OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the liberty of saving a screen shot from google maps and highlighting the two roads. The blue dot shows where the truck was found. MTN Road is the way that website said to get to the property, so I think that would be how the Jamisons got there ... but you could also get there from Red Oak in addition to the two ways I highlighted. Does anyone know for sure which route they took? I have driven on those roads back there several times before but it was six years ago.

http://rabbitsareroadkill.zoomshare.com/files/map.png

The map labels the roads with numbers instead of names but they may have changed the signs now because of the 911 system. I remember 911 came to the area while I was living there and they were having to change a lot of road signs.

One more thing - I was reading some of the older threads on this and I noticed the mention about the briefcase. Did anyone figure out what exactly was in it? I was wondering if it was a briefcase or a gun case? If they were going to buy the land then they might have brought guns to trade, which is pretty common around here. Maybe they brought the cash and guns to buy the property out right and they got out to show the guns and haggle over their value.

One more thing - I was reading some of the older threads on this and I noticed the mention about the briefcase. Did anyone figure out what exactly was in it? I was wondering if it was a briefcase or a gun case? If they were going to buy the land then they might have brought guns to trade, which is pretty common around here. Maybe they brought the cash and guns to buy the property out right and they got out to show the guns and haggle over their value.
I think it was described as a briefcase or satchel. Speculation has it that it contained the other half - Sherilynn's - of the money from an accident pay-out, I think it was. Bobby's half therefore would be the $$$ found under the driver's seat. AFAIK, Sherilynn's has never been accounted for.

As for RCSP, like little726, I didn't realize it was nearly that close either. Thanks for the map. Instructive. So many good places within 5-6 miles (which looks like about the distance between the truck and the park) in the San Bois to dump bodies, though. Cart them past a normal search area and - whoosh, over a ridge they go, never to be discovered. At RSCP they might well be as it does do a business during the summer months anyway, I think.

Here's a map of the park. It's not the best but it's the one RCSP hands out to visitors. It's oriented where North is on the right hand side and East is on the bottom, so it would be the bottom part where someone would have come in from the mountain. The only labeled roads are the park roads. You can see though that the East side is cabins and the large Wildlife Management Area, where there isn't much human activity due to the no hunting rule.

http://rabbitsareroadkill.zoomshare.com/files/RobbersCave.png

Does anyone think someone might have changed Madyson's clothes in that photo by the rock? The neighbor gave a different description of what she was wearing than the picture, and those clothes looked like they didn't fit her very well, like maybe they weren't hers.

Wait - the Duhons (the animal people) had kids, so they would have kids clothes ... do you see what I am thinking? Especially if that was their cabin (which I have a strong feeling the Jamisons were in before they disappeared).

This is an absolutely crazy leap but the thought popped into my head. Does anyone know anything about the D's daughter? According to the news stories they have a child (their youngest) the same age as Madyson Jamison. The comments on one story said they do have a daughter named P, and she is either the youngest or middle child because the oldest was a boy who was also posting in the comments. Would it be even slightly possible that AD killed the Jamisons and kept Madyson to pass off as her own?

This is an absolutely crazy leap but the thought popped into my head. Does anyone know anything about the D's daughter? According to the news stories they have a child (their youngest) the same age as Madyson Jamison. The comments on one story said they do have a daughter named P, and she is either the youngest or middle child because the oldest was a boy who was also posting in the comments. Would it be even slightly possible that AD killed the Jamisons and kept Madyson to pass off as her own?
I don't know...

But aren't the D's in jail (or did they get out)? And who would have cared for Madyson while they are/were in jail?

Robber's Cave was actually the command post for SAR during several searches. Were you working there at that time, Liora? If so, I would love to hear your thoughts on how those searches were organized. TIA.

No I haven't worked there since Aug 2006 when I moved away.

I don't know...

But aren't the Duhons in jail (or did they get out)? And who would have cared for Madyson while they are/were in jail?

Yeah I admit the theory was pretty far fetched and probably not likely but I just had to mention it. I have a really strong feeling the D's are involved though. Was anything in the truck ever dusted for fingerprints - the cell phone, doors, etc?

