TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the timeline, posted on here several times. She was probably considerably older than 17 or 18. And with the Loompanics catalog, she did not need any other help.

I agreed at first that she seemed significantly older than she claimed in the original photo that was released. The other ones seem closer to her declared age to me. She was supposedly around my age.

Her signature on her early drivers license seems like it was written by a teenager.

You would think if you were trolling for an identity, you'd choose one with a birthdate within a year or 2 of your own.

Thanks for reposting the timeline. I thought I was keeping up with this thread, but everything in my life seems to be done halfway lately, so I'm not surprised I haven't. :scared:

It still seems really risky to me to go in front of a judge for a name change. My mother was big into stolen identities (don't ask) and she'd never have gone into a court room unless absolutely necessary to avoid jail. Not only risky in that someone might do some looking, but that's a pretty easily traceable paper trail, so it's not exactly like "haha I've fooled them now by CHANGING my name! They'll never track this back!" ya know?

My first post here!! What a lot of good sleuthing everyone is doing! I tend to agree with the poster a few posts above that asked why her computer couldn't be restored to see if any vital information that could link her real identity is still in the data

They did check her computer (it was asked during the live chat). Velling, the SSA investigator said:

"We were given the computers by the family and we did an extensive search of the hard drives with no evidence found to her previous life."

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2013/06/discuss-the-jane-doe-case-at-2-p-m-today-in-live-chat/

Magnum beat me to it with the unscrambler! If you put all three names for LEK, you get quite a few female names out of that, including Arline, Celia, Lacey, Carol, Leona, and Nancy for the longest ones.
Those letter also contain the right combo to spell out the word Cedar.

"I don't really see a link between the two companies."
ClaireNC - I think you are right. The "Advant-Age" host spent time in California at UCLA according to a 2008 Oklahoma interview, and I think I jumped it was the same company, moved back to Oklahoma later.

What I was looking for was if a music video was produced of "These Eyes" by the company with the phone number, that LEK might have auditioned for or worked on, but not finding anything coming up for a video either.

You would think if you were trolling for an identity, you'd choose one with a birthdate within a year or 2 of your own.

Thanks for reposting the timeline. I thought I was keeping up with this thread, but everything in my life seems to be done halfway lately, so I'm not surprised I haven't. :scared:

It still seems really risky to me to go in front of a judge for a name change. My mother was big into stolen identities (don't ask) and she'd never have gone into a court room unless absolutely necessary to avoid jail. Not only risky in that someone might do some looking, but that's a pretty easily traceable paper trail, so it's not exactly like "haha I've fooled them now by CHANGING my name! They'll never track this back!" ya know?

I remember the Seattle Times article saying they thought that maybe she was older because she had trouble concieving a baby. That might not be true, since young women CAN have trouble with that, just not as often as older women.

While going to a judge for a name change and all has created the paper trail, and it has been tracked back, she has, so far stumped everyone!

great catch!

i guess she wasn't too good of a liar all the time. i believe she graduated hs under her possible real name and since she didn't want the two connected, she just used her new fake identity to get her ged - then there's no hs transcripts or past connection.

If she graduated she has to be in a high school year book... but dear lord which one! We have several states to choose from and we don't even know if any of those are the "real" state or city she went to school..his is so frustrating:banghead:

If she graduated she has to be in a high school year book... but dear lord which one! We have several states to choose from and we don't even know if any of those are the "real" state or city she went to school..his is so frustrating:banghead:

Are all yearbooks available online? I am thinking that she must've attended high school, even if she didn't graduate I feel like she most certainly attended one. Are photos of freshmen-juniors in the yearbooks as well? In that case someone is bound to find her at some point.

How many sleuthers, active on this case, have accounts on sites where yearbooks are available? I imagine you have to pay something to access them. Although it's a lot of work, I'd suggest dividing work between you - start with the states which we know she has connections to on the westcoast and then expand.

Even if you only get through one yearbook per day we'll still get answers at some point!

Did anyone have any luck with finding out the origin of the death notice of BST in the news paper?

Read the timeline, posted on here several times. She was probably considerably older than 17 or 18. And with the Loompanics catalog, she did not need any other help.

So we know she did have the Loompanics catalog?? Where was this disclosed?

Hrm... What about looking for high schools in areas of the states which has ties to LEK? The hollywood area in California, the Puyallup area in WA, Scottsdale area in Arizona, Boise area in Idaho etc.

Then when you have the names of the schools, you could always look if they have a FB page and then, if they do, you find someone who is a member/liked the page/has posted on it etc... and then you'll have a name to enter too.

