GUILTY FL - Michael Brewer, 15, set ablaze by classmates, Deerfield Beach, 12 Oct 2009

Thanks for the updates Kiki

as you all can see...in South Florida the fundraising is done by the media orgs...
cause we have simply had too many crazy cases (like the Bush lady and her daughter,
the mother had Munchausen by Proxy....that was a huge bust)

maybe the neighbors for neighbors did not want to "furnish" a house for 50k>>>? that sounds odd...the money raised by them is supposed to be for Michael's care..which will be a lifetime of care really

Maybe he is staying with family in other part of the state or maybe they have rented a house somewhere outside of Deerfield Beach or ?? They must be fairly near to the Burn Center IMHO

This is such a horrible and ongoing story...Michael really seems to be a fighter :)

I so hope he is with loving relatives and able to feel safe. What a gorgeous boy! I'm so glad his face wasn't burned!

Yes, Michael is very handsome and it is a real blessing that his face was not burned

New article today...they had pics of him on tv again tonight too...he tells his story ..

and it is so horrifying..this poor kid....the kid who did this was trying to force him to buy a stolen video game, and other kids back that up....poor Michael here is Michael's own story>> and new picture of him too

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br.../fl-brewer-interview-20100111,0,3311344.story

A 13-year-old arrested after a South Florida boy was doused with an accelerant and burned won't face criminal charges.

Jeremy Jarvis was the youngest of five arrested for the alleged attack on Michael Brewer in October.

Sheriff's deputies recommended charges of aggravated battery because Jarvis watched the attack but did nothing to stop it.

Prosecutors said Tuesday there wasn't enough evidence to pursue the charges. They also haven't yet filed charges against a 16-year-old arrested on the same allegation. The state has more time because he is old enough to be tried as an adult.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22224309/detail.html

:parrot:

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND how ANY of these little monsters responsible for this won't face prosecution, Unbelievable. :furious:
I'm happy to hear, though, that Michael is home w his family and recovering. I hope that he can go on to lead a normal, productive, happy life. What a fighter!

Michael Brewer Surprises Seniors at Bake Sale
Burned teen still struggling with physical therapy

<snip>

The seniors at Independence Hall Retirement Community baked cookies and other tasty goodies in hopes of raising a little cash to help a teen who had nearly been burned alive.

They didn't expect they might actually get a chance to feed the boy's sweet tooth in person.

But that's what happened Wednesday when Michael Brewer showed up to say thank you to the group in person, his first public appearance since being set on fire by schoolmates last year.

Brewer, who has been in intense physical therapy trying to recover from his injuries, attended the bake sale in Wilton Manors with his mother and father.

more here

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Burned-Teen-Speaks-at-Bake-Sale-84039587.html

Michael has an amazing spirit!!

Michael looks amazing!!! I know his hands weren’t burned, but his arms look like they have healed a lot. Just simply amazing; I’m so thankful. I want to give Michael a hug and tell him how strong and brave he is. He is how I would describe a true hero to be.

Throughout this ordeal, this young man has shown so much courage. Now, he's also shown that he has compassion, gratitude, and so many other good characteristics. To think that even though I'm sure he's still in pain, he wanted to let these seniors know he was aware and grateful for what they were doing for him. I bet he has a slew of new grandmas and grandpas right now.

Throughout this ordeal, this young man has shown so much courage. Now, he's also shown that he has compassion, gratitude, and so many other good characteristics. To think that even though I'm sure he's still in pain, he wanted to let these seniors know he was aware and grateful for what they were doing for him. I bet he has a slew of new grandmas and grandpas right now.
Well said, thank you, lizzybeth.

Michael Brewer Surprises Seniors at Bake Sale
Burned teen still struggling with physical therapy
<snip>

Brewer, who has been in intense physical therapy trying to recover from his injuries, attended the bake sale in Wilton Manors with his mother and father.

more here

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Burned-Teen-Speaks-at-Bake-Sale-84039587.html

Michael has an amazing spirit!!

Thank you for keeping this thread going; not a day goes by that I don't think of Mikey and keep him in my prayers.

The therapy this boy is going through is agonizing. I pray he comes out mentally and physically strong enough to take on the world and fulfill his destiny. His life was spared, God must have big plans for him.

Grandmother of burned teen offers glimpse into family's life
The grandmother of Michael Brewer reflects on the incidents that almost claimed the lives of her son and grandson.

