LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about the rule of 3 mentioned earlier in this thread, makes me see this whole thing as a rather grim shell game that BSL is playing with us. Look over here: bike in Whiskey Bay - is she here? - oh, but check this out: burnt out *stolen* truck in Coldspring TX - is she here? - and 3rd - he turns up in New Orleans - is she somewhere near here? Where is Mickey? Which shell is she under? Perhaps none of the above :waitasec:

I think his hairdresser said he was ready to go out to work around June 21st...did we ever determine the dates he would have gone prior to that time? If he returned a car June 4th, he could not have gone before June 5th and yet to go again around the 21st, it seems he would have just been getting back. I can't figure out a period when he could have been gone for 14 or so days between 5/20-6/20. Do we know if his shift IS 14 days at a time?

IF and I mean IF his finger were almost cut off, biten off, etc could he have had time off work due to his injuries? And the next time he was able to go back to work was around 6/20? But if so he would have needed a doctor's release to return to work so there would have to be other medical records.
Dunno, just thinking...

What if a concerned citizen tried to assist Mickey, and ended up deceased themselves?

I do find the locations and quantities of the injuries to be quite a large amount, for self-defensive wounds.

Wow! that's a really good point! I never thought of that scenario, but you could be onto something there. :what:

Did I read somewhere that he told the police that his wallet, containing his license and $40 cash, was stolen during the "robbery"? If so, he just gave himself
away because didn't he use his license when trying to purchase a new truck?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good point. What about a lie detector test? Is that a standard thing when arrested for murder? If so, the results won't come out in trial I'm guessing. Those tests don't really work very well though with psychopaths. Or is he a socio? I forgot what I learned in psychology

The guy's got lawyers and they would in no way allow a lie detector test and the "truth" serum, well talk about a violation of one's civil rights. I am not at all taking up for BL, but it is what it is.

Just thinking about the rule of 3 mentioned earlier in this thread, makes me see this whole thing as a rather grim shell game that BSL is playing with us. Look over here: bike in Whiskey Bay - is she here? - oh, but check this out: burnt out *stolen* truck in Coldspring TX - is she here? - and 3rd - he turns up in New Orleans - is she somewhere near here? Where is Mickey? Which shell is she under? Perhaps none of the above :waitasec:

I couldn't agree with you more, Mamacat.

This wasn't BSL's first abduction, IMO. Nope. He was trying damn hard to cover his tracks.

I agree, I think this crime was an impulse crime followed by a series of bad decisions due to him panicking. It almost seems manic. I'm not so sure its related to his intellect as much, although, I agree he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. He was probably going on a lack of sleep, and was probably thrown off by Mickey being so tough to overpower and control. I think she delivered those wounds to him somehow, and everything went wrong from there. I think she attacked him in the truck shortly after the abduction, and he was left with several wounds he didn't expect and a truck that was now full of evidence he had to now deal with... I really don't think his wounds were self inflicted, I would think that would be the last thing an RSO would want on him after an attack. I don't think he would stab himself in the back... Any way I look at it, I can't find a plausible scenario for self inflicted wounds. I think his visit to the hospital was to cover his tracks when it came time to explain away his injuries. I don't think he expected the police coming in to question him. I'm sure that threw him a little, and probably increased his panic quite a bit. Add that to seeing his truck caught on surveillance the following week and again panic... 1st thing that came to mind, burn it... Come up with a quick story.

The only thing random about the crime IMO is Mickey. I think BSL left his house looking for a victim.

Did I read somewhere that he told the police that his wallet, containing his license and $40 cash, was stolen during the "robbery"? If so, he just gave himself
Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's very easy to get a replacement license. Go in, wait your turn, show ID, have your picture taken, pay your fees, get your license. I think he was lying and had his wallet in his truck but if he did lose his license, he could have another one in an hour.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right, unless he got a replacement license right quick. We know he had whited out the *sex offender* part of his license when trying to purchase a new truck in Lafayette.

