IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's exactly what I said.. Tho we do not know who it is for certain on that particular video of the alley IMO I believe that it is not JW.. Don't see anyone stating that it is JW..

We do not know JW was not in any of the areas LS was.. LE is not saying.. What they did say when asked I snipped and have posted below from an 18 min press conference:
- Boyfriend...has talked to him... cooperative so far and CERTAINLY a person of interest. Doesn't want to get into specificis of if he saw Lauren that night.

18minutes uncut press conference video:
http://www.theindychannel.com/video/28197690/index.html

Missing IU student Lauren Spierer: Day-by-day timeline-
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/07/03/news.qp-1931501.sto
Excerpt-
Day 1
2:51 a.m. Security cameras mounted to apartments in the area show Spierer leave the alley toward an empty lot, north of 10th & College Village. Police confirm Spierer’s keys and purse were later found along this route through the alley.

Spierer visits the apartment complex on the southeast corner of 11th and Morton, called 5 North Townhomes, where Rossman lives.

Rossman’s roommate, Mike Beth, also has hired an attorney, Ron Chapman, who says Beth was at the townhome writing two papers when Spierer visited. Neither roommate was the last to see Spierer — Chapman says that person was IU student Jason “Jay” Rosenbaum, who lives two doors down from Rossman and Beth.

quote from your link...
2:30 a.m. Spierer and Rossman enter the front doors of Smallwood Plaza together but do not go to Spierer’s fifth-floor apartment. Rossman says he was injured in an altercation at Smallwood and remembers nothing about the event, according to his attorney, Carl Salzmann. ...end ofquote.

Rossman was injured in an altercation at small-wood. But remembers nothing about it.??.....If he does-not remember anything about the altercation. How does he remember he was hurt in a altercation at smallwood??

Is it known for a fact.
Without a doubt.
That he was involved in an altercation with someone other then Lauren?
Do we know this with video, or testimony from someone whom actually seen this so called altercation.
If this has been answered i apologize for asking again. I have not read all the threads and postings on this case.

Also from your link...
2:48 a.m. Spierer enters the alley that runs north/south between 10th & College Apartments and 10th & College Village. This alley is between College Avenue and Morton Street. Police report she did not pass through this alley alone. ...End of quote.
I would say, without knowing for sure.
That would be Rossman.

2:51 a.m. Security cameras mounted to apartments in the area show Spierer leave the alley toward an empty lot, north of 10th & College Village. Police confirm Spierer’s keys and purse were later found along this route through the alley.
Spierer visits the apartment complex on the southeast corner of 11th and Morton, called 5 North Townhomes, where Rossman lives.
Rossman’s roommate, Mike Beth, also has hired an attorney, Ron Chapman, who says Beth was at the townhome writing two papers when Spierer visited. Neither roommate was the last to see Spierer — Chapman says that person was IU student Jason “Jay” Rosenbaum, who lives two doors down from Rossman and Beth.
4:30 a.m. Rosenbaum reports last seeing Spierer at the intersection of 11th Street and College Avenue, headed south on College.

Found her keys and purse along this route.

When she left the bar, without her shoes and cellphone.
Has LE released if she had her purse on her person when she returned to the smallwood for a few minutes.
DID they see her with her purse inside the smallwood, before she exited and started to walk down the alley????
I really want to know, if she had her purse with her after she returned to the smallwood after the bar!

I am not 100 percent satisfied, that after leaving the alley and heading towards an empty lot that she made it to the apartments.
I believe the disappearance occured somewhere around that time. After she left the alley and heading towards the empty lot.
Unless of course there is video showing her actually being at those apartments after leaving the alley.

click photos to advance (10 photos)
spe_sm_missing_0703.jpg

Thursday, June 9
A dive team searches the waters again, following an anonymous and specific tip.
Police report they do not have suspects, but “persons of interest” in the case. Police do not release names or elaborate on how many people have been given polygraph tests.
Police stress that Spierer was not involved in an altercation at Smallwood Plaza that night.

Quote...

Police stress that Spierer was not involved in an altercation at Smallwood Plaza that night....End of quote.
I take that as meaning there's no evidence from the video that shows Spiere or anyone for that matter was seen having an altercation with anyone at the small-wood?

