Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
aa9511;9909526]

It
could also be that only one or a few of the Tapas are involved. For example, Dave. I don't think they would take the chance of all 7 being involved, that is way too risky.

I think at least one of the 7 have to be involved. If it's true that they kept Maddie in a freezer, possibly in an empty apartment somewhere, that would have had to have been arranged beforehand.

I am thinking that it's Kate, Gerry, and Dave.

MOO

I have always had trouble with the idea of any of the Tapas being involved in the actual disposal of the body. I think they may well have suspicions about what really happened, but to actually be brought into the loop by the McCann's I just can't see it.

No disrespect meant, I just can't see the McCann's having that much faith in anyone. And why would their friends even be willing to cover?

Can anyone tell me the extend to which the McCanns have been investigated?

I'm talking about things like.....their laptops, their bank accounts, phone records, etc..

I have not heard of any information relative to the McCanns' personal life/items, so I'm assuming that no one had really the right to go into that and McCanns I'm sure would not willingly offer access.

I would like to know what was on the computer in the weeks/months leading up to the "abduction." Who did they correspond with? Who did they contact?

Also the trace of the money from this fund of theirs. Have any LE been able to do a thorough investigation about this? For example, if somone else is involved, could there be any trace of money to that person? Where exactly is that money going?

There are so many questions.

I'm so glad we only have one thread now, all that jumping around is making me dizzy.

:scared:

We have ample "evidence" in this case.

We don't have a body which of course is the ultimate evidence but we do have a British Police dog who has told us she died.

We also have the "scene". Eddie indicated in apartment 5a, so it follows if he indicated in there, she died in there.

The "scene" itself does not jibe with the parents story, no matter which way you look at it.

You can say they were mistaken or they outright lied, either description brings us back to the undeniable fact that the tale they tell of that night cannot have happened the way they described.

Now we have SY appearing to confirm that. Tanner's ever-improving version is completely discounted, which means she is (as she always was) an unreliable witness.

We also have SY confirming that the Smith sighting is not only valid, it's accurate.

The Smiths ID'd Gerry and stand behind that ID to this day. They will testify to their sighting, and further the Gaspars will testify to the hinky sexual stuff they saw.

Now, as far as IDI is concerned -

Can someone please outline an actual tangible IDI theory. How did they do it? No matter how hard I try, there is absolutely no way I can fit IDI into the evidence. Couldn't then, still cant.

:dunno:

This also I find interesting........ that one of the GNR officers who was among first to come to the crime scene had suddenly 120 000 EUROs paid to his account.. Anyone knows what came out of this?

Maddie case: GNR officer suspected of receiving 120 thousand euros, 19 June 2009

Maddie case: GNR officer suspected of receiving 120 thousand euros tvi24

He was one of the first agents to arrive in Praia da Luz. PJ is already investigating the handover of "live" money

19-06-2009 20: 33
Thanks to Astro for translation

One of the Guarda Nacional Republicana agents who was first to arrive at the resort in Praia da Luz and at the McCann couple's apartment is suspected of having received over 120 thousand euros of "live" money, a short time after Maddie's disappearance. This GNR officer is essential to the entire investigation, given the fact that he was among the first to arrive at the location where the little girl disappeared, and also one of the first people to get into contact with the parents.

TVI has established that the case of the sudden 120 thousand euros in the GNR officer's hands is being investigated by the Polícia Judiciária (PJ).

On the night that Maddie McCann disappeared, the first authorities to arrive on location were the GNR officers. It was their task to search the apartment, to perform the initial searches, to speak with the McCann couple, and to direct the searches on the beach and in the village, namely the open areas where sewer and piping works were under way, only tens of metres away from the resort that the British family had booked for their holidays.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id256.html

5th May is more than 24 hours later.

The pictures were made FOURTH of May. Not fifth.

Bedsheets were not sent for forensic testing but washed by the cleaners, apartment cleaned by cleaners.

Link, please. And not from "Daily Mail" if you can.

Officers did not wear protective clothing so could contaminate the crime scene.

On the pictures you can see the technicians in the full protective suits.

Which they did, an officer finger print was found on the window, while the Scotland Yard searched the whole world database to find out to whom this mysterious fingerprint belongs. [/quote]

Not on this window. At the patio door in the living room. The officer who left that fingerprint was Nelson Filipe Pacheco da Costa, the member of the patrol that arrived at the scene first and actually searched the apartment, trying to find Maddie. The patrols, sent from the street rarely have the protective gear with them, you know, even in UK or U.S.

The fingerprint was identified by the portuguese police, eighteenth of May 2007.

PJ documentation about it:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FINGERPRINTS.htm

Costa's statement:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NELSON-DA-COSTA-1.htm

Even later, 'protecting by GNR officers' meant they could walk in apartment without protective clothing.
Here one link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-police-ruined-forensic-evidence-bedroom.html

I don't find "Daily Mail" as a reliable source, sorry. BTW. they failed to mention that these 50 people trampled through the apartment before the police even got there.

