FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."

If it were a cell phone, wouldn't GZ have seen him on the phone? I'm guessing he wouldn't have wanted to confront anyone if he saw them on the phone talking. But if it were a blue tooth/ear piece, it's possible he couldn't see it. I guess it doesn't matter at this point and I don't know why it's bugging me. MOO

Maybe not. Trayvon was talking with an ear piece in. That could be part of the reason why George thought he was on something; Trayvon may have appeared to be talking to himself.

The girl heard someone ask Martin what he was doing, and heard Martin ask why the person was following him, Crump said. The girl then got the impression that there was an altercation in which the earpiece fell out of Martin's ear and the phone went out, Crump said.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/20/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

I can't believe Zimmerman's father said that because his son is Hispanic he can't be racist? Living in Florida all my life, I can assure you that there are Hispanic people who are racist against black and white people. There are black people who are racist against white and hispanic people! There are white people who are racist against hispanic and black people!

Asian's seem to have it pretty good! Because I rarely see any racism against Asian people?

Pointing out that Zimmerman is Hispanic does not mean that he wasn't racist!

It's an expression that shouldn't be taken literally.

"It is an abomination," said former Broward County prosecutor David Frankel. "The ultimate intent might be good, but in practice, people take the opportunity to shoot first and say later they had a justification. It almost gives them a free pass to shoot."
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...force-multiple-gunshot-wounds-maury-hernandez

I disagree with you 100 percent. It is not just an expression and should be taken literally.

There was a homicide and the person who committed that homicide gave no evidence that is was not a murder. Injuries in a scuffle mean nothing if if you started that scuffle.

There is plenty of evidence from the tapes he went looking for trouble. Without evidence to back up his claim of self defense he should have been locked up and charged.

And, my dear friends, it is coming full circle now! WARNING!!! Uneditted Content!

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/03/trayvon_martin_case_did_george.php

Just what I've been waiting for. This, ladies and gentlemen, makes it a HATE CRIME.

A hate crime is a legal category used to described bias-motivated violence: "assault, injury, and murder on the basis of certain personal characteristics: different appearance, different color, different nationality, different language, different religion."[2]
"Hate crime" generally refers to criminal acts that are seen to have been motivated by bias against one or more of the types above, or of their derivatives. Incidents may involve physical assault, damage to property, bullying, harassment, verbal abuse or insults, or offensive graffiti or letters (hate mail).[3]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime"]Hate crime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Now, lock Zimmerman up and throw away the key!!

I can't believe Zimmerman's father said that because his son is Hispanic he can't be racist? Living in Florida all my life, I can assure you that there are Hispanic people who are racist against black and white people. There are black people who are racist against white and hispanic people! There are white people who are racist against hispanic and black people!

Asian's seem to have it pretty good! Because I rarely see any racism against Asian people?

And there are people who grow up in "multi-racial" families who are racist as well!

Regardless if what people that came up with this law say, I think it's obvious on what is going on here.

"Trayvon's parents are calling on the FBI to take over the investigation. Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett said he supports federal involvement. This case is now gaining national prominence for its racial overtones and the seeming foot-dragging of the police, though the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and local state attorney are involved. The FBI also acknowledges being in touch with the Sanford police. But the real culprit is the "stand your ground" law that can tie the hands of police and prosecutors. Once again it has proven to be the menace that its critics predicted it would be."

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/editorials/article1220845.ece

ITA Adrienne - I knew this last night when I heard it for myself. The feds will charge this guy with a hate crime and prosecute it as such. Its coming. Hopefully it will happen before Thursday when Sharpton is due in town.

JMHO

Now that the msm is talking about the underlying mumble....I do have to say I hear two different words one being a slur and the other being "punk" ....this is one of those things a jury should decide....what do they hear? I have to say I'm much happier to hear the GJ is taking a lookie-loo at this case...(not sure why GZ gets a month to disappear first though).

ETA: the first word is clearly the F word...the second is either the slur or punk in my ears

Lola, I sadly agree with 99% of your post, however I have seen racism both against and by Asians as well.

Unfortunately, ignorance knows no color, ethnic group, or creed. :(

I disagree with you 100 percent. It is not just an expression and should be taken literally.

There was a homicide and the person who committed that homicide gave no evidence that is was not a murder. Injuries in a scuffle mean nothing if if you started that scuffle.

There is plenty of evidence from the tapes he went looking for trouble. Without evidence to back up his claim of self defense he should have been locked up and charged.

Under this law, police can't arrest those acting in self-defense (which is what Zimmerman claimed he did).

and there are mixed persons who identify with only one side and are racist against their own gene pool !!

Regardless if what people that came up with this law say, I think it's obvious on what is going on here.

"Trayvon's parents are calling on the FBI to take over the investigation. Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett said he supports federal involvement. This case is now gaining national prominence for its racial overtones and the seeming foot-dragging of the police, though the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and local state attorney are involved. The FBI also acknowledges being in touch with the Sanford police. But the real culprit is the "stand your ground" law that can tie the hands of police and prosecutors. Once again it has proven to be the menace that its critics predicted it would be."

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/editorials/article1220845.ece

The real culprit, and the only menace, is GEORGE ZIMMERMAN. JMO MOO IMO

Police can make an arrest when there is probable cause that the person was not acting in self-defense, even if the person asserts they were.

Now that the msm is talking about the underlying mumble....I do have to say I hear two different words one being a slur and the other being "punk" ....this is one of those things a jury should decide....what do they hear? I have to say I'm much happier to hear the GJ is taking a lookie-loo at this case...(not sure why GZ gets a month to disappear first though).

ETA: the first word is clearly the F word...the second is either the slur or punk in my ears

I can't tell for sure, to me it sounds like the slur, however, if he said, the slur, punk or tool, it shows that he judged Tray before going after him, and was the reason he went after him.

JMHO

And there are people who grow up in "multi-racial" families who are racist as well!

"Some of my best friends are black." :rolleyes:

Dad may not want to believe is son is racist, but what GZ did that night amounted to racial profiling, plain and simple.

Wish there was some way to give Sharpton a heads up that "hey, we got this dude, no need to come out and get involved"

Sorry but every time that man gets involved in some headline making case the only winner is Mr. Sharpton himself, who gains all that face time in the cameras.

Right now, there is a pretty loud and polarized group calling for justice. The Social media has assisted us in getting this story national attention and now GJ, FBI and Federal involvement. I really don't think Mr. Sharpton can do anything but screw this whole thing up by turning it into a big ole hatefest between the races.

I believe it to be a slur?

I don't hear any "nk" at the end.

I don't hear "t" before the "oo".

It clearly sounds like "oon" at the end.

Someone stated to me last night that the letter in front of it could be "g" or it could very well be what I believe I heard?

Under this law, police can't arrest those acting in self-defense (which is what Zimmerman claimed he did).

That is not true. They can arrest him for murder. They have plenty of evidence it was not self defense. He can say anything he wants but he better have evidence to back up committing a homicide and calling it self defense.

I listened to it repeatedly last night through a really good set of headphones and a really good set of speakers, and I could clearly hear the slur that the Herald is reporting. Not the ones it could be, but the worse one that they thought it to be. This is why I feel strongly that it will be treated as a hate crime. I am appalled that GZ has not been arrested. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member