I understand your feelings on waiting to form an opinion, and the innocent until proven guilty standard our justice system uses as a standard... However, I'm not a juror, and won't be... I'm just a housewife from the Midwest who is not in le, not a tv pundit, not a politician, etc., therefore I don't have to use the word "allegedly", or be politically correct, or believe someone is innocent until someone tells me otherwise, and thank God for that because I think this guy is a punk who should've never been out free walking the streets in the 1st place, following what he did to his first victim. I personally, am sick of all the protection and consideration we give to the perps!!! IMO, he's guilty and I won't even put in writing what I think his consequences should be. I'm here for the victims, the future victims, and their families... I'm fed up, and have no desire to play nice or worry about what's fair to these non humans that could take the life or innocence of our precious children and not even bat an eyelash over it. The cry baby little momma's boys deserve nothing from me!!!
And this rant is by no means directed at you personally. Your post just popped up and hit a nerve when it comes to the way our justice system keeps letting these fools back out on the street, to time and time again get to our babies. We need to stop em!!!!!!

@HeidiSams, I wish I could like or thank your post a million times!! This is EXACTLY how I feel!!
Thank you for stating this for many of us here!! :great:

The only thing random about the crime IMO is Mickey. I think BSL left his house looking for a victim.
------------

When I think of "random," I think "spur of the moment."

We don't know yet, if he stalked her and for what period of time.

What if a concerned citizen tried to assist Mickey, and ended up deceased themselves?

I do find the locations and quantities of the injuries to be quite a large amount, for self-defensive wounds.

Read this 1994 Denver story about a good samaritan.

WATKINS, Colo. -- A woman's body was found Saturday in the area where authorities were hunting for a woman who briefly escaped from her kidnapper before being abducted again from a police station lawn.
The body seemed to fit the description of Rhonda Maloney, said Adams County Sheriff Ed Camp.

<rest of story at link>

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/a...-positive-id-body-found-in-area-of-searc.html

:bump:

Lavergne Questioned in Jefferson Parish, May 19th

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 5:13 PM by Letitia Walker
Updated: Jul 12, 2012 5:34 PM

"Deputies say they arrived at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway just after 11:00 pm on May 19, 2012 after a man showed up there after being stabbed. The victim, identified as Brandon Lavergne, told police he was attacked outside of a gas station."

New Developments in Shunick Case

July 13, 2012
"KATC–TV reported Thursday that the incident report states Lavergne showed up at Oschner Hospital just after 11 p.m. on May 19. Lavergne, who had been stabbed in the chest, back, neck and hand, said he was attacked outside a gas station at 3 p.m. that day, the TV station reported.
Lavergne also claimed his wallet was stolen, KATC reported."

Maybe the suspect is mirroring his own behavior, when he says: attacked outside a gas station.

Maybe the suspect knows that someone can be attacked right near a gas station, you know, like a Circle K, and never be seen.

Maybe the suspect is mirroring his own behavior, when he says: attacked outside a gas station.

Maybe the suspect knows that someone can be attacked right near a gas station, you know, like a Circle K, and never be seen.

In most lies, hide bits of truth...

Originally Posted by bessie

Lavergne Questioned in Jefferson Parish, May 19th

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 5:13 PM by Letitia Walker
Updated: Jul 12, 2012 5:34 PM

"Deputies say they arrived at Oschner Hospital on Jefferson Highway just after 11:00 pm on May 19, 2012 after a man showed up there after being stabbed. The victim, identified as Brandon Lavergne, told police he was attacked outside of a gas station."

New Developments in Shunick Case

July 13, 2012
"KATC–TV reported Thursday that the incident report states Lavergne showed up at Oschner Hospital just after 11 p.m. on May 19. Lavergne, who had been stabbed in the chest, back, neck and hand, said he was attacked outside a gas station at 3 p.m. that day, the TV station reported.
Lavergne also claimed his wallet was stolen, KATC reported."

:bump:

The first article is what had me confused about the time BSL arrived at the hospital. It stated the police arrived a little after 11 and said nothing about the time BSL arrived.

We know Mickey carried pepper spray, I wonder if she carried a knife of some kind as well.
Sounds to me Mickey was able to stab him, and he went to the hospital in an effort to get on record a phony cause for the marks...
Did the person who mugged him, also bite him on the neck I wonder... surprised there's no mention of that at the hospital..

We know Mickey carried pepper spray, I wonder if he carried a knife of some kind as well.
Sounds to me Mickey was able to stab him, and he went to the hospital in an effort to get on record a phony cause for the marks...
Did the person who mugged him, also bite him on the neck I wonder... surprised there's no mention of that at the hospital..
---------
Did you mean she carried a knife as well?

There were some posts upstream that speculated that she could have.

Would any of her friends or family know?

---------
Did you mean she carried a knife as well?

There were some posts upstream that speculated that she could have.

Would any of her friends or family know?

Yes, I meant "she", sorry - thanks for catching, will correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288