Gas Cans

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
In the thread entitled "Myspace and Facebook comments" this line appears:
"Sun Jun 22nd 6pm – Tues Jun 24th 10am: Shed at family home broken into, 2 gas cans stolen by unknown thief."

I have not seen this reported before. Is this shed located at the Anthony home?

This is ominous!

In the thread entitled "Myspace and Facebook comments" this line appears:
"Sun Jun 22nd 6pm – Tues Jun 24th 10am: Shed at family home broken into, 2 gas cans stolen by unknown thief."

I have not seen this reported before. Is this shed located at the Anthony home?

This is ominous!

Yes, it's at their house in the backyard and the backyard is fenced. What I would like to know is if there were any other homes that had backyard break-ins at the same time. It's possible that some random person or persons just happened along and went into a fenced yard and broke into a locked shed and only took 2 gas cans with gas but rather unlikely.

Were the parents (Cindy and George) away from their home during the period of time when the shed was broken into?

Here is where I am confused: Casey was living at her parents' home. Baby Caylee is seen in video of June 15th. Then Casey has an argument with her mother and announces she is moving out, right? At some point she steals her mother's car. Were Cindy and George out of town when the car was taken and came home to find no car, no Casey and no Caylee?

Were the parents (Cindy and George) away from their home during the period of time when the shed was broken into?

Here is where I am confused: Casey was living at her parents' home. Baby Caylee is seen in video of June 15th. Then Casey has an argument with her mother and announces she is moving out, right? At some point she steals her mother's car. Were Cindy and George out of town when the car was taken and came home to find no car, no Casey and no Caylee?

With all the lies and misdirection it's hard to know exactly when Casey left home. I thought it was before the 15th but I really don't know. There was the video on the 15th taken by Cindy at the GGPs assisted living residence. I don't believe Casey stole the car....that was just a threat by Cindy to get Casey to tell her where Caylee is. Casey had full use of that car with her parents permission. Cindy & George didn't know anything about the car until they got a registered letter from the towing company on the 13th or so of July. George picked it up on the 16th of July and drove it home with all the windows down because of the smell. The towing company picked it up on the 30th of June after it had sit in the Amscot parking lot since 6-27.

http://www.automotive.com/1998/09/pontiac/sunfire/index.html the Car the poi was driving was a 98 Pontiac Sunfire. The above link demonstrates that for this particular car, the miles per gallon is 24 miles per gallon in the city and 34 miles per gallon on the highway.

June gas prices in Orlando florida were an average of 3.95. Grandpa stated around fifty dollars of gas were stolen 24 June. Not knowing when he filled those cans I will estimate at the June average price... which means there were arounnd 12.6 gallons of gas.
http://www.orlandogasprices.com/

The following is a theory.

POI killed her daughter on 24 June. Most likely accidental.

She knew she had to get rid of the body. She had no money and her car was on empty. She drives to her house between the hours of 8 and 10, backs into the driveway as she has her daughter's body in the trunk and the rear of the car has a lot of windows. She doesn't want her neighbor to see anything. She walks into the backyard to get gas cans out of the shed and finds the it is locked! She sees her neighbor doing yardwork in the back and asks to borrow a shovel. After the neighbor goes in to take a shower she breaks off the lock, gets the gas cans, and returns the shovel while neighbor is still in the shower and places the cans in the trunk. She drives to a secluded area to put the gas into the car and leaves the gas cans there or throws them into a dumpster somewhere.

She now has 12.6 gallons of gas in her pontiac sunfire. We know her car, when abandoned at amscott, was out of gas. 12.6 gallons of gas in a sunfire will go 302.4 miles. That would be 151.2 miles each way. So what locations can be around 150 miles from Orlando? Where could the poi have went on a 150 mile road trip... could she have dumped the body at this time?

I will be back to finish this after the server upgrade

Does anyone know what date Casey "moved out" of parents home as it seems the shed / gas was prior to anything regarding Caylee missing.. I was thinking maybe she still lived at home when the gas was taken and took it because parents didn't give her money for gas or whatever that day... Just thinking outloud :)

Does anyone know what date Casey "moved out" of parents home as it seems the shed / gas was prior to anything regarding Caylee missing.. I was thinking maybe she still lived at home when the gas was taken and took it because parents didn't give her money for gas or whatever that day... Just thinking outloud :)
the police report was filed june 24th. It can be found at the OCSD website and the page on this case.

You might be on to something! I hope the detectives think the way you do. She probably didn't use the entire fuel on that trip but could have gone somewhere like the Ocala National Forest, probably 90 miles or so one way. Or she could have headed down south in the central part of the state to somewhere in the Everglades.