Smallwood gives police almost 400 pages of data showing a 48-hour period of time and an estimated 4,000 different card swipes in and out of the apartment building, representing the 24-hours before and 24-hours after Spierer’s disappearance.
Only LE would know I am guessing...
She leaves the bar without shoes or cellphone.
arrives at smallwood, and SWIPES her card to get inside?
So one would presumed i guess she had her purse?
Without confirmation from LE. We don't know correct?

Friday, June 17
Bloomington attorney Ron Chapman confirms that one of his clients, IU student and Smallwood resident David Rohn, socialized with Spierer shortly before her disappearance and has spoken with police. He says Rohn received a phone call from an unknown number at 4:15 a.m. the morning Spierer disappeared. Chapman also confirms that Rohn is acquainted with Spierer, Rossman and Beth, who all were among a “large group” that attended the Indianapolis 500 together in May.
Quote... IU student and Smallwood resident David Rohn, socialized with Spierer shortly before her disappearance and has spoken with police. He says Rohn received a phone call from an unknown number at 4:15 a.m. the morning Spierer disappeared...End of quote.
Two weeks later he mentions through attorney, he socialized with spierer shortly before her disappearance?
After the release of video, showing her enter and leave the apartment he also lived in. He comes forward to mention he had chatted with her.
Is this because in-case he was seen on video doing so. He wanted them to know he had chatted with her shortly before her disappearance?
If he would have said no, he had no communication with her, or even seen her. and later LE told him they have him on video interacting with her before her disappearance, he would have a hard time to explain that?.........Or he could have said, he did-not have any memory of engaging with her shortly before her disappearance.

Wednesday, June 22
Quote...Qualters addresses a report of a “mystery man” seen with Spierer about 3:38 a.m. June 3 in the area of 10th and College. Qualters says investigators have reviewed video evidence that does not support that either Spierer or anyone unknown to police was in that area at that time...End of quote.
I believe that. The evidence does not support that either spierer or anyone unknown to police was in that area at the time.
I am not believing in a stranger abduction at that place around that time.

I am sure they did.
But i see from photos that there are local storage places around where she disappeard from. Did they search or run the dogs around those storage buildings.

I believe between the time she was seen leaving the alley and two hours or so afterwards is when she was taken. the 430am siting i believe was when everything was over and done with. The 430am siting i believe was to through LE off. and was giving because at 430am everything was finished.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART.
NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACT. UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

Very excellent point. So, two scenarios:

1) She's supposed to come over to his place after the bar, around 2:30. She doesn't show up, so he...goes to sleep? Why? Wouldn't you expect he'd go try to find her at that point?

2) He's supposed to go over to her place after the bar, around 2:30. So he leaves his house and walks over to that area.

Which seems more likely?

People always make sort of vague plans that might or might not happen

If #2 is correct, then actually finds her and is angry enough to kill her but does so without leaving any sort of crime scene then leaves her body there, exposed, to get his car, not leaving any damning evidence in the car, and dispose of the body (and hides it well)? That's a lot of assumptions.

If you have some information, why don't you write a story or better yet, talk with the police? You have alluded to know who was in the alley; write about that.

Never know what some may now or be looking into sometimes it falls of deaf ears here in B-town:maddening:

quote from your link...
2:30 a.m. Spierer and Rossman enter the front doors of Smallwood Plaza together but do not go to Spierer’s fifth-floor apartment. Rossman says he was injured in an altercation at Smallwood and remembers nothing about the event, according to his attorney, Carl Salzmann. ...end ofquote.

Rossman was injured in an altercation at small-wood. But remembers nothing about it.??.....If he does-not remember anything about the altercation. How does he remember he was hurt in a altercation at smallwood??

Is it known for a fact.
Without a doubt.
That he was involved in an altercation with someone other then Lauren?
Do we know this with video, or testimony from someone whom actually seen this so called altercation.
If this has been answered i apologize for asking again. I have not read all the threads and postings on this case.

Also from your link...
2:48 a.m. Spierer enters the alley that runs north/south between 10th & College Apartments and 10th & College Village. This alley is between College Avenue and Morton Street. Police report she did not pass through this alley alone. ...End of quote.
I would say, without knowing for sure.
That would be Rossman.

4:30 a.m. Rosenbaum reports last seeing Spierer at the intersection of 11th Street and College Avenue, headed south on College.

