DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't fair to call what I wrote "a comparison" of the two. Calling my words a comparison is the stretch here. I didn't posit any of the above. Sheesh.

Ok, sorry, but this is what I was responding to:

Originally Posted by AmazonianAbroad
I keep thinking about Ted Bundy, oddly enough, when these murders come to mind.

I believe likely it was only JW's public displays of pride, envy and avarice (and not criminal participation) that set this in motion. They don't call 'em "deadly sins" for nothing.

But, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the intersection between JW and DW is bigger than people in common on social media.

I am sorry if I jumped to conclusions. It seems to me that there is a comparison being made between JW and T Bundy. But I must be misinterpreting.

I wonder who he had to run the dojo daily for him. I don't really understand the business model and why he'd have it way out in VA.

It's in the same building as the American Welding Institute, the welding school AIW started in Chantilly.

IF SS or his wife had a problem with it, it would have been handled and we'd never have seen those pics. :)

He only worked for SS for six weeks. Perhaps they did have a problem with it and perhaps they were handling it.

I don't think he could have made those posts "public" and at the same time exclude individual friends from viewing (if I am clear on the settings!!)

I have been assuming the posts shared in the media were posts in his public view. Do we know otherwise? Would be interesting if a FB friend gave the media those posts that weren't made "public view."

You can block certain people from seeing specific posts. I have done it myself. When your kids are your SM friends, it's good to know how to do that. :)

Ok, sorry, but this is what I was responding to:

Originally Posted by AmazonianAbroad
I keep thinking about Ted Bundy, oddly enough, when these murders come to mind.

I believe likely it was only JW's public displays of pride, envy and avarice (and not criminal participation) that set this in motion. They don't call 'em "deadly sins" for nothing.

But, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the intersection between JW and DW is bigger than people in common on social media.

I am sorry if I jumped to conclusions. It seems to me that there is a comparison being made between JW and T Bundy. But I must be misinterpreting.

They are both superficially charming and narcissists?

He only worked for SS for six weeks. Perhaps they did have a problem with it and perhaps they were handling it.

Perhaps. But IF I am having a problem with an employees FB pages, I am going to ask them to remove those pages, right? It just seems that if SS had a problem with it he'd have said so already. JMO

How about not leaving any evidence behind beside the pizza crust? Not being seen or heard coming or going and controlling that house? Skirting the alarm and cameras that SS had? Their are tricks to every trade.
Have you learned or mastered any trade, craft or art before?

Have to say: Leaving the pizza crust behind is a VERY basic, stupid mistake. Even if he thought the fire was going to destroy everything. Well, there is another mistake because he didn't get a good enough fire going. AND, the blood of one of the S family members was found on his shoes. Another big mistake. Getting caught on surveillance tape running away from the burning Porsche. I don't think DW has mastered anything except avoiding deportation.

I don't know. I have 3 theories going at all times and they are all distinct from one another. None of them involves DW coming up with the plan on his own. :)
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing him thinking out a plan on any level. He seems more like the evil version of the Tasmanian devil.

Yeah, I have a hard time seeing him thinking out a plan on any level. He seems more like the evil version of the Tasmanian devil.

All of which makes me even more convinced that HE was the mastermind behind this evil epic fail. Only an idiot could have set this idiotic plan in motion, imo.

Many people are mugged at night walking with a knife. In the 20/20 special that incident was a person who Wint was mad at and he was stalking him. We don't know that murder was DW's goal - not sure what the trial determined. i'm not defending DW. I just think "hardened criminal" is an inappropriate term for him. We can agree to disagree.

Maybe his list of crimes prior seems to be a common looking, though still very bad, rap sheet. However, upon reading the accounts of the crimes themselves, not just the legalese of the charges, I believe I've met this type of person before. He is certainly a very hardened, nasty person. Obvious now but should have been obvious before. Whether his goal was murder or not, he is the type of person where murder is always an option. A ticking time bomb that finally went off.

