $40 range came from the New York Iron works settlement. Washington DC welders don't make that much.
Here are BLS figures for DC:
State Employment (1) Employment per thousand jobs Location quotient (9) Hourly mean wage Annual mean wage (2)
District of Columbia 60 0.10 0.03 $27.59 $57,390
http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes514121.htm#st

Since VF would normally leave the house at 3:00 PM, which was her normal schedule, but didn't for obvious reasons, that moves the time line up considerably from when I thought DW must of entered the home. To hold AS, PS and VG for over two and half hours before AS called SS to come home is a long time.

I wish NG would have elaborated on if SS drove himself home from the DOJO or if JW did when she said she was at the DOJO with SS when he got the call to come home.

I sure wish NG would have answered the phone at 9:30 PM when SS called her and left a voicemail. It might of changed the the outcome of this tragic event if NG would have sensed something was wrong while talking with SS about not coming to work the following morning.

JMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion...utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think the $40 range came from the New York Iron works settlement. Washington DC welders don't make that much.
Here are BLS figures for DC:
State Employment (1) Employment per thousand jobs Location quotient (9) Hourly mean wage Annual mean wage (2)
District of Columbia 60 0.10 0.03 $27.59 $57,390
http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes514121.htm#st

I think I read somewhere that AIW was a union shop..

Since VF would normally leave the house at 3:00 PM, which was her normal schedule, but didn't for obvious reasons, that moves the time line up considerably from when I thought DW must of entered the home. To hold AS, PS and VG for over two and half hours before AS called SS to come home is a long time.

I wish NG would have elaborated on if SS drove himself home from the DOJO or if JW did when she said she was at the DOJO with SS when he got the call to come home.

I sure wish NG would have answered the phone at 9:30 PM when SS called her and left a voicemail. It might of changed the the outcome of this tragic event if NG would have sensed something was wrong while talking with SS about not coming to work the following morning.

JMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion...233&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm still on the fence with the knowledge from said person. Jmo. But I will let the investigation take its course.

With no more arrests, I'm starting to wonder if DM didn't really do this by himself.

JMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion...233&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I can't see an employee of the family calling LE without something very explicit. This goes for both NG and VF's husband. If they bring the police out to the house for nothing they could be fired for embarrassing the family, or at least that would be their fear.

With no more arrests, I'm starting to wonder if DM didn't really do this by himself.

That's what I think/believe. I see someone like him as an opportunist and do think that he did this on his own. I don't know how it is that he got to the home that is bugging me. I have not seen anything that would indicate wint had a vehicle and if one was found near the home I am sure we would have seen that in print or SW. I still think that someone brought him back by way of vehicle. I am not sure about the boot print. It could have been there. IIRC a neighbor went to the front door upon seeing the fire and I wonder if someone did that trying to get in then. jmo idk

$40 HR is a nice chunk of change to lose, especially if your not able to obtain other employment after 10 yrs because of a bad reference from your former employer [hypothetically] ... and then your family member gets fired??? [unverified] ... if true that's a lot of rage to build up over 10 yrs - unemployed, no job, cousin gets fired ... one may start looking back at who did them wrong and seek revenge

Plus a felony. His life was a constant downward spiral after leaving AIW in 2005

Which is why I think he was mad at SS. The downward spiral couldn't be his own fault so probably blamed SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member