Officers in protective clothing are not from this crime scene and not from May 4. IMO.
A woman officer taking fingerprints without protective clothing is the only scene from 5A.
Can you give a proof that the officers in white are from 4th May and from 5A?

These photos were described as such by PJ in their files. Are you accusing PJ of forgery?

This also I find interesting........ that one of the GNR officers who was among first to come to the crime scene had suddenly 120 000 EUROs paid to his account.. Anyone knows what came out of this?

Maddie case: GNR officer suspected of receiving 120 thousand euros, 19 June 2009

Maddie case: GNR officer suspected of receiving 120 thousand euros tvi24

He was one of the first agents to arrive in Praia da Luz. PJ is already investigating the handover of "live" money

19-06-2009 20: 33
Thanks to Astro for translation

One of the Guarda Nacional Republicana agents who was first to arrive at the resort in Praia da Luz and at the McCann couple's apartment is suspected of having received over 120 thousand euros of "live" money, a short time after Maddie's disappearance. This GNR officer is essential to the entire investigation, given the fact that he was among the first to arrive at the location where the little girl disappeared, and also one of the first people to get into contact with the parents.

TVI has established that the case of the sudden 120 thousand euros in the GNR officer's hands is being investigated by the Polícia Judiciária (PJ).

On the night that Maddie McCann disappeared, the first authorities to arrive on location were the GNR officers. It was their task to search the apartment, to perform the initial searches, to speak with the McCann couple, and to direct the searches on the beach and in the village, namely the open areas where sewer and piping works were under way, only tens of metres away from the resort that the British family had booked for their holidays.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id256.html

Ok the GNR is wrong too. Add it to the list. :scared:

Now how about that IDI theory of yours?

:seeya:

What evidence would they hope to find on her sheets? The photos I've seen, it seems unlikely a child was ever asleep there that night. I doubt the "intruder" took a nap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The pictures were made FOURTH of May. Not fifth.

Link, please. And not from "Daily Mail" if you can.

On the pictures you can see the technicians in the full protective suits.

Which they did, an officer finger print was found on the window, while the Scotland Yard searched the whole world database to find out to whom this mysterious fingerprint belongs.

Not on this window. At the patio door in the living room. The officer who left that fingerprint was Nelson Filipe Pacheco da Costa, the member of the patrol that arrived at the scene first and actually searched the apartment, trying to find Maddie. The patrols, sent from the street rarely have the protective gear with them, you know, even in UK or U.S.

The fingerprint was identified by the portuguese police, eighteenth of May 2007.

PJ documentation about it:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FINGERPRINTS.htm

Costa's statement:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NELSON-DA-COSTA-1.htm

I don't find "Daily Mail" as a reliable source, sorry. BTW. they failed to mention that these 50 people trampled through the apartment before the police even got there.

These photos were described as such by PJ in their files. Are you accusing PJ of forgery?[/QUOTE]

Daily Mail is good enough for me to make up my opinion on some subjects, especially if I was following this case every day on all channels back in 2007
DM sill has the links from that time.. other papers might not, but they were all reporting the same.
Re officers in the protective suits it rings in my mind that this might be from the Rebelo times.

Can anyone tell me the extend to which the McCanns have been investigated?

I'm talking about things like.....their laptops, their bank accounts, phone records, etc..

I have not heard of any information relative to the McCanns' personal life/items, so I'm assuming that no one had really the right to go into that and McCanns I'm sure would not willingly offer access.

I would like to know what was on the computer in the weeks/months leading up to the "abduction." Who did they correspond with? Who did they contact?

Also the trace of the money from this fund of theirs. Have any LE been able to do a thorough investigation about this? For example, if somone else is involved, could there be any trace of money to that person? Where exactly is that money going?

There are so many questions.

There are also a lot of answers.

The McCanns refused to provide any assistance at all to the PJ from the first hour.

The McCanns only handed over their cell phones after they had wiped the registers, the PJ could not get hold of the records.

The McCanns allegedly travelled all the way to Portugal and all over Europe and the rest of the world over the years without owning or using one single credit card (this is the most unbelievable claim of all IMO :rolleyes:).

As we all know, highly unlikely but no financial records were ever provided so the PJ could not check their movements.

Most of your questions can be answered on this site, also has a google search function too so it's really easy to use.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/index.html

Then why are you using it to back up your posts as though it is?

I opened a thread, but since we'er unithreading it on this forum, I may as well drop the article here ..

I found this great article, and thought it could open up and interesting discussion about the McCanns and how their interaction with the media has swayed, or polarised public opinion, and what effect it's had on the investigation in general .. thoughts?

"The first ever debate about the media and the McCanns at Polis brought out some heated and painful issues. McCann family spokesperson Clarence Mitchell and former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie represented competing perspectives on a story that has gripped and disturbed the world for nine months."

