UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very useful report on conditions in the West Desert and the best that I've seen from over on this side of the continental divide. Excellent information.

Thank you so much! Another report from someone when the snow is patchy would be much appreciated, and some of us along the Colorado's front range would take it as a signal to call the wvcpd and head out to help search.

You're welcome. I wished I would have thought about the significance of where he was going camping. I would have sent a camera with him and told the guys to keep an eye out for Susan. It was a last minute grab your gear and go trip as I was heading out the door myself to do wedding stuff with my daughter. I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it.

OK5

FWIW, I thought the painting the nail thing sounded like fun for Susan's friends. Wasn't she into make-up and everything girly? I could just see her friends getting together and doing each other's nails while laughing and talking about the *fun* things of Susan, all said with tear-brimmed eyes. IF Susan had been my friend, it would have been bitter sweet, but respectful and with love of Susan.

I also don't think Kiirsi was inappropriate in mentioning the yarn shop. Being a multi-type crafter myself, it sounded like she was very excited on the variety of yarns. She was trying to persuade people to join in a week of service and it sounded to me as if she thought the yarns at that particular store would make any projects in honor of Susan unique by the materials used. Crafters always LOVE finding new outlets for their supplies. It adds excitement to a new project when you use something different!

It must be difficult for the Hellewells to be around Josh. I really feel for them, the inner turmoil they feel. Susan missing and MAY never return and feeling Josh was responsible but they don't want to burn that bridge. IMHO, I believe Josh went to their house to use their computer to just *test* the waters on how their attitude is towards him. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable I would feel IF I were in that position, wanting to shake him to speak up, afraid to bring up *the elephant in the room*, ie his MISSING WIFE!

I also feel bad for Josh's sister and her husband. It seems there's a rift there that may never be repaired. It's sad when you begin loosing a family member in your life. I hope his sis and mom will make it through this difficult time without too much more distress.

I wish we knew where Susan was. I totally understand the gravity of how insurmountable a search around Utah would be. Most specifically this time of year. I know there's been times when people have disappeared here in California and you want to go out and look, but where to start? ............and in most areas here in So. Calif., you don't even have the snow to contend with. Just a LOT of state to take into consideration. I drove through Utah this summer, beautiful but a lot of desolate land!

Hang in there OK5. You're doing great and we're glad you're here to share with us. Tell Kiirsi she's doing just fine too, considering the circumstances. I'm sure Susan would be very proud of her.

JMHO
fran

:blowkiss:

I just thought the BBM portion of this article was a littlem ominous.

I'm still willing to bet Susan was given some type of a sedative that day. There was a REASON Josh didn't want JoVonna to come back that night.

I also didn't know that the car alarm went off for TWO MINUTES! That's a little more than just accidentally opening the door while the alarm was on and pushing the reset button. Two minutes is a LONG time, if you think about it! :confused:..............maybe those who mentioned previously that he may have been disconnecting a gps or something COULD be RIGHT!

:(
JMHO
fran

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...eption-about-the-day-Susan-Powell-disappeared

..........................snip............................

She went on, “Josh said he’d take the kids out sledding while she rested, and I left at the same time he and the boys left, between 5 and 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 6.”

“I never went back into Susan’s room to tell her goodbye, something I have regretted not doing. Of course I never thought that might be the last time I’d ever see her."

JoVonna said she offered to bring the yarn back that evening but Josh said no, not to worry about it because Susan wouldn't get a chance to work on it until her next days off.

..............................snip.....................................

“A neighbor reported he heard the Powell’s car alarm go off at around 11 p.m. for about two minutes - that’s a very long time late at night. I’m surprised no one called the police. Women are taught to push the panic button to raise attention in an emergency situation and I have always wondered if that’s what Susan did the night she went missing.”

This is a very useful report on conditions in the West Desert and the best that I've seen from over on this side of the continental divide. Excellent information.

Thank you so much! Another report from someone when the snow is patchy would be much appreciated, and some of us along the Colorado's front range would take it as a signal to call the wvcpd and head out to help search.

I remember seeing a video a few days after susan went missing of the area Josh went camping in and the police were there and the snow was patchy.

The car alarm issue continues to intrigue me. I know we've talked about it a couple of times, but I'm still not convinced he was disabling a gps. Still, I just can't wrap my fingers around what was really happening, but I do think it is important.

The car alarm issue continues to intrigue me. I know we've talked about it a couple of times, but I'm still not convinced he was disabling a gps. Still, I just can't wrap my fingers around what was really happening, but I do think it is important.

Strange they would have the Van locked up and alarm set parked in the garage in the nice neighborhood they lived in.

Could Susan have ran to the Van to get out knowing the keys were usually left in it since it was in the garage and Josh had gotten the keys earlier and locked the van and set the alarm?

They do not know why he didn't draw this lease agreement up in WA. Not sure of the computer situation there. He basically went to their house and asked if he could use the computer to get it done.

I wonder if he needed their IP number or something that is fast to get from the computer.......in 1 click........how long was he typing?
No one ran to get something for 1 moment???

How long did the police have Josh's van? Like how many hours? I read they took it yesterday afternoon but he had it back by 7:30
That's not a lot of time unless they KNEW what they were looking for.

or put a devise on it...............

No matter what anyone says "the hub was a-watchin', etc" I will believe that Josh messed with the FB page via the Hellewell computers.

There is no such thing as a coincidence that he was using their computer(s) and poof went the page supporting Susan's family.

Payback for calling all that attention to "his" home, just when the media was dropping the story.

Nope. Ain't buying it.

Josh might have set that little trap or warning system before he went to bed. He might have had reason to believe she would leave in the middle of the night with the kids. She could have had the kids dressed and ready to go. Since they were dressed what better time for a camping trip.

I'm thinking these possiblities:

1) She ran and got in the van and locked the doors. He tried to open them and set the alarm off...

2) She ran to get in the van for safety but it was already locked (and he had the keys?). When she tried to open the van the alarm was set off.

But, why in the world did it go on for so long?

I'm thinking these possiblities:

1) She ran and got in the van and locked the doors. He tried to open them and set the alarm off...

2) She ran to get in the van for safety but it was already locked (and he had the keys?). When she tried to open the van the alarm was set off.

But, why in the world did it go on for so long?
I think the fight happened right then, the alarm stopped when Susan was killed.

A fight over the keys between husband and wife. I have seen that many times.

I am just letting all those thoughts soak in, trying to go the next step.

I think he told the truth about leaving at 12:30. He would figure someone might have seen him.

I wonder if the wet spot on the carpet was halfway between the bedroom and the inside garage door. If what I think happened Susan would have taken off running to find the keys and Josh would have been jumping out of the bed. I bet they met at what was to become the wet spot.

I think he told the truth about leaving at 12:30. He would figure someone might have seen him.

Yep. The 12:30 time seems to be reported consistently by a variety of sources so I think that is true, too.

Originally Posted by OKand3Js
Regarding the missing carpet...

I saw the front living room last Saturday...I didn't notice anything out of place because the whole room was filled with packed boxes piled to the ceiling, ready to be loaded on the truck.

Once the boxes were all loaded, I finally got to see the floor. The carpet is completely gone in half the room. The cops took half the carpet, not just one little patch, half! So hopefully they will have more than enough to test and see what the wet spot could be and get evidence.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Apparently, the carpet spot was in the living room. I sure wish we had a floorplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p