17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Trayvon didn't walk home - he was found dead near where GZ last saw him take off running. Why was he still in that area? It was raining so hard the life flight helicopters wouldn't come into the area - I don't understand why he didn't just go home and get out of the rain and away from a stranger he was mutually "staring" at. I can only imagine he was watching GZ, waiting for him to get off his phone to confront him. <modsnip>

Yes, Trayvon was found dead where GZ murdered him! Simple!

I think these parents have many, many times....some just are not listening, which seems to be the problem GZ had that night when he was asked to stay with the car. jmo

There is NO mention anywhere where GZ is asked to stay in/ with his car.

No need to apologize. Differences of opinions are not a problem, assuming or giving the benefit of the doubt to one person but not the other using the same info is curious to me is all, especially on a site like this.

I don't see how any of us can achieve complete objectivity when one whole half of the story is missing.

To approach this as if Trayvon's story is irrelevant simply because he's not here to give it isn't, in my book, viewing this objectively. It is viewing half of the story objectively.

Two witnesses on the 911 used the words wrestling I believe and we have not seen any witness statements yet. Zimmerman's statement is evidence and all the 911 calls with screaming on them are evidence. Trayvon's body is evidence as is all his clothes. Zimmerman's clothes and gun are evidence.

While they are evidence, you have to draw conclusions to get to a point where a crime was committed. The SA's job is to determine if there is enough evidence to hold up in court. To this point, there is not, or else there would have been an arrest.

As for the speech analysis of the screaming. I do not buy it. They are using GZ's normal speech to compare it to the screems heard. I would like to see where the software they have used is able to compare someone's scream to a normal speaking voice. Everything I have read serem to indicate that it was used to compare one speaking voice to another. Also, would like to see an analysis where they compared TM speaking voice to the scream to see what likelyhood it was his. I personally have not heard TM's voice, but I find GZ's voice somewhat high pitch, and I can reasonablly believe that it was his screams. (not to mention the eye witness).

In my eyes, just not enough evidence based on what has been released to us spectators. Sure they probably have lots more evidence which has not been released and made public, but it is either not persuasive, or it supports GZ story.

could someone tell me how to go about finding out why my posts have been removed? thanks :)

Zimmerman profiled Trayvon as being criminal because he was black and wearing a hoodie. The racial aspect of this case came directly from GZ. If he hadn't profiled Trayvon in the first place, he wouldn't have gone after Trayvon, and Trayvon wouldn't be dead.

GZ did NOT racial profile TM.

please quite with the TM was killed because he was black.

there is no evidence of that.

How do you know he doesn't feel remorse, grief, or concern...is there a guide as to how someone should react in a situation such as this? I just prefer to wait until the facts are known, there will be plenty of time to assail Zimmerman if the facts lead us there.

Have you seen the site put up by Zimmerman? Read the quotes on it? Looked at the pictures? I did not consider that he was lacking in remorse until that came out.
I wondered last night if he had mental issues. One would expect someone to express remorse even if it were for the sake of self preservation. Does he employ a back *advertiser censored**wards media relations person for negative press?

actually it is an opinion that some people hold and they are entitled to have that opinion

You can't say that unless you are GZ....he is the ony one that knows, and he is not going to admit it if he did.

If Trayvon hadn't gotten a suspension, he probably wouldn't be staying with his dad in Sanford and if GZ had continued on to Target (as alleged where he was going), he would not have killed Trayvon. If 'if' was a skiff we'd all be sailing.

IMO GZ should have remained in his vehicle, and should not have pursued TM. Unfortunately all we have is one side to the story and that just isn't enough!

Disclaimer: Just my subjective opinion for which I can present no proof

One of GZ's friends said GZ "expected all this to blow over"

This is not a statement that I would expect to hear from someone who is feeling deep remorse and concern for the victim.

It might possibly blow over for himself if he doesn't get charged but then "all this" doesn't include any thought or concern for the victim whatsoever because it's clear that "all this" will not blow over for them. Death is permanent.

You can't say that unless you are GZ....he is the ony one that knows, and he is not going to admit it if he did.

Exactly. I do wonder if Trayvon had been a white kid in a hoodie if he would have stilled looked suspicious to GZ. I highly doubt it.

I must be from a hardier crowd because where I live it is not abnormal at all to see walkers out at dusk even if it's raining. I don't see where the emergency was in this one. I don't see where there was anything abnormal going on. A teen was walking. So? No big deal to me. Not every teen has a vehicle or an aversion to water that would keep them inside in rainy weather.

There are burglaries anywhere but it doesn't mean that someone he sees on the street is a burglar until proven otherwise

So, if they are not suspicious to you, they shouldn't be to anyone else? And if they are, that proves racism? Makes little sense to me, but okay!

Disclaimer: Just my subjective opinion for which I can present no proof

One of GZ's friends said GZ "expected all this to blow over"

This is not a statement that I would expect to hear from someone who is feeling deep remorse and concern for the victim.

It might possibly blow over for himself if he doesn't get charged but "all this" doesn't include the any thought or concern for the victim at all because it's clear that it will not blow over for them. Death is permanent.

I take it to mean that He didn't think it would draw this much attention. JMO

How does this fit with all of the 911 calls made by GZ that were released? Wonder how many others walked through that neighborhood that not calls were made on? We won't know that, will we?

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would carry a gun. But I'm sure the reasons are as varied as the people who carry them. According to GZ's story, he was looking for an address and he had stopped following TM. Given that he had lost sight of TM and was heading back to his car, he had no reason to expect to be jumped from behind.

You realize that equating the likelihood of getting run over on a speedway with the likelihood of GZ being attacked by TM requires that TM be as deadly as a clutch of roaring race cars. Yes? Unless, we're talking about Schrodinger's Nascar. IMO, it's a terrible analogy. And I believe that GZ should have stayed in his car. If anything, it's the exact opposite of the speedway analogy. GZ knew he was armed so he knew that he had the upper hand if any confrontation occurred. IMO, people who carry guns should bear more responsibility in the eyes of the law. Not, as it stands now, less responsibility.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:
To obtain a concealed weapon permit, one has to take a class and follow strict regulations and laws. One of those laws dictates a CH carrier cannot pull their gun unless they intend to use it in self defense. If they show their gun, or try to scare or intimidate someone with their gun, and their life is not in danger, they will be charged with a felony and will spend a mandatory 3 years in jail. No pleading, no exceptions. I don't believe GZ pulled his gun until TM saw it - the fact that TM was on top of him for any length of time at all only confirms this for me, he could have shot him the moment he was hit.

TM's age does not immune him from scrutiny in this case, nor does GZ carrying a concealed handgun, like thousands in Fla., automatically make him a murderer. There's no history of his ever using his gun to intimidate. No history of him "chasing" a suspected stranger on the property or not waiting for police.

JMO

So, if they are not suspicious to you, they shouldn't be to anyone else? And if they are, that proves racism? Makes little sense to me, but okay!

TM wasn't doing anything illegal so why, why, WHY should he have been suspicious?
Makes no sense to me.

How many times did GZ call 911 to report the emergency of seeing a white teen outside doing nothing but walking?

Originally Posted by SoSueMe
Anyone wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the Private Area of Websleuths, called SOUND OFF.

Warning: Be sure to read the Required Reading thread.

Trayvon Martin Sound Off

bumping up place for race discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members