TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing about that jot sheet. Under the Southwestern Bell number is another number marked "CNA", with the same last 4 digits (linked). In landline terminology, CNA was "Customer Name and Address", confidential numbers that could be used to determine the owner of a phone exchange. These were only intended for internal telco use but phone phreaks sometimes found them by trial and error and posted lists of them on bulletin boards.

Phreaks and computer hackers were like pack rats for any kind of illicit data, so deceased children's info suitable for identity theft may have been passed around as well. Guides on how to do it certainly .

(snipped)
Phreaks and computer hackers were like pack rats for any kind of illicit data, so deceased children's info suitable for identity theft may have been passed around as well. Guides on how to do it certainly .

I was thinking along the same lines, that information on deceased children might have been passed around by those "in the know". Keep in mind that this was before the internet became popular, so it wasn't phreaks and hackers. But there were certain individuals that people could go to for fake id's and related "services". Teenagers often used them to obtain fake id's so they could purchase alcohol. I'm sure there was a deeper side to that business that would help an individual take on a new identity.

With this in mind, it means that she may have never been to the grave yard in Puyallup, WA and had no connection to BST's family.

On the photography trail, researching the address she used for her Idaho ID might lead you to one photography educator in town who was getting going in the mid eighties.

Which (free) service is preferable to try to find out the exact years someone lived somewhere? I am good with ancestry, but they are falling short with this address.

All MOO, of course

Good train of thought here. Generally you can find GIS data on property ownership, unfortunately it looks like Boise, ID and Ada county do not have their GIS data available online for free. They do have an email address where you can request information. http://www.adaweb.net/Assessor/LandRecords.aspx

magnum p.e said:
If she had not taken her own life no one would ever have known.

* Had she destroyed the contents of the lockbox, no one would ever had known! I don't understand why she didn't get rid of all her old ids. In the article it said there was shredded paper all over teh room.. you can't shred ids, I don't think, and just throwing them in a dumpster is out, but she could have went outside and buried them or torched them.

Good train of thought here. Generally you can find GIS data on property ownership, unfortunately it looks like Boise, ID and Ada county do not have their GIS data available online for free. They do have an email address where you can request information. http://www.adaweb.net/Assessor/LandRecords.aspx

This is the list I originally found...with BST the very last person

http://www.spokeo.com/reverse-addre...3704?addr_num=7101&match=1&sas5=t30#833172101

Just curious if she lived there alone, with someone, pre name change, or even at all!

Did she fake her "parents" birthdates on her passport application? She had to have done that... there's only mention of their age on the birth cert for BST. I guess that's why she wrote out that possible age timeline, huh?

Has it been confirmed that she had plastic surgery on her nose? I see a lot of people referencing it, but haven't seen anything confirming.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Before the ST publication the other day I was trying to locate the mentioned article on BST (through google); when I did that a pdf file came up but wouldn't "show" the document. The link is what set me off..because it was a link from the Seattle Times.
Does everyone remember the sentence "unmentioned/unidentified newspaper" is where the source came from? (according to the detective)
Yea, I think the Seattle Times originally posted BST's death on the front page the same week she passed. So either on microfiche or hard copy.
Do we dare say that she ALSO may have grown up or been near Wa. during this time?
Or maybe it popped up on her computer?
Why would she need access to the ST? or even a Subscription?
Just makes me wonder...

If they still have any of her personal effects, couldn't they get DNA? For instance, from a hair brush.

It looks like a guy named Glenn Barker owned the home in 1998

www.sos.idaho.gov/elect/finance/stwdcont.xls

He donated money to a Republican candidate.

Here is info from Idaho- same people owned it from 7-12-1969 to 2005... I wonder if she knew these people? Related? She might of had to get mail there to "prove" her address for her Idaho ID I wonder?

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:44 PM
To: Smith, Karen
Cc: Tina Winchester
Subject: RE: Parcel R9322150705

Glenn R. Barker Jr. and Phyllis M. Barker owned the property individually and through their trust, The Glenn and Phyllis Barker Trust from 7/12/1969 – 11/3/2005. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Have a wonderful day!

Thank You

Jessica Clark
Ada County Assessor
Land Records Technician
208-287-7262
208-287-7219 fax
jclark@adaweb.net

Here is info from Idaho- same people owned it from 7-12-1969 to 2005... I wonder if she knew these people? Related? She might of had to get mail there to "prove" her address for her Idaho ID I wonder?

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:44 PM
To: Smith, Karen
Cc: Tina Winchester
Subject: RE: Parcel R9322150705

Glenn R. Barker Jr. and Phyllis M. Barker owned the property individually and through their trust, The Glenn and Phyllis Barker Trust from 7/12/1969 – 11/3/2005. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Have a wonderful day!

Thank You

Jessica Clark
Ada County Assessor
Land Records Technician
208-287-7262
208-287-7219 fax
jclark@adaweb.net

Good work!!! Now if only google would turn up results on this guy and who he was besides a Republican. LOL

(snipped)
Yea, I think the Seattle Times originally posted BST's death on the front page the same week she passed. So either on microfiche or hard copy.
Do we dare say that she ALSO may have grown up or been near Wa. during this time?
Or maybe it popped up on her computer?
Why would she need access to the ST? or even a Subscription?
Just makes me wonder...
Remember this was 1988, most people did not have personal computers and if they did, they were not hooked up to the internet. The internet didn't really become accessible to the general public until the mid-1990's.

If they still have any of her personal effects, couldn't they get DNA? For instance, from a hair brush.
They have her DNA and it has been submitted into various databases. So far no match.

Here is info from Idaho- same people owned it from 7-12-1969 to 2005... I wonder if she knew these people? Related? She might of had to get mail there to "prove" her address for her Idaho ID I wonder? (snipped)
Thanks for getting this info kdsmith! Good job. I didn't live in Idaho, but back in the 1980's it was pretty easy to get a driver's license with just a copy of a birth certificate and taking a driving test. The bit about needing to prove your address didn't start in most of the country until after 9/11.

FYI .. the web chat regarding this case is on the Seattle Times blog is here

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/

It's at 2pm whatever time zone Seattle is in (I'm not from the US) :)

So how will a live chat work? Will they upload a streaming video? Skype? I have never watched one online...

2 pm pacific time is 5 pm EST I believe. ( in about 3 hours from now)

From all the comments, they have a lot of good questions to discuss... I am looking forward to it!

They updated the comment to say it was deja vu club, that she was 5'10, dark hair, hazel /brown eyes. That HAS to be a little too convenient, right???? If true, this is a great lead!
I can't pull up the article...?

Good work!!! Now if only google would turn up results on this guy and who he was besides a Republican. LOL
I wonder if the Barkers had any ties to any people that we have already considered as possible matches of missing people (Christine, Wictor, etc.? ) or any other missing people/relatives- that could be her or if she just randomly picked this address?

I remember there used to be some things you needed to bring in mail from your address before 9/11, but honestly I can't remember if it was my driver's license or ID, etc... just have it in my memory I had to bring proof of my address by bringing mail I got in my name there.

Could someone please tell me when the live chat will be? I'm in Europe, it's 8.50 pm now

I read that article, where is the story about Lacey? Or was that just a commentary on the Seattle Times story by a reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member