2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't the DT get someone qualified to testify? Hmmmmm?

Why didn't JA point out that Dr. Logan had to resign? Bill S said he was sure JA would bring it up.

eyebrows.jpg

Her eyebrows grew back!

(I hope this is allowed here, if not let me know and I'll move it)

I would be peeing right now if I were Logan.

I am all for JA, but I wish he would just calm down a little bit. He is going to go overboard here.......

Aaaaaaaaaaaand...we are back at the Frye Hearings...Dottie just threw up her hands as HHJP AGAIN sustained JA's objection. :)

Ouch - JA is losing his temper!

As an unofficial *mock juror* this does NOT look good when JA slams the cans down & raises his voice to the witness. IMO, it's unprofessional.

Just sayin'.

DS w/Dr. Logan - 4 fatty acids can be found in food, biologic, and others in this case - can you tell me where those were found? on a papertowel

JA = your testimony these 4 fatty acids occur in combination oleic, palmetic, mysteric, ....found in oily vegetable like in palm oil...and in decomposing animal fat (object=overrule - he has answered questiong - untimely

milk cheese and butter fat same in adipocere? same fatty acids.....four fatty acids in both and additional carbon chains in milk, cheese and butter - 10 carbons....

carbon in steric- 18
plametic - 14
16?

dairy products = other fatty acids with 6 - 20 compounds carbon

other carbons in milk cheese and butter not found in adiopocere? yes if other compounds aretested for...

no special challenges on Gcms - can happen with any kind of evidence - particularly forensic samples - rarely pure - always problems

standard methodology likely to have fewer challenges - scientist do when faced with challenges that are not in protocol...develop new protocols....acceptable scientific procedure? yes

general principle published in forensic science journals.....steps and procedure not published? Journal of Forensic science does not give step by step process...collect sample, triple sorbent traps....run thru gcms - ...those are published yes

room air contaminents in ambient air - example of a blank - what should scientist do when blank shows unexpected results- investigate to ensure instrumentation,...stop what doing, figure problem, correct it and run it again? yes!

human error forget close a valve - proper procedure stop correct and start over - yes.

that precisely what was done when these challenges were faced....problem was diagnosed...notes from Dr. Vass why failed noted, corrected ran again, reported results....yes...

no further questions

Re-direct
DS w/Barry Logan

asked about challenges - what does that mean? unusual or unexpected about the sample being tested...what eaffect do challenges have on reliablity? object to reliablity in abstract DS object to JA.... HHBP - object (JA) sustain

how to collect air in trunk car - carpet samples - how much carpet how thick - published protocols on how to collect carpet on trunk of a car...what significance does that have in this case? outside expertise - sustain

all materials you have - can you reproduce exactly this experiment by Dr. Vass? NO - a lot of detail missing.....extablity of test.....no way to know if way I did test was same way Oakrdige did the test

JA- your lab couldn't do the carpet samples if you wanted to? we would be able to do that test...alright - show cans.....have you ever seen any of those? NO if you would have been sent any of those would you have tested? Objection! sidebar!

I love the Forensics. I think it will make or break this case.

hahahahaha...the look on this poor witness's face

"why me, Lord?"

OMG - the cans!!!

JA: "Have you ever see any one of those?"

No.

JA: "If you did, would you have been able to test it?"

OBJECTION!

Sidebar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics