Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
From JVM (Jane Valez Mitchell) show someone just mentioned that the blue barrel found does not match TMorphey's description of the container he helped DP move.

Who's to say that DP ultimately didn't use a container or a blue barrel? Maybe the container was just to transport away from the home. I mean ya gotta get a body out of the home in some way. With all the blue barrels sighted maybe the blue barrel is just a red herring.
Is it rumor or fact though that other blue barrels were sighted? I don't know how near any truth that bartender was. One witness did see a blue barrel late `07, early `08 but it could very well be the same blue barrel. Then again it could be a red herring too. I dunno, I tend not to like JVM very much either...maybe that's coloring my thoughts.
ETA then again it looks like LE has stated they have had reports of blue barrels. I dunno, I'm tired I guess

All I've heard from Chicago stations is "Badly Decomposed" - too early to tell if it is or is not one of the two missing Will County women.

It would be lovely if either were finally found, but would be excellent if it were stacy seeing as Drew is finally behind bars. Perhaps Stacy made sure she was discovered now so that he'd pay for his actions. (sorry for those who don't believe in such things)

Oh I do believe in such things. Like when LE was closing in on Scott Peterson, and the bodies were found on the shoreline where he went fishing/golfing.

I believe there's timing in ALL things. I also believe in Karma. You cannot go unpunished on this earth (or heaven) should you choose to do cowardly acts...such as kill your wife(s).

If my instincts are right, I expect the blue barrell to follow shortly (if it hasn't already).

Now we'l have to wait it out if it's Lisa Steibic vs. Stacy Peterson.

All the best,

Melanie

This may have already been noted, but there appear to be only three young women missing (or so classified) in the Bollingbrook/Will County area. One of these was a young teen,(Rachel Mellon) now missing for twelve some years, so one would doubt any water bourne remains at this point.

Interestingly the only description of what these young women were wearing was provided by the primary persons of interest. A red jogging suit for Lisa Stepic claims her husband -- a jogging suit claims DP.

In Lisa's case some thought she was gardening and wearing jeans. In Stacy's case she was going to help paint and probably wearing jeans -- if she made it that long. Recently the police stated they had some new leads in the Stebic case, obviously not this latest event, or we would have seen some recent activity in the river area.

So, unless there are some other women missing, not reported, it seems we have an almost 100% has to be either Lisa or Stacy. I believe it will be Stacy -- Rt 55, Biker Bar, Blue Barrel -- all associated with DP.

I'm sure other folks have more info than this.

--->>>Interesting post thelmadawg;3774506, I LIKE THE BLUE JEANS PART the best/painting etc. for Stacy thought....

I do not see many joggers wearing blue jeans!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder what size they ARE. Anyone know the size differences for Stebic and Stacy????

PS: Dr Phil had an interesting program today primarily about the children, they have totally blended as a 'family' and are a loving group of children caring and loving one another. Stacy of course adopted all of them. Don't know IF you can pull up his show, but it was well worth watching...............

/

Oh I do believe in such things. Like when LE was closing in on Scott Peterson, and the bodies were found on the shoreline where he went fishing/golfing.

I believe there's timing in ALL things. I also believe in Karma. You cannot go unpunished on this earth (or heaven) should you choose to do cowardly acts...such as kill your wife(s).

If my instincts are right, I expect the blue barrell to follow shortly (if it hasn't already).

Now we'l have to wait it out if it's Lisa Steibic vs. Stacy Peterson.

All the best,

Melanie

If this is Stacy and DP wasn't already in jail, I wonder if he would have fled. :waitasec:

From JVM (Jane Valez Mitchell) show someone just mentioned that the blue barrel found does not match TMorphey's description of the container he helped DP move.

Who's to say that DP ultimately didn't use a container or a blue barrel? Maybe the container was just to transport away from the home. I mean ya gotta get a body out of the home in some way. With all the blue barrels sighted maybe the blue barrel is just a red herring.

Very true. I have always wondered about him using TM anyway. TM would be a weak link for him. He wouldn't and didn't hold up. So blue barrel, storage area could be the ways that DrewP wanted the investigation pointed. Meanwhile he was doing something else. That whole "sit down here and don't pick up the phone" deal smelled like a set up to me. Yes, he wanted to get the cell pings showing Stacey's phone in that area. But he could have done that without TM, and IMO done it safer and easier.

Am I remembering wrong, but didn't they get some type of plastic shavings off one of the vehicles? But it was a different vehicle than the one the cadaver dog hit on? So was the plastic barrel a diversion?

Still not using a barrel conflicts in my mind with the fact that so much of the remains were found in one area. If the body was put into the river without a container of some type, those remains would have been dropping all over the place. Not just the head and extremities, but spine, ribs and everything else.

was just looking at the Stevenson (I55) bridge looking towards where the remains were found. Notice how a vehicle, especially an SUV could just back right up and a container could just be pushed out over the edge of the bridge - easy peasy lemon squeezey!

click this link then click the yellow guy above the + and - buttons to view street level.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...PqpBdHsYuz83PLkKl8h37w&cbp=12,269.35,,0,11.08

Nifty Neato! It looks very possible as the barrel would be in the bed of a truck, right? A long drop down, and I would worry about the force of the plastic {I think} barrel hitting water and it would be a huge impact, maybe splitting the barrel open or knocking the top off.

They have to wear bindings, which is tricky, if they have silicone implants which are heavier than water '{ Think I'm getting rummy LOL

Holy smoke, that never even occured to me! A little extra floatation device, eh?