Sorry about thinking the gas was missing prior to Caylee, have June/July messed up..

Though I do think she may have taken the gas to get to Jacksonville or something around that time especially with it being around same date others say they heard Caylee in the background.. I wish they could release her cell records lol, sure would make all the dates/places etc easier to track.

what if the gas was used to dispose of the body after it was transported back to the Anthony's home?

And now, I've read on another thread, George is claiming that he now knows who stole the gasoline cans! Okay, George, who stole them?

These parents remind me way too much of Lee and Jackie Peterson!

Next thing Cindy will be stating that Casey had her permission to take her charge cards and go out on a ($25-45,000???) spending spree!

By the way, what in God's name all could the girl have purchased to spend $25,000 let alone $45,000??? Was she purchasing an automobile or what?

I have not read the details of Cindy's "receipts". Has anyone read the details of these?

She spent $45,000 on her mother's credit card???:eek: In what period of time was this? was it days ,months?

I think this whole family is whacked, their priorities are all screwed up.

Tuesday night on NG it was stated that gas cans had been stolen from the shed before so the Casey's father didn't see this as a big deal. I will see if I can find transcripts from the show.

Here it is~

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/29/ng.01.html

"GRACE: You know, I`m just thinking back over this -- back out to Rory O`Neill with Metro Networks. I can tell you right now what my twins are wearing to bed tonight, and I`m not even there. How can she not know the last time she spoke to the baby-sitter that took off with her child, OK? That`s what I`m having a hard time taking in. What more can you tell me about this alleged break-in in the tool -- the tool shed of the family home?

O`NEILL: Well, late last month, it was Caylee`s grandfather, George Anthony, who had reported to the local sheriff`s department that someone had broken into the back yard shed and stolen a couple gasoline cans. This has happened a couple times in the past. Police were aware of it, or the detectives, rather, were aware of it. They don`t think it has any direct connection to the case, but it has happened, apparently, several times in the past, as well."

Now we know why Casey had to borrow the neighbor's shovel... her parents kept theirs in the same place as the gas.

But with the price of gas these days, I have to think most people lock up their gas supplies. And you'd lock it up for sure to keep young children from getting to it.

I can see George would assume ANYONE could have broken in & stolen the gas.

Assuming it was gas cans that were taken in at least one of the bags of evidence from the Anthony house yesterday, I have a lot of questions about them...

Who gave them back to George?
Were they actually in the trunk of the car that was impounded as is being reported?

If they were in the trunk, did Casey take them and put them there?

Let's say she did take them. What did she use them for?

To me, if Casey took the gas cans and they were found in the back of the trunk, I would wonder why she didn't just fill up her car and put them back to hide the theft. Why take them and put them in the trunk? Maybe because she didn't want the neighbors to see her filling the tank? Maybe because she used the gas for something else?

I really am leaning towards using the gas to fill up the tank. Specifically because the car was then empty by June 30th. Casey then goes to stay with Amy and steals money, so we know she was tapped out.

Assuming it was gas cans that were taken in at least one of the bags of evidence from the Anthony house yesterday, I have a lot of questions about them...

Were they actually in the trunk of the car that was impounded as is being reported?

To me, if Casey took the gas cans and they were found in the back of the trunk, I would wonder why she didn't just fill up her car and put them back to hide the theft. Why take them and put them in the trunk? Maybe because she didn't want the neighbors to see her filling the tank? Maybe because she used the gas for something else?

I really am leaning towards using the gas to fill up the tank. Specifically because the car was then empty by June 30th. Casey then goes to stay with Amy and steals money, so we know she was tapped out.

I haven't read everything here, so forgive me if it has already been said, but I can't help believing she used the gasoline to set fire to a body...to destroy evidence. I would hate for that to be true.

Just brainstorming, not saying this happened of course:

I assume gas in cans is used to fill ATV's, boats, jetski things, cycles. Possibly the gas was used in some other vehicle.

A reporter on Geraldo tonight said it had been gas cans taken ( for finger prints) and also that it was blood stains in trunk of car----that a lead investigator told her this.

In this "raw interview" video, Cindy talks about false information that the media is saying. One of the false statements that Cindy points out is: "George never said Casey stole gas". You will see George standing right behind Cindy.

It takes time to get to where she says this and it is repeated toward the end of the video.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17037822/index.html

There is a video out there where the media caught up with George and Cindy either before or possibly after a visit with Casey, when a reporter asked about the gas cans and George replied: I did find out who did it and they came back to me and that was the extent of it."

I can't remember if George was in a yellow shirt, or the printed t-shirt, and not sure if Cindy was wearing pink or that printed t-shirt.

If anyone here saw that video and has the link to the video, kindly post it here so I can look at it again. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back