Website
www.facebook.com
m.jpg
borer_david_ap.jpg

Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Mar 21, 1981
Missing Date: Apr 25, 1989
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 65 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Straight blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: He has a small scar under his right eye and another scar above his left eye. He is left-handed.
Clothing: A red coat, green jeans, Sorrell" winter boots with felt insert and a green plaid shirt.

David was last seen walking to Mile Marker 82 on Parks Highway, 11 miles north of his hometown of Willow, Alaska on April 25, 1989 at approximately 5:00 pm. He was going either to a friend's home, or to play at a sandbar at the nearby Kashwitna River, which was iced over. He was missed by 7:00 that night. There was no hole in the river to indicate that he fell in. Dogs traced his scent to Parks Highway, but there was no sign of him after that. David is described as a very independent child who once hitchhiked about 40 miles to Wasilla, Alaska.

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/borer_david.html

Alaska State Troopers - http://www.dps.state.ak.us/ast/abi/docs/bulletins/borer.pdf

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5865/0/

Well, I started this thread because I saw a bunch of articles on Google Archives for David. But unfortunately, all of the links are not working and a search of the actual newspaper archives requires a subscription.

But, regardless, here's a thread for this adorable little boy missing 24 years. :(

I am unable to find anything in newspaper archives for this case. My guess is that the local papers did not archive their back copies. :(

I am unable to find anything in newspaper archives for this case. My guess is that the local papers did not archive their back copies. :(

There are a ton of archived articles via a Google news search, mostly from the Anchorage Daily News. Unfortunately you have to pay to read the full articles.

There are a ton of archived articles via a Google news search, mostly from the Anchorage Daily News. Unfortunately you have to pay to read the full articles.

I have access to a news database through our public library and was unable to find anything there. It could be that the Anchorage Daily News just didn't allow that part of their archive into the database for whatever reason.

I have not submitted it. I live outside of US. Maybe you or someone else could submit it?

Help wanted

Hello fellow sleuthers. I have found an inconsistency in the news reports about David Borer's disappearance. The location that the articles (and NAMUS) give(s) is a "sand bar" near "mile marker 82" and near "Wasilla."

Unfortunately, mile marker 82 on "George Parks Hwy" is nowhere near Wasilla, Alaska. They are forty miles apart. There are sand bars near the highway in Wasilla (near mile marker 41) and there are sandbars near the 82 Mile Marker, also.

The question is, which location was our young MP actually playing at?

This gets to possible suspects.

Please visit this link to view a map with the cities and mile marker indicated.

Link: http://511.alaska.gov/alaska511/mappingcomponent/index

On the Alaska's Missing Facebook page, they say he told his sister as he left the house that he was going to play on the beach, meaning a sandy area near their house.

That makes more sense to me than him being on foot 11 miles away from home and headed to a friend's house. Maybe they mixed up a possible sighting with where he said he was headed?

The link that refers to his home being 'near Wasilla' is just a mistake, I believe. Wasilla is where he once hitchhiked to, and I think they just confused things when they typed it up. It's a big inaccuracy for sure.

The FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SeekingAlaskasMissing/posts/186057718185900

Help wanted

Hello fellow sleuthers. I have found an inconsistency in the news reports about David Borer's disappearance. The location that the articles (and NAMUS) give(s) is a "sand bar" near "mile marker 82" and near "Wasilla."

Unfortunately, mile marker 82 on "George Parks Hwy" is nowhere near Wasilla, Alaska. They are forty miles apart. There are sand bars near the highway in Wasilla (near mile marker 41) and there are sandbars near the 82 Mile Marker, also.

The question is, which location was our young MP actually playing at?

This gets to possible suspects.

Please visit this link to view a map with the cities and mile marker indicated.

Link: http://511.alaska.gov/alaska511/mappingcomponent/index

Mile post 82 on the pros HWY.

Kind of odd that no newspaper articles about his disappearance were archived - I would think that a missing kid would be big news. Maybe the initially thought he was a runaway? Just speculating, based on the fact that he has hitch hiked long distances before and he is quite independent. Of course, that might not mean anything.

The UID posted by Soufi has since been ruled out as being David, though it did seem like a promising match. It seems unlikely to me that this case will be solved, unless it catches some publicity in the future. Very sad to see a young boy just totally vanished like this.

David Michael Borer – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

David Michael Borer

• david_michael_borer_1.jpg
  • david_michael_borer_2.jpg
  • david_michael_borer_3.jpg
  • david_michael_borer_4.jpg
David, circa 1989; Age-progression to age 36 (circa 2017)

• Missing Since04/26/1989
  • Missing FromWillow, Alaska
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • Date of Birth03/21/1981 (38)
  • Age8 years old
  • Height and Weight4'0, 55 - 65 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA red coat, green jeans, a green plaid shirt, and Sorel winter boots with felt inserts.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Blond hair, blue/green eyes. David's front teeth slightly protrude. He has scars under his right eye and above his left eye. He is left-handed.
Details of Disappearance
David was last seen walking to Mile Marker 82 on Parks Highway, eleven miles north of his hometown of Willow, Alaska on April 26, 1989, at approximately 5:00 p.m. He was evidently en route either to go to a friend's home, or to play at a sandbar at the nearby Kashwitna River, which was iced over. He has never been seen again and was missed at 7:00 p.m. that evening.

There was no hole in the ice of the river, but the center of the river wasn't iced over. The Kashwitna River is shallow, but has a swift current. Search dogs traced David's scent to Parks Highway, but there was no sign of him afterwards.

David was a first grader at Willow Elementary School at the time of his disappearance. He is described as a very independent child who once hitchhiked 30 miles to Wasilla, Alaska. His parents were separated at the time of his disappearance and he lived with his mother and siblings. David's mother gave birth to another son less than a year after his disappearance, but the baby died in an accident at the age of four weeks.

David's case remains unsolved. For lack of evidence, police are treating it as an abduction.

What a sad case, and I sympathize for the multiple tragedies experienced by his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back