My feeling is it's one of our two gals. If one of my child's classmates or someone thereabout that age had gone missing recently I'd know - and these bones are supposedly on the female petite size. I usually remember suicides too, oddly enough. What with all the brouhaha over the Fox case (oh man, don't ask me) if there was anybody from around here missing other than Lisa or Stacy we'd know, and they'd be mentioning them. I know we are south of Chicago and these are bigger towns, but there's still a lot of 'sticks' here also. Farm communities never die - you know everybody and everybody knows you, or you know their second cousin twice removed thru marriage.

I'm still proud of being from the great state of Illinois. At least we put our crooked guvs behind bars. When we catch them.

Very true. I have always wondered about him using TM anyway. TM would be a weak link for him. He wouldn't and didn't hold up. So blue barrel, storage area could be the ways that DrewP wanted the investigation pointed. Meanwhile he was doing something else. That whole "sit down here and don't pick up the phone" deal smelled like a set up to me. Yes, he wanted to get the cell pings showing Stacey's phone in that area. But he could have done that without TM, and IMO done it safer and easier.

Am I remembering wrong, but didn't they get some type of plastic shavings off one of the vehicles? But it was a different vehicle than the one the cadaver dog hit on? So was the plastic barrel a diversion?

Still not using a barrel conflicts in my mind with the fact that so much of the remains were found in one area. If the body was put into the river without a container of some type, those remains would have been dropping all over the place. Not just the head and extremities, but spine, ribs and everything else.

I just saw a clip on Jane's show where TM said Drew told him she wouldn't smell as she was in a sealed container. Did anyone else hear that?

Im embarrassed to be from Illinois.

Born in Chicago

raised in Oswego and Yorkville

Plainfield was in our Little Seven Conference

Ive heard that area is really really changed...

Ya cant go home again...nor do I want to anymore

Nice rep that whole state has lately :eek:

Plainfield is actually a very nice area. Not the farmland it used to be, but very upscale homes.

I am proud to be from Illinois, just wish it didn't get so damn cold in the winter. LOL

Is anyone else totally incensed by this defense attorney on JVM? I'm so sick of these smug, condescending, shady defense attorneys! Oh, please! "I'm confident my client is not connected to this the death of Stacey. Nothing that's been released is evidence. Her supposed statements to others about Drew killing her are hearsay and will not be admitted into evidence."
Really, you moron? So what? Just because something is not admitted into evidence does not mean it didn't happen and the inadmissibility of evidence does not show your client is innocent! Whether or not this evidence is admissible or not matters little as to the ultimate truth of who did this! ACK! He drives me batty! His nasally weird voice as he tries to school other panel members, including other attorneys! Don't these guys know how bad this makes them look? Don't they know it just makes them look like they have no other way to show their client is innocent? Like I've said many times before, people tend to pick attorneys who most approximate their own ethical and moral standards and who most match in personality. Go figure!

Here's another, "A warm barrel, well that warmth could be anything." Again, really? Okay, so when the guy makes statements to his brother in law about killing someone, when Stacey goes missing, supposedly abandoning the babies she adored for some guy who no one knows, when the missing person made statements before, about her fear of the suspect, who is also a POI in another wife's death, etc., etc., I think that pretty much narrows down what the warmth emanating from a heavy barrel the suspect suddenly wants to get rid of, means. Please!
ETA: Sorry for the rant! I'm getting sick of all this horror!

Is anyone else totally incensed by this defense attorney on JVM? I'm so sick of these smug, condescending, shady defense attorneys! Oh, please! "I'm confident my client is not connected to this the death of Stacey. Nothing that's been released is evidence. Her supposed statements to others about Drew killing her are hearsay and will not be admitted into evidence."
Really, you moron? So what? Just because something is not admitted into evidence does not mean it didn't happen and the inadmissibility of evidence does not show your client is innocent! Whether or not this evidence is admissible or not matters little as to the ultimate truth of who did this! ACK! He drives me batty! His nasally weird voice as he tries to school other panel members, including other attorneys! Don't these guys know how bad this makes them look? Don't they know it just makes them look like they have no other way to show their client is innocent? Like I've said many times before, people tend to pick attorneys who most approximate their own ethical and moral standards and who most match in personality. Go figure!

Have you ever heard it said that God loves defense attorneys? Well, she said that somebody has to love them.

Keep telling yourself that what they say is not evidence either. They are not the court and they cannot make the decision as to what can get into the courtroom and what cannot. That is the judges job. They also cannot bring judgement against their client, luckily. That is the jury's job. But they are trying to convince one person, just one person who will eventually end up on that jury that maybe, just maybe there is just a little bit of reasonable doubt. Just enough to prevent them from voting guilty.

Some attorney's are real low key. They will keep to themselves, talk with media only briefly, they work with their client, they cooperate with the judge, they are polite, and are still good advocates for their client. Then there are the others. The others are called entertainment.

To play devil's advocate briefly, that's their job. They are supposed to do stuff like this....even if their client is guilty. Make them look good, do whatever it takes to make sure that prosecuters and juries don't get their hands on evidence that could show guilt or innocense, to keep their childent out of jail. TO talk their client up and make them look great. They have to do whatever it takes to get the word out that their client is a good person before a jury is selected. Yeah dosn't make sense to me either but, that's their role. I despise how he made the comments about TM to, of course, make HIM look like the nutcase. That's his job though. If you're innocent, you need a good lawyer, if you're guility you need a lawyer like this one. Hopefully any jury can see through the stupidity.

I thought I just heard on JVM that (it was just released) the barrel is not related ? Anyone else hear this ?

While it's reprehensible it's their job. What do you want them to say? "Yeah this is probably Stacy. Drew told me this is where he dumped the body."

Not gonna happen and if you need a DA you will want them to do those things.

Other than common sense assumption there is no evidence proving she's dead or that he had any involvement in her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998