I like the idea that she kept or used a variation of her first name, so I am currently working on Lori's in Washington. All grades. Born 1960-1970. 5 out of 15 pages done. I will try to finish this route today. ( hours and hours). Not a nibble, yet. I know it is random, but it can't hurt :) I am also glancing over the whole page because her face is as familiar as a sister's to me now!!!!

I know Carl checked classmates listings for some schools in AZ a while ago. Will have to check the thread, Horizon maybe??

ETA: I wasn't really replying to the Facebook idea, more the ancestry search, sorry!

Hrm... What about looking for high schools in areas of the states which has ties to LEK? The hollywood area in California, the Puyallup area in WA, Scottsdale area in Arizona, Boise area in Idaho etc.

you have the names of the schools, you could always look if they have a FB page and then, if they do, you find someone who is a member/liked the page/has posted on it etc... and then you'll have a name to enter too.

It could work - better if we could get several people to each do a city?

Whoever "likes" the school page has to be in her 10 year age span as well -
:sick::pullhair:
This is possible, but we need to find a name in her age range, born 1959 to 1969 that is a 10 year range for 5 states (TX, WA, AZ, CA, ID) how many cities and possibly even Oregon, where the Obit was published.. .not to mention the different cities that were involved... Pullayup, Fife, 3 or 4 cities in TX) I doubt she was from Boise ID or TX originally, but lord we never know and she could be from UT or Canada, a state she didn't mention that is neighboring state, or another city not documented in one of these states she was good... or damn lucky..

It could work - better if we could get several people to each do a city?

Whoever "likes" the school page has to be in her 10 year age span as well -
:sick::pullhair:
This is possible, but we need to find a name in her age range, born 1959 to 1969 that is a 10 year range for 5 states (TX, WA, AZ, CA, ID) how many cities and possibly even Oregon, where the Obit was published.. .not to mention the different cities that were involved... Pullayup, Fife, 3 or 4 cities in TX) I doubt she was from Boise ID or TX originally, but lord we never know and she could be from UT or Canada, a state she didn't mention that is neighboring state, or another city not documented in one of these states she was good... or damn lucky..

Here is an idea... Jumping off your facebook thought...For the Huntington Beach Jane Doe, we made a Facebook page with just her sketch and tons of info. A thought was to like and try to post it on relative Facebook pages, such as "Seattle goth scene".

Now, With LEK Doe, there is soo much more info and real pictures as well, so much more to go on. If a Facebook page was created, then the school's pages, strip clubs, UT, county sherriff's , libraries, and probably many more pages could be liked and/or her page shared with them.

I do not think this should be done without the family's and investigator's permission, but could be a good way to get her info out to places of interest.

For those searching yearbooks, I am pretty sure that people already searched the Scottsdale, AZ yearbooks last year. If you search the thread you should be able to find the discussion. Searching yearbooks is a lot of work and I'd hate to see people duplicating efforts.

As for the Lori Kennedy/basketball connection, I doubt that she would change her name to her old name. However, she might have been a classmate or teammate of that Lori Kennedy. Might be worth checking the Marist High School and Marist Catholic School yearbooks. On the other hand, I think she was too old to still be in high school in 1987.

So we know she did have the Loompanics catalog?? Where was this disclosed?

We don't know that she had the Loompanics catalog, I meant it as a joke but it did not come across the way I intended.

But.....someone checked one of the numbers written on her scratch sheet from the strongbox, it came back as a Customer Name and Address number for a number of states. And one of the search results lead to a book carried by Loompanics, which had a lot of things that dovetail with what LEK did in changing her identity. It seems the most likely source of information for what she did. There were not too many.
Why she considered a CNA number so important that she kept it written down could be significant. She needed to know who was calling her and from where. But why?
I have not yet found anything relating to NPR covering the story.

The signatures she used were all remarkably different. Compare the ss application to her drivers license, etc. very dramatic change in handwriting.

Personally, I think we should stop looking among the "missing" pre-teens and teenagers for this person. If she were snatched at any point during her life when she had cognizance she would NOT have been party to the "identity theft" thing. She was either the only party involved or she was complicit in it.

Children who were snatched from their parents sole interest is FINDING their family again. Perhaps you've heard the story of Pepper Smith, who was snatched as a very young child? She spent her entire life looking for her family and didn't find them until 35 or so years later. She would never have stolen an identity and then changed her name so there was no hope at all of her family finding her...even when she was an adult.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/43260234#43260234

P.S. Off topic, am I the only one who thinks this Keith Morrison guy has a really creepy way of talking?? :D :D

Was just looking at a facebook post of a friend who lives in Austin and needs a passport quickly. Someone suggested going to Houston to get it faster.

I kinda wondered why she got it from the office in Houston instead of having it mailed to Dallas. Must have been some sense of urgency - and I don't think it was travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member