I can't even remember why we are talking about this, but I think you can't block certain people from seeing a specific post while also making it public. I do use the "custom" feature so only certain people can see my posts, but Because of that my posts are not public. You could see those posts of JW without being his friend, so they were public. (AFAIK!)

Maybe his list of crimes prior seems to be a common looking, though still very bad, rap sheet. However, upon reading the accounts of the crimes themselves, not just the legalese of the charges, I believe I've met this type of person before. He is certainly a very hardened, nasty person. Obvious now but should have been obvious before. Whether his goal was murder or not, he is the type of person where murder is always an option. A ticking time bomb that finally went off.

I hope you only had to meet in passing. Yikes.

I hope you only had to meet in passing. Yikes.

This type of person cannot keep the mask on for very long. It is very apparent, very quickly that this is a very dangerous person. Their speech and mannerisms give them away. Everything is right there bubbling very close to the surface. The look in their eyes and facial expressions are chilling to the bone. Full of rage that cannot be disguised. Only contained for a time before letting loose again. This may seem hyperbole to some but not if you've experienced it first hand. I have a very good idea what the scene at the S house was. And, IMO, SS understood very well to keep things as calm as possible. And hope for intervention. I do wonder if DW was high on drugs throughout. I recall reading early on that he was a very bad abuser of hard drugs but haven't seen anything else in regards to that. His family definitely know what he's capable of and I don't think they were shocked to learn of his arrest.

I don't think he could have made those posts "public" and at the same time exclude individual friends from viewing (if I am clear on the settings!!)

I have been assuming the posts shared in the media were posts in his public view. Do we know otherwise? Would be interesting if a FB friend gave the media those posts that weren't made "public view."

Even if posts are public you can block people on Instagram and restrict specific people from public posts.

I think we are all over thinking the call to NG and making it way more complicated or nefarious than it was. I think a panicky DW put a knife to Amy's throat and said to SS---" You had better make sure that no one comes to this house tonight or tomorrow or I'll slit her throat."
And I think it occurred to SS that the only other person that might be able to enter the home, even if no one answered the bell, could be NG. As a 20 yr employee she probably had a key and or a code to enter the home. That would be a disaster so SS could have said to DW " Let me call and make sure my housekeeper knows not to show up tomorrow."

That type of scenario makes the most sense to me. Not some fake alibi because this life long employee is secretly having the family slaughtered for some unknown reason.

Eh but she wasn't expected and the dojo was opening. Why her? Her English isn't great , she is not the brightest person SS knows, why not call someone who would pick up on things better.

That would not prevent the S family from possibly seeing them. Would he really post them on public view and try to block the SS familY? Because I saw them on his public FB before it went down. If I could see them then SS would know about them too.

Not if they were logged in and that post was restricted specifically to them.

Perhaps. But IF I am having a problem with an employees FB pages, I am going to ask them to remove those pages, right? It just seems that if SS had a problem with it he'd have said so already. JMO

I bet PS was on FB more than his parents. He was a mature kid. Maybe he had just told his parents about it. Maybe this is why he got the wrath from the killer.

Have to say: Leaving the pizza crust behind is a VERY basic, stupid mistake. Even if he thought the fire was going to destroy everything. Well, there is another mistake because he didn't get a good enough fire going. AND, the blood of one of the S family members was found on his shoes. Another big mistake. Getting caught on surveillance tape running away from the burning Porsche. I don't think DW has mastered anything except avoiding deportation.

It's not that DW mastered avoiding deportation. It's that ICE can't be trusted to work efficiently. DW was no mastermind.

Eh but she wasn't expected and the dojo was opening. Why her? Her English isn't great , she is not the brightest person SS knows, why not call someone who would pick up on things better.

Maybe because she was the conduit to VF's husband? VF's absence from home had to be explained. And also doubled as an opportunity to get a coded message out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj