GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

My daughters were very wonderful people. Their short lives will not be forgotten. Because of this situation, we have been sentenced to life to ensure their children know how special their mothers were.

Statements were made about my daughter Ashley by myself about running with the wrong crowd. The reason she was at my other daughter's house was because she decided she needed to lead a good life for her daughter. She was attempting to protect her sister and (he said something about a dark shadow upon Ashley basically that there shouldn't be one).

From this day on - we will not wear black. We are not grieving, we want this to be a colorful remembrance of two amazing lives. Whatever color you've got.

That is all he has. He will work with the media if they have questions later. They have been a great tool. The family has decisions to make so give them a few days.

Questions:

Was arrested with girlfriend.

Do not think there is anyone else involved at this time.

Will not go into how he knew the victims.

One of the objects was something he took off of a table (heavy), other object was a wooden stick of some kind with a finish. Perhaps a table leg, something like that.

Children are fine and very well cared for.

Neither of the victims were sexually assaulted, to their knowledge, before killed. After assaulting one of the victims, the defendant attempted to sexually assault her but says he did not.

Believe he did attempt to sell guns and gave one to someone to sell. Recovered one so far and have good leads on where the others are. If someone comes across them, they would appreciate their assistance.

Clarified that he attempted to sexually assault Britny after he attacked her.

Multiple people contacted them, including someone who called about seeing him in the truck and someone who was given the gun.

Suspect went to home to attempt to have sex with Britny, he did not expect to find Ashley there. He was high on meth. After he killed Ashley he realized he had to kill britny. he is the one that put the babies together. he cleaned up , smoked meth in the house, stole the guns, cleaned up and moved the bodies to the truck. He took the bodies to the field. He was seen driving the truck and tried to sell the guns. The girls were beaten and then smothered. He is being charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder. They are looking for three guns. This is the suspect if i am allowed to list it:
https://web.mo.gov/doc/offSearchWeb/searchOffender.do?docId=1220050&method=getOffender

No resistance during arrest.

Meth is an awful drug. It does terrible, terrible things. Under Missouri law, being under the influence of any drug or alcohol is not a defense.

Meth or any substances abuse is not a defense in MO law so stated in the press conference

Wow. So horrific. Ashley was defending her younger sister and the babies. Thoughts for their family and their precious babies. :(

That was absolutely gut wrenching to watch. Their poor father looked like he was about ready to pass out and it looked like they had to get him a chair. After following so many cases, it's difficult for watching a press conference to make me cry....but this did it. So heartbreaking. Lots of prayers for this family.

Wow...worse than I expected...:(

What surprised me the most was that Miller is the one who put the babies together.
It gives me the creeps to know those babies were in that house. And thanks for letting me know that MO won't put up with the drug/alcohol defense.

Omg that is one messed-up guy. DP for certain. I'm just thankful the family can put them to rest and at least they know what happened and why.

What made me think jail was the phrase, "when I think of how long I'll be away for." dunno why, but jail was my first thought when I read that.

I haven't read all the way to the end of this thread, so not sure if anyone has caught this, but? the post in question is actually the lyrics from a Staind song titled Zoe Jane. Verbatim. Alot of kids in that age group post song lyrics randomly like that - my nephews and nieces do it daily

This seems to contradict the PC

I thought Key was killed last?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19035060/man-charged-with-murder-of-2-edgerton-sisters

When he entered the house he was surprised to find Key asleep on the couch, authorities said. When she woke up she challenged his presence. Authorities said Miller began to punch Key and beat her, then he smothered her with a pillow.

After he killed Key, authorities said, he then went to Haarup's bedroom and hit her with a blunt object and proceeded to smother her with a pillow. He then smoked more meth, authorities said.

I haven't read all the way to the end of this thread, so not sure if anyone has caught this, but? the post in question is actually the lyrics from a Staind song titled Zoe Jane. Verbatim. Alot of kids in that age group post song lyrics randomly like that - my nephews and nieces do it daily

Thanks...I would have never guessed that in a million years. I've never listed to Staind. Either way, what she meant by that status doesn't matter, anyway.

i commend the guy"s friends and the people that saw him in the truck that notified the LE instead of siding with him and hiding info for him.

RIP Brittany and Ashley. Ashley you may have hung with a rough crowd, you may have made mistakes but when it counted you stepped up and tried to protect your sister and the babies.

RIP dear girls. May your daughters do great things in their lives in your honor.

I just cannot stop crying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back