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/polis/2008/01/30/mccanns-and-the-media-the-debate/

If she is dead I believe something happened shortly after they picked up the children from the crèche I think Madeleine was fussy about being left alone again with her siblings and early bed time. One or the other snapped. I believe it was Kate. didn't the dogs pick up a scent behind the couch? Or blood found? They may have left her there in a panic. Dosed the twins put them to sleep. Went to dinner. Gerry's turn for check the kids. Takes Madeleine walks to the beach and throws her body off the cliff. Anybody remember that photo of the mccanns standing on the cliff. I believe that was her resting place. The ocean.

JMO

Then why are you using it to back up your posts as though it is?

I didn't say that, that was a previous poster. Daily Mail is good enough for me.
Much more reliable that some 'blogs' ;)
It is covered by media regulations.. so regulated by British law

Thanks Mrs G, from that link I found this little snippet from the Guardian -

Portuguese journalists found people close to the McCanns unwilling to speak for fear of breaking an agreement that Kate and Gerry would pre-authorise anything that was to be said in public. This is standard media management in Westminster or the City but it struck some in Portugal, who thought they were simply dealing with an utterly distraught family, as so strange as to be suspicious. The Portuguese police, however slow and incompetent they might have been, found themselves on the wrong end of a very high powered media onslaught - orchestrated and facilitated in no small measure by what became the McCann campaign. They may not have been ideally equipped or experienced to deal with the case of a disappeared child but they certainly weren't prepared to find themselves up against professional media managers.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/jan/31/mechanicsofthemccanncampai

What's very interesting about this article is that it appears to confirm stories were being "fed" to the media by the McCann, and that the McCann had pressured their own friends/family into silence.

It also gives an unusual glimpse into the effect such expert and targeted anti-PJ spin had on the investigation and the members of the PJ themselves.

The end result of this PR pressure was that the Arguido status was lifted and the investigation (who they relied on to help find their daughter) closed down.

Just how distraught parents behave....NOT.

:stormingmad:

I didn't say that, that was a previous poster. Daily Mail is good enough for me.
Much more reliable that some 'blogs' ;)
It is covered by media regulations.. so regulated by British law

:lol:

Yes your "British laws" are a bit of a mystery to the rest of us...

Especially in the "libel" area which tip toes on censorship in this Age of the Information Superhighway that is the internet.

The British seem to genuinely believe that just because there's a law against it, people won't do it.

They parole murderers and rapists all the time...:banghead:

:cow:

If my child were missing and sawing off my right arm, by hand, would help bring him back , I'd do it!
The fact they refused to answer even simple questions is alarming to me. There is NOTHING they could ask that I'd be unwilling to answer truthfully,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Seriously...what parent hires top PR within hours of their daughters disappearance?

The same sort of parent who is planning her Memorial CD Release concert within weeks, with "all the big names".

How can this behaviour be justified?

can someone PLEASE explain to me why the leads on this case are pursuing an abduction theory when there is ZERO evidence for it????

cadaver dogs finding the scent behind the couch and in the car, the mother refusing to cooperate on questioning initially, discrepancy of 30 minutes between gerry and kate on when their friend came over... inconsistencies in general with their stories, their odd nervousness, careful answers and lack of emotion. yes, people react differently to this sort of thing + some parents are in shock at first, but they have been WAY too consistently cold in interviews to convince me that they even loved their daughter. i have never seen innocent parents with a child missing behave consistently in this way. i have never seen an innocent parent sweat and stammer and wolfishly grin in an interview: Gerry McCann talks to Jeremy Paxman - YouTube
Reminds me of the Ramseys' behavior, to be honest.

there is no evidence of a break in and every reason to believe that gerry and kate were involved. i'm guessing gerry and kate have kind of built a firewall around themselves of money and support, but seriously. people who support gerry and kate, what are your concrete reasons for this besides wanting to believe they aren't terrible people? there ARE psychopaths in this world, and some psychopaths have children. or perhaps they aren't psychopaths but this was an accident and they didn't want to lose their two other children because of it. so please, telle me. what are your reasons for wanting to believe them?

Seriously...what parent hires top PR within hours of their daughters disappearance?

The same sort of parent who is planning her Memorial CD Release concert within weeks, with "all the big names".

How can this behaviour be justified?

That always bothered me. Gerry's writings in his blog was also disturbing.

did the investigators look into the child-parent relationships of the other parents at the tapas bar? namely, they could be covering for the mccanns in part because they've given sleeping meds to their children as well?
i can totally see it: 'so guys, i know this sounds wrong, but if you just give your kid a tiny bit of sleep medication they'll be totally fine but out like a light...' and everyone joins in on slightly medicating their kids.
but madeleine wakes up in the middle of them being at the tapas bar, decides to climb the couch, passes away after she hits the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23