I just watched the OETA video from the last thread ... the new sheriff ... *facepalm*

I think it was described as a briefcase or satchel. Speculation has it that it contained the other half - Sherilynn's - of the money from an accident pay-out, I think it was. Bobby's half therefore would be the $$$ found under the driver's seat. AFAIK, Sherilynn's has never been accounted for.

As for RCSP, like little726, I didn't realize it was nearly that close either. Thanks for the map. Instructive. So many good places within 5-6 miles (which looks like about the distance between the truck and the park) in the San Bois to dump bodies, though. Cart them past a normal search area and - whoosh, over a ridge they go, never to be discovered. At RSCP they might well be as it does do a business during the summer months anyway, I think.

I actualy did look into the state park as to distance and events. I seem to remember a family reunion was going on the weekend before the truck was found. There are tons of pictures on the web from it, I lost all the links and stuff with the information but if you google the dates and keywords it should bring up the information over again. I have not looked into since certain names have been mentioned I believe I looked into for a reason having to do with another case but I cant remember right off the top of my head which one, so it might really be worth a quick look .

I lost alot of really good research ,and I had really forgotten about the family reunion thing until I saw this post.

Was it a family reunion or was it the Fall Festival? It just occurred to me the Festival was going on around that time and I checked the dates, it was Oct. 16-18 in 2009. Exactly what day was the truck found?

I just want all 3 to be found, sooner rather than later.

What a mystery...that needs to be solved.

:blowkiss: Bobby, Sherilyn and Madyson.

Was it a family reunion or was it the Fall Festival? It just occurred to me the Festival was going on around that time and I checked the dates, it was Oct. 16-18 in 2009. Exactly what day was the truck found?

It was a family reunion. I think. :waitasec:

Oct 17th is the day the truck was found. Right in the middle of the fall festival. I am pretty sure the event I am talking about was a family reunion.

It was a family reunion. I think. :waitasec:

Oct 17th is the day the truck was found. Right in the middle of the fall festival. I am pretty sure the event I am talking about was a family reunion.

This is the first time I've heard about a family reunion. Was it the Jamisons family reunion?

This is the first time I've heard about a family reunion. Was it the Jamisons family reunion?

No , I dont even rememeber the name. I tryed looking last night to see if I would remind myself of the name..I remember I found it in a genealogy forum having used Oklahoma and either the name jumped out at me or I searched a specific person. I only noted the family reunion thing because of the RCSP location being so close and the dates. Nothing about it jumped out enough for me to post it then. Now however we are alking about events in the area .. I rememebr a car show was also taking place close to the dates.

The family reunion I am talking about had bluegrass players and it had a website linked with a lot of photos from robbers cave state park. I dont know if we were talking about robbers cave state park on this thread or I was looking into where Jodys body was found on the panola mountain and mapping that. There were little family reunion storys and I want to say maybe even a facebook page. Like a news letter gone crazy type of thing, more then your basic everyone

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trapp-Family-Reunion/92145109150

I just wondered if they would have seen anything. eta I found where it says sept 25 th ,so there must be another one. Although I know I saved this one as well, just because the co winky..and if you dont know what I am talking about,NM.

No , I dont even rememeber the name. I tryed looking last night to see if I would remind myself of the name..I remember I found it in a genealogy forum having used Oklahoma and either the name jumped out at me or I searched a specific person. I only noted the family reunion thing because of the RCSP location being so close and the dates. Nothing about it jumped out enough for me to post it then. Now however we are alking about events in the area .. I rememebr a car show was also taking place close to the dates.

The family reunion I am talking about had bluegrass players and it had a website linked with a lot of photos from robbers cave state park. I dont know if we were talking about robbers cave state park on this thread or I was looking into where Jodys body was found on the panola mountain and mapping that. There were little family reunion storys and I want to say maybe even a facebook page. Like a news letter gone crazy type of thing, more then your basic everyone

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trapp-Family-Reunion/92145109150

I just wondered if they would have seen anything. eta I found where it says sept 25 th ,so there must be another one. Although I know I saved this one as well, just because the co winky..and if you dont know what I am talking about,NM.

Thank you, Soul.

Does the name, "Buck" ring any bells?

Thank you, Soul.

Does the name, "Buck" ring any bells?

Yes it does.

I think it is a nickname for someone in another case. I may be mistaken. If I ever wanted to cry when I lost information it was when that hard drive went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23