Michael Brewer lay in a coma in a South Florida hospital. His mother watched over him daily, praying for his recovery while trying to project an image of strength for her family.

It was the early 1980s, and just as his son and namesake would do more than 25 years later, Michael Brewer survived the incident that nearly claimed his life.

Reenie Brewer, in an interview last week, recalled her teenage son's brush with death after he was struck by a car on U.S. 1 in Pompano Beach. It was one of the reasons she was confident early on that his teen son would pull through after he was set on fire during a confrontation with schoolmates in a Deerfield Beach parking lot five months ago.

``It was a major déjà vu,'' she said. ``It almost knocked me out the first night.''

The family received good news Friday. The teenager was told by doctors, ``We don't want to see you for another six months,'' a spokeswoman for the family said Friday.

(snip)

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/14/1528440/grandmother-of-burned-teen-offers.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20000975-504083.html

New pictures of the remarkable progress Michael B has made.

The 15-year-old's grandmother released new photos of the teen at a family picnic Sunday, to CBS affiliate WFOR. In the pictures, a smiling Michael is wearing a baseball glove, his blue burn suit visible under his t-shirt.

BrewerPicnic2%5B1%5D_370x278.jpg
Michael Brewer (CBS/WFOR)

In Oct. 2009, Michael was allegedly doused in rubbing alcohol and set on fire by classmates. Fifteen-year-old Jeremy Jarvis, Matthew Bent, also 15, and Jesus Mendez, 16, have all been charged as adults with attempted second degree murder in the attack.

I am so thankful for his progress. This was such a horrendous act which is very difficult for me to talk about.

God Bless you Michael.

I am so thankful for his progress. This was such a horrendous act which is very difficult for me to talk about.

God Bless you Michael.

I agree. Its a miracle that he is alive, let alone making the progress that he has!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20000975-504083.html

New pictures of the remarkable progress Michael B has made.

The 15-year-old's grandmother released new photos of the teen at a family picnic Sunday, to CBS affiliate WFOR. In the pictures, a smiling Michael is wearing a baseball glove, his blue burn suit visible under his t-shirt.

BrewerPicnic2%5B1%5D_370x278.jpg
Michael Brewer (CBS/WFOR)

In Oct. 2009, Michael was allegedly doused in rubbing alcohol and set on fire by classmates. Fifteen-year-old Jeremy Jarvis, Matthew Bent, also 15, and Jesus Mendez, 16, have all been charged as adults with attempted second degree murder in the attack.
Thank you for posting this photo of Michael. He looks great and I'm so glad to hear he is doing well every day!!!
icon7.gif
What an inspiring young man...a miracle.

Teen set on fire returning to school

Reported by: Associated Press
Last Update: 2:55 pm

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL -- A South Florida teenager who was doused with an accelerant and set on fire last year says he is going back to school.

Michael Brewer said on Tuesday on the "Today" show that he feels great and that he misses school. He is set to return to school on Wednesday. Family members did not say which school he would be attending.

more here

http://www.abcactionnews.com/conten...to-school/dDef8YvidEyEzypyfoBBAg.cspx?rss=794

Well well well - seems lil bro can't keep his hands clean!!! Where is momma? Thought that they were all good boys and he was gonna turn his life around?

Boy, 13, former suspect in Michael Brewer burning, faces burglary charge
By Rafael A. Olmeda, Sun Sentinel

10:24 a.m. EDT, June 16, 2010

FORT LAUDERDALE Jeremy Jarvis, the youngest suspect arrested &#8211; but never charged &#8211; in last year's burning of teenager Michael Brewer, was in juvenile court Wednesday morning to face a burglary.

The Broward Sheriff's Office says Jarvis, 13, was arrested Tuesday in connection with a burglary that took place in Pompano Beach on May 24. The victim told detectives that Jarvis and another teenager broke into his house to steal a Nintendo Wii system valued at $200, according to a juvenile arrest report.

Jarvis and the other suspect were caught on a video camera hooked up to the victim's computer with a motion detector, according to the report.

Broward Circuit Judge Michael Orlando placed Jarvis under house arrest and set a court date of July 13, when prosecutors are expected to decide what charges to file.

Jarvis' brother, Denver, and two other teenagers are charged with attempted murder for allegedly setting Brewer on fire in a Deerfield Beach parking lot last October.

**more at link**

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-jeremy-jarvis-20100616,0,2113314.story

SEE! Guess he just can't stand to be away from his big brother. Welcome to South FloriDUH!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back