Found her keys and purse along this route.

When she left the bar, without her shoes and cellphone.
Has LE released if she had her purse on her person when she returned to the smallwood for a few minutes.
DID they see her with her purse inside the smallwood, before she exited and started to walk down the alley????
I really want to know, if she had her purse with her after she returned to the smallwood after the bar!

I am not 100 percent satisfied, that after leaving the alley and heading towards an empty lot that she made it to the apartments.
I believe the disappearance occured somewhere around that time. After she left the alley and heading towards the empty lot.
Unless of course there is video showing her actually being at those apartments after leaving the alley.

click photos to advance (10 photos)
spe_sm_missing_0703.jpg

Thursday, June 9
A dive team searches the waters again, following an anonymous and specific tip.
Police report they do not have suspects, but “persons of interest” in the case. Police do not release names or elaborate on how many people have been given polygraph tests.
Police stress that Spierer was not involved in an altercation at Smallwood Plaza that night.

Quote...

Police stress that Spierer was not involved in an altercation at Smallwood Plaza that night....End of quote.
I take that as meaning there's no evidence from the video that shows Spiere or anyone for that matter was seen having an altercation with anyone at the small-wood?

Smallwood gives police almost 400 pages of data showing a 48-hour period of time and an estimated 4,000 different card swipes in and out of the apartment building, representing the 24-hours before and 24-hours after Spierer’s disappearance.
Only LE would know I am guessing...
She leaves the bar without shoes or cellphone.
arrives at smallwood, and SWIPES her card to get inside?
So one would presumed i guess she had her purse?
Without confirmation from LE. We don't know correct?

Friday, June 17
Bloomington attorney Ron Chapman confirms that one of his clients, IU student and Smallwood resident David Rohn, socialized with Spierer shortly before her disappearance and has spoken with police. He says Rohn received a phone call from an unknown number at 4:15 a.m. the morning Spierer disappeared. Chapman also confirms that Rohn is acquainted with Spierer, Rossman and Beth, who all were among a “large group” that attended the Indianapolis 500 together in May.
Quote... IU student and Smallwood resident David Rohn, socialized with Spierer shortly before her disappearance and has spoken with police. He says Rohn received a phone call from an unknown number at 4:15 a.m. the morning Spierer disappeared...End of quote.
Two weeks later he mentions through attorney, he socialized with spierer shortly before her disappearance?
After the release of video, showing her enter and leave the apartment he also lived in. He comes forward to mention he had chatted with her.
Is this because in-case he was seen on video doing so. He wanted them to know he had chatted with her shortly before her disappearance?
If he would have said no, he had no communication with her, or even seen her. and later LE told him they have him on video interacting with her before her disappearance, he would have a hard time to explain that?.........Or he could have said, he did-not have any memory of engaging with her shortly before her disappearance.

Wednesday, June 22
Quote...Qualters addresses a report of a “mystery man” seen with Spierer about 3:38 a.m. June 3 in the area of 10th and College. Qualters says investigators have reviewed video evidence that does not support that either Spierer or anyone unknown to police was in that area at that time...End of quote.
I believe that. The evidence does not support that either spierer or anyone unknown to police was in that area at the time.
I am not believing in a stranger abduction at that place around that time.

BPD said the purse belonged to a un-related homicide was not Laurens

Can you supply a link to that statement?
The keys that were found by the railing was hers.
But the purse found belonged to someone else?
A unrelated homicide?
I would like to read that for myself.

Either her purse is still missing or it is not.
Which is it?

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/07/03/news.qp-1931501.sto

Are you saying the above is not true?

I'm just saying, if she didn't answer her cell, it would be probably overly possessive for him to come track her down at the bar.

Yeah, being concerned the following day is normal, especially after he finds out that no one has heard from her or seen her all day.

My hunch is that JW had nothing to do with her disappearance. But of course, I have been known to be wrong a time or two. I just don't see anything weird or concerning in their relationship that leads me to believe that he did something to her. I think she hung out with the wrong group of people on the wrong night.

I agree with you. I can't see JW being involved in her disappearance.

