Tru-TV/IN session Caylee Anthony coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got NY wrong (hence the "?") . . . . he might have said Miami & Orlando

According to his marriage license, Baez was born in New York. I also recall something about him growing up in the Bronx. It stuck in my mind because my husband grew up there. He was also raised in Miami, IIRC.

JMHO

Mike B talking about the effect of the rulings . . . odor of decomposition HHBP is taking a long time to make this decision. HHBP very thoughtful, "its all about the law with him . . . as long as you lay the proper foundation".

sometimes you expect the rulings to come out all at once . . . Sunni H. doesn't believe the odor of decomp has "science" behind it. . . she thinks this has most merit and best chance for the defense team.

Mike reminding about the door being opened about the chloroform and he thinks Dr. Vass will have overlap between the two issues.

JB took RS to Columbian cafe and ordered in Spanish . . . .

JB's defense case stacks up against the prosection. He has never waivered he feels he has a case here. JB's advantages are access to the client and whether they want to put on a case. You don't get locked up and put in jail and think you have an advantage. . . unfair system filled with racism . .. our system has a black eye on it . . . presumption of innocence is biggest flaw . . .. not only kc .. . . "when was last time you saw someone in back of police car and said I wonder what that person is falsely accused of".

Caller . . . Lisa saying so many people who think she is guilty . . . but she thinks they will be able to find an unbiased jury.

u know..... i dont want to say anything that isnt true so this all my opinion. But i have always thought that those two have known eachother for a while before all of this stuff. I just get this feeling. He sure was her lawyer pretty darn fast. just sayin. sorry back to the original programming.

I have that same feeling - somehow their paths have crossed prior to the missing/death. I just don't have a clue why or how or for what, but the feeling is there.

Playing clip from yesterday . . ."I'm not an Entertainer I'm a Lawyer"

How has media affected the case:
caller Lisa in Missouri - she has to walk away from keyboard frequently . . . so many people think she is guilty . . . it's not fair to kc or any defendant . .. we don't know we were not there . . the media will put out what they want.

Mike B says negative is what she did and what she didn't do! Certain questions people have that have not been answered yet . . . what happened during 31 days . . . partying is that negativity or is that wanting answers?

Caller Diana from Illinois . . . thinks JB is getting more attention for his practice . . . tainting the jury pool by talking to media . . . it's unfair watch the news and then watch JB say how wonderful she is so it taints jury pool.

Sunni Hostin sayin they have tried this case in media . . . it "behooves them to go out there" . . . gives insight into him . . . .comes from up high when you are trying a case you don't speak to media. . . cases that go to trial are hard cases . . . it is defense interest to go out and speak to media.

Caller Andria from NY . . . JB doing media interviews concerned about if kc was found guilty and jb cries foul about too much media for appeal . . . why go out of area to get potential jurors and then do a media interview?

Mike B saying just because you have seen coverage of the media doesn't mean you can't be fair and impartial . . . . seen a different side of JB . . . he doesn't talk about KC at all . . . RS saying JB kept saying during interview he couldn't talk about kc or case

next question . . . do you think race plays a role in amt of attention this case is getting?

Playing clip from yesterday . . ."I'm not an Entertainer I'm a Lawyer"

How has media affected the case:
caller Lisa in Missouri - she has to walk away from keyboard frequently . . . so many people think she is guilty . . . it's not fair to kc or any defendant . .. we don't know we were not there . . the media will put out what they want.

Mike B says negative is what she did and what she didn't do! Certain questions people have that have not been answered yet . . . what happened during 31 days . . . partying is that negativity or is that wanting answers?

Caller Diana from Illinois . . . thinks JB is getting more attention for his practice . . . tainting the jury pool by talking to media . . . it's unfair watch the news and then watch JB say how wonderful she is so it taints jury pool.

Sunni Hostin sayin they have tried this case in media . . . it "behooves them to go out there" . . . gives insight into him . . . .comes from up high when you are trying a case you don't speak to media. . . cases that go to trial are hard cases . . . it is defense interest to go out and speak to media.

Caller Andria from NY . . . JB doing media interviews concerned about if kc was found guilty and jb cries foul about too much media for appeal . . . why go out of area to get potential jurors and then do a media interview?

Mike B saying just because you have seen coverage of the media doesn't mean you can't be fair and impartial . . . . seen a different side of JB . . . he doesn't talk about KC at all . . . RS saying JB kept saying during interview he couldn't talk about kc or case

next question . . . do you think race plays a role in amt of attention this case is getting?

First of all, thank you Wenwe for watching...I would not be able to stomach it. I like Andria from NY and Diana from Illionois. I can't picture Sonni Hostin but sounds like an InSession tow-the-defense-line robot.

What in the world does race have to do with this? ICA is white!! Is he going to say she is targeted because she is white? Or is it HIS race he is talking about? Because I wouldn't even think twice about his race (actually I still don't) if he didn't bring it up. Just because his last name is Baez? Who cares? How many generations has his family been here? Please. I have an Irish last name and don't expect anyone to say "hey she must be Irish...bet she's a drinker" when they meet me. Or is it because ZFG is Latina? Her race is more of a significance because she does have a thick accent and seems she may have immigrated here and if anything it makes ICA's targeting here WORSE because she took advantage of a possibly less savvy person that the average American. Please.

