Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #3 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't disagree, but in these parts if you don't have a smart phone you're lagging in the teen world. I know 10-11 year olds who have iphones.

I know. Even here in Texas I see it. Teens run their households instead of their parents. Sad, really.

I do get calls to pick her up because she doesn't want to take the bus or she wants to go to target for something RIGHT after school etc. I do like that if there is a problem she can reach me anytime. IMO
My daughter will do that too, but she uses the school phones or her teacher's cell phone, so there is NO need for her to have one!

Maybe Sierra's mother and father were competing for affection by buying her things. Trust me, they have good jobs but every penny they would make would have to pay a mortgage ...unless they inherited a home.

Maybe Sierrla's mother doesn't have to pay anything for the house in Morgan Hill and that is why she moved in w/Bf. She is then able to buy more things for her daughter. There is no way I would make that trip daily from Morgan Hill to Fremont. Many hours are spent sitting on the freeway. She has to be putting in a 12 hour day.

It's a darn shame she HAD to be with her boyfriend...ugh! Parents continue to do this. I better curb it before I go on forced vacation again...

I am not sure what you mean, Whisperer. Why is it a darn shame she had to be with her boyfriend? The police have already said that Rick is not involved in any manner concerning Sierra's disappearance. Even mothers are entitled to have a life with someone they love other than their children. I dont think it took away from Sierra for one moment. Sierra seems to have been well cared for and loved and yes, even Rick can love Sierra, and I am sure he does, and is worried sick right along with her mother and father.

Both the mother and her boyfriend probably make very good money between the two of them and can afford to buy Sierra more expensive things. I know that two of my teenage granddaughters have Juicy bags and also have smartphones too.

Many people commute to work. She said she got off at work around 3:45 pm so that is not late at all.

IMO

Hey, my hubby works for AT&T, and we've decided our daughter WON'T be getting her own phone for years- even if she's the only one in her class without one! She even tried that argument on me last week, not gonna' fly in this house!!!

:seeya:
I think the private schools can get away with the restriction (like Serra and Notre Dame). From what I recall the PARENTS were the ones fighting this in the public school system...go figure..

I apologize I am confused. The picture was removed or the acct?
Are you talking about the blond?

Sierra wrote that someone is "so pretty", and she shared a picture with that tweet. That picture she shared has been removed.

I am not sure what you mean, Whisperer. Why is it a darn shame she had to be with her boyfriend? The police have already said that Rick is not involved in any manner concerning Sierra's disappearance. Even mothers are entitled to have a life with someone they love other than their children. I dont think it took away from Sierra for one moment. Sierra seems to have been well cared of and loved and yes, even Rick can love Sierra, and I am sure he does, and is worried sick right along with her mother and father.

Both the mother and her boyfriend probably make very good money between the two of them and can afford to buy Sierra more expensive things. I know that two of my teenage granddaughters have Juicy bags and also have smartphones too.

Many people commute to work. She said she got off at work around 3:45 so that is not late at all.

IMO

Well, making the drive at 4:00pm might take her two hours to get to Morgan Hill. The traffic between 3:00 and 7:00 is horrendous.

My DD lives in South San Jose and works in North SJ. It is 12 miles and if she leaves during those hours, it takes an hour to get home. Her work is 12 miles away. It takes 45 minutes if she leaves at 6:40am in the morning too.

Silican Valley staggers their work hours. Many Offices are leaving @ 3:00pm.

I'm so confused about this second phone talk. Did she tweet from an iPhone once? Or take pics? Maybe it's not a phone? Maybe it's an iPad. That would make more sense than having two phones. Just trying to understand what this phone talk is regarding.

Don't disagree, but in these parts if you don't have a smart phone you're lagging in the teen world. I know 10-11 year olds who have iphones.

Our two teenager granddaughters did not get a smart phone until they were 17.

They can have their phones but they need to be turned off during school.
they will be taken away! and they wont get them back till the end of school year!

According to a Twit Post on Sierra's account, her phone went off at 9:00. So I assume this is a parental control type of thing.

I'm so confused about this second phone talk. Did she tweet from an iPhone once? Or take pics? Maybe it's not a phone? Maybe it's an iPad. That would make more sense than having two phones. Just trying to understand what this phone talk is regarding.