And as far as the change in plans....it's just the way kids in that age group live. Plans change,and change again, all in about 5 minutes. I don't see anything strange or suspicious about that. My own college kids do that all the time. People are added and subtracted, destinations and times change, or they shut the whole thing down and stay home on a whim to watch a movie.
Unfortunately, Lauren decided that she wanted to go out, and it proved to be a terrible choice.

Is it common knowledge among the kids who live in the area what time the dumpsters are emptied each week? Not the garbage pick-up provided by the City of Bloomington, but the commercial dumpsters? Is that something those kids would even pay attention to?

I believe her purse and keys may have been one unit-- not a "purse" in the traditional sense. Some accounts call it. A coin purse. Her keys would have been for her car I presume her apt door required swipe card. That nite she would have needed "purse" to contain fakeID, debit card, and another photo ID.

Police has LS purse, it was found along her route's to CR's. The unrelated homicide victim purse was found by volunteers in a park.

I agree with you. I can't see JW being involved in her disappearance.

And as far as the change in plans....it's just the way kids in that age group live. Plans change,and change again, all in about 5 minutes. I don't see anything strange or suspicious about that. My own college kids do that all the time. People are added and subtracted, destinations and times change, or they shut the whole thing down and stay home on a whim to watch a movie.
Unfortunately, Lauren decided that she wanted to go out, and it proved to be a terrible choice.

Is it common knowledge among the kids who live in the area what time the dumpsters are emptied each week? Not the garbage pick-up provided by the City of Bloomington, but the commercial dumpsters? Is that something those kids would even pay attention to?

My opinion is that the college kids have no idea what days the garbage gets picked up, except maybe the trash at their own building (if that even).

I've worked at my job for two years, and I still couldn't tell you the day they come to empty the dumpster. It's just not something I pay attention to.

Very excellent point. So, two scenarios:

1) She's supposed to come over to his place after the bar, around 2:30. She doesn't show up, so he...goes to sleep? Why? Wouldn't you expect he'd go try to find her at that point?

2) He's supposed to go over to her place after the bar, around 2:30. So he leaves his house and walks over to that area.

Which seems more likely?

If I remember correctly it was reported (perhaps inaccurately?) that JW said he "fell asleep" after the game. There are a lot of reasons why someone might fall asleep; Perhaps he got only 2 hrs sleep the previous 2 nights in a row studying for finals? Perhaps he is more of a pot head and took a bong hit and that knocked him out. Maybe took a hot shower and that made him drowsy. He could have just been tired.

LE should know how many times JW and LS communicated and if they texted they should know the conversations. I know HT's statements are the ones that portrayed this "relationship" as JW making LS his "everything". Unfortunately with all of the "friends" LS had, including the ladies that reported her missing, we don't hear about their account of LS's relationship with JW. We don't hear statements from JW's frat bros or friends about their view of the relationship. In that atmosphere relationships can turn on a dime and be totally misperceived by others, or even one of the people in the relationship. We don't hear statements from CR/MB/JR and their associates of how great this relationship was. We don't know if LS was flirty or not. We don't know if any females were present at CR/MB's or JR's (assuming she made it to either location after the Alley). It would seem really odd to me that here you have a very attractive woman who likes to drink and possibly more... around some healthy males (who are not confirmed to be homosexual) who also drink and possibly do other things.... that they would not make a pass at her? Just my intuition here, but perhaps she wasn't getting enough attention from JW and enjoyed the attention from others. (not that she had cheating in mind - if her relationship with JW were mutually agreed to be exclusive, I've seen nothing that said it was other than what is implied by HT's characterization) I don't find it unusual at all that a woman even in an exclusive relationship who likes to drink and hang out with men, gets a bit of an ego boost and thrill by the sexual tension that should naturally exist.

So my point here is that between whatever substances she may have ingested beyond alcohol or just the alcohol alone... she could have gotten caught up in enjoying the moment and started losing track of time. I did find it strange that she would leave her phone. Some people leave things behind a lot. I've not seen anything that shows if she habitually did such things or not. So this may have been very unusual(making it suspect) or it may have been typical. If it was still undecided if JW would come to her, or she would go to him, this may have just gone on for so long that JW fell asleep... and once separated from her phone she lost contact with him and track of time. I do think she had her keys at Smallwood because she got past the first set of doors and was on the 5th floor, right? Cams may have captured her purse, even though it was small? I would be curious if it were in her hand in the videos vs. in her pocket, or CR's hand, etc... She should have had it out in the open at Smallwood. It also is not clear whether or not she made it into her apt or not before CR ran into the altercation with the mysterious combination of people who confronted him. They may have been to the apt and were leaving again, or they may have stopped at her apt after the altercation and then left. There was talk of "inappropriate attention" early on. I'm afraid I never understood what that was supposed to mean and from whose perspective.