Mike B talking about the effect of the rulings . . . odor of decomposition HHBP is taking a long time to make this decision. HHBP very thoughtful, "its all about the law with him . . . as long as you lay the proper foundation".

sometimes you expect the rulings to come out all at once . . . Sunni H. doesn't believe the odor of decomp has "science" behind it. . . she thinks this has most merit and best chance for the defense team.

Mike reminding about the door being opened about the chloroform and he thinks Dr. Vass will have overlap between the two issues.

JB took RS to Columbian cafe and ordered in Spanish . . . .

JB's defense case stacks up against the prosection. He has never waivered he feels he has a case here. JB's advantages are access to the client and whether they want to put on a case. You don't get locked up and put in jail and think you have an advantage. . . unfair system filled with racism . .. our system has a black eye on it . . . presumption of innocence is biggest flaw . . .. not only kc .. . . "when was last time you saw someone in back of police car and said I wonder what that person is falsely accused of".

Caller . . . Lisa saying so many people who think she is guilty . . . but she thinks they will be able to find an unbiased jury.
BBM...
Interesting that he took RS to a Columbian cafe for part of the interview...do you smell his obvious agenda yet? Why aren't they dining at a Puerto Rican cafe? What does South America really have to do with his Puerto Rican heritage? Ahhh, yes.. he is appealing to ALL of his Hispanic 'family'.
He's trying to play the OJ trial all over again and is using race to influence potential Hispanic jurors to 'vote for him'.
I think 'snarky white female baby killer' may trump 'Hispanic solidarity' though, Mistah Baezz. I think he's miscalculated the better sense and morality of his own people. How shameful.

Patty from Mass. on phone saying melting pot in courtroom w/African American Judge, Hispanic Atty, etc . . . she thinks the factor is it is a child who captured everyone's heart

Clip (new one?) from JB saying we could be sitting there eating a ham sandwich

talking with a southern drawl . . .

"Jose, Did I ever tell ya 'bout the ham sandwich murderer of 1979?" Mimicking CM

It is interesting that JB says the biggest wrong in this case has been the "presumption of innocence". Especially since at the recent direct of Yuri Melich, who was incredible and had Baez answering his own questions, he said over and over "You didn't feel this was suspicious" "by now you must have been suspicious", the 31 days was not suspicious? the empty apartment was not suspicious", the odor in the car was not suspicous", you must have been suspicious by now; and last but not least the lying at Universal - you had to be suspicous by now. And when Yuri says well now I am getting suspicious and Baez says "ALLRIGHT".

Baez made the State's case with that examination. And Yuri led him in the right direction.

JB . . talking like "Foghorn Leghorn" trying to mimick CM. (actually it is quite funny!)

Barbara from NY on phone. . . appreciates interview w/JB and his sense of humor and more humanized for her . . . but he is in for an uphill battle . .. .

RS saying HHBP says Mr. Baez I don't have time for editorializing . . .

Sunni H saying HHBP will not give latitude for humor in courtroom to JB but he will to CM

Yoda of Defense Attys

Patty from Mass. on phone saying melting pot in courtroom w/African American Judge, Hispanic Atty, etc . . . she thinks the factor is it is a child who captured everyone's heart
I believe that is true too. NO ONE likes a baby killer and the murder of an innocent child trumps everything else. They could move the whole darn trial to Puerto Rico and Baez would still walk out a loser, IMO.

Karen on phone . . . saying JB saying it is a circus but JB is ringmaster of the circus who keeps looking over to the camera during the interview.

Mike B says JB will not get as much leeway as CM . . . may have been just that day that HHBP didn't want to hear it (previously) editorializing

Caller Nancy from Calif . . . not race it is the circumstances of the case that keeps people interested.

KC and Baez are well matched, imo.

It's always someone else's fault that this, that, or the other thing has gone wrong.

And I didn't even know what KC looked like when I read about the 31 days and saw the photo of beautiful Caylee. I never cared about KC's looks, she could be as homely as me when I first wake up in the morning, and I'd still be interested in this case, because Caylee was a beautiful, sweet, and innocent little Angel.

I'm baffled that Baez thinks it's all about KC, or him.

For many - if not most - of us following this case, it's about Caylee.

Once this case is over (aside from Caylee), I'm done with the entire Anthony family, and Baez.

Part 2 is replaying now. Only heard the intro espousing how JB is at home in the courtroom and that his firm consists only of himself and 2 "junior attorneys". uh...JB IS a junior attorney if I have ever seen one and if he is feels at home in a courtroom, he is more delusional that even I imagined. I am already ready to throw things at the tv.

I'm really not sure if I am going to make it through this. I'm in a pretty good mood today and not looking to totally blow it.

I have no words...none I can say anyway.
JB is blaming his losing the Diaz case on an all white jury?
Not one word about him trying to AHA the prosecution and failing?? really, JB? Really??

I find it really annoying that race is even being talked about in this case. :banghead:

No, Mr. Baaeeeez, it is because your client NEVER reported her child missing. :maddening:

There is a very good reason for that! It's called murder, and she was trying to conceal it. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123