Yes she tweeted and posted a picture and talked about using facetime while using an iphone. You can see the phone in the picture, it is clearly not an itouch or ipad. I posted a link to the picture a while back.

Well, making the drive at 4:00pm might take her two hours to get to Morgan Hill. The traffic between 3:00 and 7:00 is horrendous.

My DD lives in South San Jose and works in North SJ. It is 12 miles and if she leaves during those hours, it takes an hour to get home. Her work is 12 miles away. It takes 45 minutes if she leaves at 6:40am in the morning too.

Silican Valley staggers their work hours. Many Offices are leaving @ 3:00pm.

Didnt she say she got the school message around 5 or 6. I would think they left the message either on her land land or email. So it seems she gets home around that time and parents both mothers and fathers have been known to get in later than that due to their work schedules. Sierra wasnt a small child. At 15 she can fend for herself until her mom arrives.

IMO

Sierra wrote that someone is "so pretty", and she shared a picture with that tweet. That picture she shared has been removed.

Who's monitoring her twitter account, I wonder? If her tweets weren't copied, everything will disappear.

According to a Twit Post on Sierra's account, her phone went off at 9:00. So I assume this is a parental control type of thing.
I haven't checked yet, does her stuff go quiet late at night?

Maybe Sierra's mother and father were competing for affection by buying her things. Trust me, they have good jobs but every penny they would make would have to pay a mortgage ...unless they inherited a home.

Maybe Sierrla's mother doesn't have to pay anything for the house in Morgan Hill and that is why she moved in w/Bf. She is then able to buy more things for her daughter. There is no way I would make that trip daily from Morgan Hill to Fremont. Many hours are spent sitting on the freeway. She has to be putting in a 12 hour day.

It's a darn shame she HAD to be with her boyfriend...ugh! Parents continue to do this. I better curb it before I go on forced vacation again...

If Sierra's mother left for work at 6 am every morning, she at least wasn't sitting in traffic at that time, probably took her no longer than 40-45 minutes to get there. If she left work at 3:30-4:00 pm, she may have been in some light traffic but not the 5:00-6:00 heavy traffic.

Doing a search on the mother, she bought a 2-bedroom condo in Fremont in 2010.

Wanted to also add that Sobrato High School is ranked at 545, while Washington High in Fremont is 742.

Didnt she say she got the school message around 5 or 6. I would think they left the message either on her land land or email. So it seems she gets home around that time and parents both mothers and fathers have been known to get in later than that due to their work schedules. Sierra wasnt a small child. At 15 she can fend for herself until her mom arrives.

IMO

Don't think that worked out so well...

This kid needs to be drug into the station, intero'd and have the crap scared out of him. MOO

That is what worries me. Some teens can know something but they will not tell even if the situation is serious.

IMO

The world we live in today scoffs at that philosophy. :moo: I wish Marlene LeMar listened to Dr. Laura...but I digress..

I Just started listening to her and i have to say she is one smart cookie!
nothing is as complicated as we make it seem!

and i agree raise your kids and forget the guys for the time being.
kids need stability,,,

That is what worries me. Some teens can know something but they will not tell even if the situation is serious.

IMO
99% likely he is just a little punk, but either way I'd haul him in. Maybe he'll think twice next time. Seriously, what is wrong with these kids?

If Sierra's mother left for work at 6 am every morning, she at least wasn't sitting in traffic at that time, probably took her no longer than 40-45 minutes to get there. If she left work at 3:30-4:00 pm, she may have been in some light traffic but not the 5:00-6:00 heavy traffic.

Doing a search on the mother, she bought a 2-bedroom condo in Fremont in 2010.

Wanted to also add that Sobrato High School is ranked at 545, while Washington High in Fremont is 742.

Fremont has a higher cost of living and housing...the schools and lifestyle are both ranked higher. It appears Marlese wanted a big house...and couldn't afford that type of house in Fremont, San Jose but could afford it in Morgan Hill.

Don't think that worked out so well...

Sadly it can happen to any child. Children her age can be gone in the blink of an eye even in broad daylight in a safe area. We have read about such cases right here.

And we really dont know if Sierra can fend for herself or not because we dont know if she left willingly or not.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member