Let's assume for a moment that CR is heterosexual and was turned on by LS, a tricky sort of dude might manipulate things a bit to wind up with her.
For example he may have known she was to meet JW and purposefully separated LS from her phone without her knowledge. His reason for doing that could have been to simply spend more time with her, or maybe take it a few steps further. JW at the same time, may have learned not to bark up the possessive bf tree and when he couldn't reach her at 2ish... just let it go. LS may have thought that JW was already at her place and went to check.... and CR may have been hoping he was not there. On the other hand... doesn't CR have a phone? Couldn't they use that to call him? I wonder what CR's calling and texting activity was like that night...
Maybe he left his phone at his apt? My thinking is that CR may have been punched perhaps because he has a way of winding up with girls that maybe some of these other guys like.... not LS necessarily... just that they see his behavior and don't like his back door approach.

If that's anywhere approximating what happened up to that point, I could see how LE would strongly suspect CR, even though JR said he was the last to see her. Seems to me that LE checked his car and wanted his DNA first.
Seems CR's reputation (beyond public intoxication) led to some speculation.
I wonder if other women who wound up with CR felt it happened under circumstances where they felt tricked... At that age (and some never quit) a lot of guys are scamming for sex, and there are whole blog societies built around it. So, it's very plausible that CR or for that matter, DR, JR etc.... would have a similar motive to have sex with her.

So, those motives, combined with possible illicit drugs are things people might not readily admit, and might help induce amnesia.

For a number of reasons i have been convinced that JR is lying. Just not sure WHY he is lying. I don't believe that LS walked down 11th and turned on N. College at 4:15 to 4:30 am. I think if she were to go back to smallwood it would be back the way that she typically walked... through the Alley. After seeing btowns photos, the maps, and for other reasons, I think her perception of safety and familiarity would be to go back to Smallwood via the Alley. This is one reason I think JR is lying... because he didn't know her patterns and just assumed she would go down N. College.

I'm not convinced that CR and LS were so drunk from the 1 hr they spent at Kilroy's that they were falling down and passing out. There should be enough cam footage and witnesses before LS disappeared to gauge how sober they were. So to take this CR scam idea a litter further... let's say he purposefully ditched her purse as they exited the Alley. This way... if he gets her back to his place... she may have more of a reason to stay. Perhaps this scenario started to get her attention... CR is needing to be tucked in... and she has no purse, keys or phone... and she is being encouraged to stay... but doesn't want to. Why is MB motivated to keep her there if CR is passed out? Then the version with JR and partying comes out from MB later. So, is it possible that CR really wasn't passed out and came back out? What if MB had crashed by then and didn't know CR went back out? MB might not know if CR was there or not unless they were sleeping with each other. At some point MB goes to sleep and CR could have left. Someone is going to have to explain "partying" here.
MB said LS wanted to go "party" and that involved JR. Now JR may be taking the heat because he was involved in the supply chain of substances... but he may have not really even seen her at that point. For example... what if CR's scamming led to sex with LS but she died in the process?
Is it date rape if LS willingly took substances(perhaps supplied by JR either earlier or later that evening), then drank alcohol, then fell for CR's scams and wound up with him? If she died during sex, how could CR possibly explain all of this without looking like a murderer? He could then ask JR for help in covering his story because he may be linked via substances. MB may have been an unwitting cover because he may not have known that CR left again. This wouldn't explain everything, but I can see CR as a trickster who may have been responsible for helping LS lose her personal effects and possibly her clothing as well.

I just don't buy the phone call at 4:15 from JR's to DR was LS. If she were to call someone about her phone and purse why would she call DR?? If she wanted to see JW she would be calling HIM! The question would then be why would JR call DR at 4:15? If it really was LS that called DR at 4:15 about her phone, etc... then does that mean she thought she left it at HIS place? Did CR and LS stop at DR's when they were at smallwood earlier?
She may have thought she left everything there. I could see her stopping at DR's on the way to her apt to get her purse and phone if she thought it was there. But if these items were purposefully separated from her, then that person (CR) might have still been on the hunt. After all, even if he got out of bed, listened outside of JR's window and waited, then grabbed her on the way out he would not be able to remember any of it because he has amnesia...

