What "visuals" might the State use to present evidence to the Jurors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if they will show a replica or model of a small child's skull with three layers of duct tape around the mandible, so the jury can see what was actually found at the crime scene (in real life). I know they will actually see photos, but to see it in real life would be unbelievable, particularly after exposure to elements. (So sad too).

I'm wondering if they will show a replica or model of a small child's skull with three layers of duct tape around the mandible, so the jury can see what was actually found at the crime scene (in real life). I know they will actually see photos, but to see it in real life would be unbelievable, particularly after exposure to elements. (So sad too).

I think that is a great idea! Showing how her little face/head/skull would actually look before and after decomp with the duct tape in place. I believe the distance between chin and nostrils on this small child is not that large and would easily be covered by the 3 overlapping pieces of duct tape. They took the taped pieces apart and showed those pics, but to see all of the wrinkles, curves, and impressions of the duct tape as it was placed over her flesh would be extremely compelling. The SA would be wise to see if grad students in crime reconstruction via technology want to work on a project. Free (or cheap) and brilliant assistance with people who have appropriate supervision by professors in the field.

They should put a medical dummy Caylee's weight and size folded up in a fetal position inside the same brand trash bags and lay it on a table in front of the jurors box for some period of time.
The lack of movement, and the sound it made being placed on the table should stick with them.

Too bad they couldn't make Casey pick it up, carry it in and put it on the table for them.

They could also have Frank Bender sculpt a bust using the dimensions of Caylee's skull with the exact placement of the duct tape in her hair and all.

They could also have Frank Bender sculpt a bust using the dimensions of Caylee's skull with the exact placement of the duct tape in her hair and all.

I found this link of an interview w/Frank Bender - forensic sculptures. The work this man has done is amazing!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycvalndZgS8[/ame]

I agree Eidetic - the 3 pieces of overlapping duct tape on a small child's bust would certainly prove beyond any reasonable doubt that it covered both Caylee's nose and mouth.
(BTW - is your name meant to be cited ie: backwards?)

Here is an interesting article about 360 degree leica scanning of the scene:

"Why is the data so compelling to a jury?
Data from a 3D laser scan is not someone’s reconstructed interpretation of the scene. It is the scene. Being able to virtually revisit the scene, frozen in time exactly as the first responder found it, provides public safety officials (and jurors with high expectations due to the “CSI Effect”) with a powerful way to visualize and place themselves into the scene".

http://www.forensicssource.com/p-2506-leica-scanstation-2.aspx

Given Mr. Ashton's statements on the state's theory of Caylee's death, I'm wondering if the prosecution will have a small doll the size of Caylee and will reinact the scenario of Caylee's death to the jury using the small doll. I'm wondering if they will demonstrate how KC restrained Caylee's arms after applying the duct tape. I can't type anymore. This is so sad. I hope whatever prop or demonstration they use will assist in her conviction! :furious:

I also think that if the SA uses these props/demonstrations, it will be interesting to watch KC's reaction in court IIKWIM. JMO

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eidetic

eidetic
One entry found.

Main Entry: ei·det·ic
Pronunciation: \ī-ˈde-tik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Greek eidētikos of a form, from eidos form — more at wise
Date: circa 1924
: marked by or involving extraordinarily accurate and vivid recall especially of visual images <an eidetic memory>

— ei·det·i·cal·ly \-ti-k(&#601;-)l&#275;\ adverb

Basically, it is the correct terminology for "photographic memory".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYQEyqWLUs[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBXNG_aePGA[/ame]

I attended [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22541"]The closing arguments for the Avila Trial -Murderer of Samantha Runnion CLICK HERE[/ame] with some other WS'ers. the prosecutors saved some of the very graphic pictures of Samantha displayed on the hillside for closing arguments. the jurors had never seen these pictures and so the shock value was high. they only showed them to the jury, not the public. Unfortunately, my sister was sitting in such a position that she saw some of them and had to leave the proceedings and could not return to the courtroom.
The prosecutor did a very powerful power point presentation that made it very easy to follow the incriminating evidence.

This right here was overwhelming:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=614396&postcount=24"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Donate to the Joyful Child Foundation!

mantha05.jpg

I attended The closing arguments for the Avila Trial -Murderer of Samantha Runnion CLICK HERE with some other WS'ers. the prosecutors saved some of the very graphic pictures of Samantha displayed on the hillside for closing arguments. the jurors had never seen these pictures and so the shock value was high. they only showed them to the jury, not the public. Unfortunately, my sister was sitting in such a position that she saw some of them and had to leave the proceedings and could not return to the courtroom.
The prosecutor did a very powerful power point presentation that made it very easy to follow the incriminating evidence.

This right here was overwhelming:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I followed this sad case and my heart cried for Erin. I read through the link you provided. Sweet Jesus, that poor baby suffered. I had to take a break from just reading your posts...

I'm hoping the DA in the Caylee case will also have a powerful presentation for the jury so that they will be able to see just what KC did to Caylee.

(After reading the previous thread, I have to take another breather. Jesus.. Sorry)

Beautiful Caylee will be introduced to the Jury. They will fall in love with her.

The jury will be seeing all the visual evidence many of you mentioned. Served as a side dish, the jury gets to see photos of the mother searching and dancing at Fusion. The tattoo picture will be shown. A visual of a happy mom connected with the things that have made jurors cry will produce outrage, IMO. They won't go easy on Casey no matter how she wears her hair or dresses for court.

Beautiful Caylee will be introduced to the Jury. They will fall in love with her.

The jury will be seeing all the visual evidence many of you mentioned. Served as a side dish, the jury gets to see photos of the mother searching and dancing at Fusion. The tattoo picture will be shown. A visual of a happy mom connected with the things that have made jurors cry will produce outrage, IMO. They won't go easy on Casey no matter how she wears her hair or dresses for court.

Yes and there will be a big poster entitled "Casey's Lies ", the jury is going to have a visceral reaction to her never reporting her daughter missing, and her grandmother needing to do so on DAY 31! I think the average person will feel the way Mike does here in this clip: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVATAKaV4HQ[/ame]

LIVID!!!

I know this sounds evil, but could the sa put a life-sized card board cut out photo of caylee and have it/her sitting in a chair at the SA table?

I don't see why not. The defense in Christopher Pitman's trial was allowed to use a life size cut out of the defendant at the age and size he was when he murdered his GP's.

Yes and there will be a big poster entitled "Casey's Lies ", the jury is going to have a visceral reaction to her never reporting her daughter missing, and her grandmother needing to do so on DAY 31! I think the average person will feel the way Mike does here in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVATAKaV4HQ

LIVID!!!

Thank you for that The World According - CNN gets mad - I don't believe I've ever seen that video before - even though I thought I'd seen everything out there. It gives me hope to see how passionate about Caylee people were then and still are.
I guess I get somewhat numb to my original feelings about this case as we dissect and talk and argue and chat about each little detail about this case. It helps to be reminded of the original horror at the real facts about the case, about who her killer is, and how much beautiful Caylee likely suffered.

I wish we had a "big tear" icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members