We don't know when she lost her keys/purse. She could have lost them earlier at 12:30 when she went with DR to JR's. She could have lost them after she left Smallwood at 2:48. If she lost them after that, JR probably didn't watch her walk very far. JMO

I believe the keys/purse had to be lost after she left the bar, on her way to CR's (caught by 2:48-2:51 am alley cams). Because the bar shouldn't have let her in without an ID-so she couldn't have lost the purse/keys prior to going to the bar. The keys/purse were first seen prior to 3 am, so couldn't have been lost on her way back from JR's after 4:30 am.

People always make sort of vague plans that might or might not happen

If #2 is correct, then actually finds her and is angry enough to kill her but does so without leaving any sort of crime scene then leaves her body there, exposed, to get his car, not leaving any damning evidence in the car, and dispose of the body (and hides it well)? That's a lot of assumptions.

I am a little unsure on this, so pardon me if this has been established, but have ANY of the POI cars been thoroughly searched in this investigation?

It is a shame, but there is so little to really discuss re: this case, due to minimal actual (factual) info and various media reports...

I THINK they searched vehicles early on, but whose and how thoroughly? Did they take any in for forensic examinations? Did anyone refuse LE when asked to give evidence or allow searches? Why can't LE move past this group and has anyone at all been ruled out and they just aren't saying?

With all of the lawyers involved, I think it is safe to say we won't be hearing much at all, unless there is a major break in this case. Lauren's parents will probably speak out, but what can they say that they haven't already said?

As someone said a few days ago, hopefully with many people out and about recreating on the July 4 weekend, maybe something will come up. I was just thinking about Lower Cascades Park and got a really bad feeling. But I've never liked the area anyway because of its vibes.

It's not too near and not too far. It's dense, dark and easy to drive to fairly unnoticed.

Anyone close to the search team know how carefully this area was searched?

http://bloomington.in.gov/lower-cascades

I'm surprised that many (most?) people seem to make huge jumps between stranger/random abduction and close friends (old and new). Why does the pendulum swing so wildly?

I'm more curious about the "in-betweens": the people we may interact with on a daily (or weekly) basis. The faces we recognize, but perhaps can't put a name to. The "Other Lauren" case being mentioned comes to mind. Not really a friend-friend, but a neighbor and a fellow student.

The cliche, of course, is "the butler did it". I like to ask myself: Who are our modern-day butlers?
:think:

I've been thinking about this. The ones that come to mind for LS are:

* Smallwood apt. employee
* Fellow IU student or Ivy Tech student or employee (somewhat dependent on which session she enrolled in; Ivy Tech has had recent problems w/creepers)
* Employee of an eatery she may have frequented such as Starbucks or bagel shop
* Sports employee (ID checker probably knows her address)
* Car repairman
* Neighbor
* Someone from the gym

I've been thinking about this. The ones that come to mind for LS are:

* Smallwood apt. employee
* Fellow IU student or Ivy Tech student or employee (somewhat dependent on which session she enrolled in; Ivy Tech has had recent problems w/creepers)
* Employee of an eatery she may have frequented such as Starbucks or bagel shop
* Sports employee (ID checker probably knows her address)
* Car repairman
* Neighbor
* Someone from the gym

Any of these people would have had to have been waiting outside at 4-4:30AM, in hopes Lauren would come out, alone, and not decide to stay the night at JR's...and really, who would expect her to be walking home alone at that hour, if they had been tracking her all night? And to come across her by chance, it too much of a stretch for me...JMO

If a death is the result of an incident that wasn't intended to harm the person then there might not be much to be found at the crime scene (example: "Get away from me. You're drunk!" followed by a shove that leads to a stumble, fall, and head hitting a curb, pavement, etc..). A head injury doesn't have to include an open wound.
http://health.doctissimo.com/medical-encyclopedia/brain-spinal-cord-disorders/head-injuries.html

A crime scene where a strangulation took place might not leave much evidence at the scene. Most of the evidence would be on the victim in that case (without a witness or video of the event). If the person is weak or inebriated compared to the attacker then there could be little in the way of any wounds from a struggle on the attacker. And the area could be largely undisturbed or easily straightened up.

And of course if an OD took place, it didn't necessarily have to happen in the apartment building, in fact, AFAIK there is no independent confirmation she ever was in the apartments after Kilroy's anyway. So any bodily fluids could have easily went unnoticed outdoors.

LE might have a prime suspect in reality, and a theory of the case that works based on witness statements and video vs what some PsOI have said that LE knows doesn't fit. But what they don't have is a crime scene or body. It would be possible to move forward with a case without those things if there was only one potential suspect, but unless LE has been able to exclude a lot of people then there are several people who arguably could've had motive that a defense atty could use in defending his client and creating reasonable doubt. Plus, the defense atty will always have the random abduction theory to put in front of a jury too.

I believe the keys/purse had to be lost after she left the bar, on her way to CR's (caught by 2:48-2:51 am alley cams). Because the bar shouldn't have let her in without an ID-so she couldn't have lost the purse/keys prior to going to the bar. The keys/purse were first seen prior to 3 am, so couldn't have been lost on her way back from JR's after 4:30 am.

It's my understanding that fake ID's are generally only required of men. i know many attractive underage ladies get into bars with no questions asked.

It has to do with the economy of a bar, and particularly a college town bar.
The guys are more likely to go to bars and spend more MONEY if there are attractive women there. Want proof of that? Ever hear "Tuesday night is MAN'S night... all MEN get in free" The bars want to make money, to make more money they need attractive women there. It's as simple as that. once in a while towns make crackdowns (after something like this happens for example) but it eventually dies down and things go back to normal.

So, it could be a false assumption that she lost it on the way from Smallwood to CR's after the 2:48 video, it does however make more sense. i think the fact that she got into the bar and smallwood earlier should show that she had it then, and probably in the videos too. I would like to see confirmation of that. I do find it strange that she would lose it here after exiting the Alley. That just makes it seem like (or as someone suggested, wanted to make it seem like) something happened right there in the gravel lot. You don't just drop your purse with your keys, Id and money in it... she managed to keep that but lose the phone because it would seem the phone was out of pocket but the purse was in pocket. So how does it just fall out after exiting this Alley? I had hoped that the "activity" LE referred to would become public by now so we could fill in those pieces. Because the loss of the purse could indicate foul play if there as no playful activity captured where it may have been dislodged. It is the purse in this location which increases suspicion that something happened where she never made it to CR/MB's voluntarily, alive, etc... What if it got there later than 3:00am? That time is based on AA telling the truth. What if everyone is is telling the truth but AA is the liar? What if she did leave JR's at 4:15 and still had her purse? but instead of going down 11th and N. College what if she just went back towards her familar path of the gravel lot and the Alley? That would put her back into that area and if AA and/or others snatched her, as someone suggested the purse may have been placed there to perhaps point back at her earlier passing with CR (if that too were witness by AA) Someone with an apt near that Alley exit might often see these people go back and forth and know their pattern and the limits of the camera. This may or may not fit with the 3:38 witness... but surely slinging someone over your shoulder could dislodge a small purse that is attached or in their pocket. Perhaps AA had the time wrong? If he was innocent of any foul play perhaps he found it more like 4:30 instead of 3:am. How could he be so sure of what time it was? Are all of these people watching the clock if they are just out having a good time hanging with friends? The 3:38 witness has a good reason to note the exact time for what she saw. JR may not have recalled the exact time of the call to DR, but LE has records of the exact time, so they could remind him...
How can AA be so sure that it was 3:00am when he found the purse?
And did he report this voluntarily or did someone see him on video and come question him about it first? Does AA also have a lawyer?

I am a little unsure on this, so pardon me if this has been established, but have ANY of the POI cars been thoroughly searched in this investigation?

Most of the 10 persons of interest were part of a group was with Lauren Thursday night. Their apartments and cars were searched for evidence and they will undergo polygraph tests.
http://www.whas11.com/home/Police-P...time-in-case-of-Lauren-Spierer-123466739.html

We’ve had a lot of cooperation with the persons of interest. We've been interviewing everybody that was with her. They've cooperated fully with letting us search their places, their cars,' he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth