Casey at Colonial High

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v33fko.jpg

15g6yc0.jpg

even in highschool her Interests = men!!!

how did you find this???

and i believe that looks like a facebook thing where it says her interest is men...you pick women, men, etc.

I have sitting here for two hours trying to figure out how to post the image Truth Seeker! lol I even registered at that stupid site, doh.

Are they any pictures of Caylee listed under the family link?

No - that was empty - :)

I don't think she necessarily dropped out - she just did not graduate - she was 1/2 credit shy IIRC.

but didn't she drop out of high school? why would someone doing that well in school drop out? does your friend know why?

She did drop out. I think I remember someone here saying that she only needed 1/2 credit or something like that it wasn't much. My friend said that the teacher believes she quit in spite of Cindy, I don't know how true that is but it kind of makes sense. The teacher said she was very smart and gifted. I'm going to try and send her (the teacher) an email and see if she will answer a few questions. She teaches at another school now nearby and I found her email addy there. I'm sure she would not want to be interviewed by NG or any thing like that as someone suggested but she may answer some questions for me since we do know each other. I'm going to run it past my friend first though and make sure that it would be OK to contact her that way. It's been years since we have talked to each other, and I wouldn't want to just surprise attack her with this.

I don't think she necessarily dropped out - she just did not graduate - she was 1/2 credit shy IIRC.

I think of not finishing school as dropping out, but you could be right. She may just not had enough credits to graduate. Doesn't really make sense though, maybe even if she was smart she still struggled with the advanced classes? I'm not sure.

There's been a lot of discussion about that. IMO there's something very wrong for someone NOT to graduate because they didn't have 1/2 a credit. 1/2 a credit is easy to pick up, and to opt to have no diploma rather than having one...strange. Most would just do whatever they had to to knock out half a credit. When you're that close...

Of course, this brings us back to consequences of actions. Would love to hear KC's take on this. What is a valid reason for not finishing 1/2 credit?

Something odd there, it could be the 1/2 credit stuff is the "story" CA tells...and the truth is she was short a lot of credits. Or, it could be something else, don't know.

With all the media attention, I am amazed that NG, GVS, and the local reporters have not interviewed Casey's teachers and fellow students.

Wonder why not?

I was just thinking the same thing. Especially Greta.

I was just thinking the same thing. Especially Greta.

Maybe they don't want to be interviewed? Who would want to be thrown in the middle of all this circus, and what would it really do in helping find Caylee? I don't see what good it would do myself, that was then and this is now.

Maybe they don't want to be interviewed? Who would want to be thrown in the middle of all this circus, and what would it really do in helping find Caylee? I don't see what good it would do myself, that was then and this is now.

I don't see anything good for the teachers or the HS. I'm guessing they have all been talked to about how they could be dragged into this mess, and to just avoid all media if they want to retain a shred of their privacy. I could see principals as well as unions talking to their staff/members this way.

I think of not finishing school as dropping out, but you could be right. She may just not had enough credits to graduate. Doesn't really make sense though, maybe even if she was smart she still struggled with the advanced classes? I'm not sure.

I think Casey is very smart.

There are many reasons an entitled "special" person wouldn't finish high school besides struggling to do the work.

Maybe Casey cut classes and when confronted by her mom said she did it because she'd been threatened and was "afraid" to be in school?

It looks like we are seeing more now of a pattern established long ago. Casey was doing whatever and mom made it right.

now more is making sense to me. my mother was VERY controlling and strict when i was younger. i had a midnight curfew at 19. it wasnt until i moved out and told her that i would never tell her where i lived that she relaxed. and then i went crazy. anyone from highschool would tell you the same thing as casey's teacher, i was quiet, shy and did not have many friends. now i am the exact opposite. i just have the feeling that CA did not let up on her. i too wanted to drop out of highschool in my senior year and just get my GED and go to college. maybe this was casey's plan too, but just got caught up in partying too much?
still doesnt make up for possibly killing your child though...

If Cindy was so wrapped up in her daughter's grades that she came to school to argue about the grades what would hurt her more than for Casey to QUIT SCHOOL. If Cindy was wrapped up in little Caylee (and it is obvious that she was crazy about her) what would hurt her more than to REMOVE Caylee from her life.
I would be willing to bet that Cindy was also one to harp about not being easy. What better way to rebel than to hang out in clubs dirty dancing. Very telling. It seems to be all about Casey VS Cindy but Caylee paid the price for all of it. Maybe she wants to be a lawyer because Cindy is angry with the legal system. Cindy doesn't like hispanic people. Look at how many of the boyfriends are hispanic. It's like an evil game with Casey.

If any of the Anthonys are reading this website, it won't take them long to figure out which teacher is slinging the dirt. I wonder if the teacher would want that known?

My impression has always been that Casey was kinda a "nerd" in high school. It wasn't until the past year that she "came into her own" in terms of appearance, self confidence, etc. And she went overboard.

You don't see her "real friends" at these Lake Vaj parties...........

If any of the Anthonys are reading this website, it won't take them long to figure out which teacher is slinging the dirt. I wonder if the teacher would want that known?

They may be able to figure out who the teacher is, but what dirt have I posted that she said? She only said that Casey was smart, Cindy was controlling, she seemed to not have many friends, was shy, didn't appear to be slutty. I don't really think that is called dirt, maybe I'm wrong. Knowing this teacher she probably really won't care what the Anthony's think of what she said.

Did anyone notice that casey has 12 friends and she is in the Top Friends list of 0 of her friends in my yearbook.com? Not very popular.

Did anyone notice that casey has 12 friends and she is in the Top Friends list of 0 of her friends in my yearbook.com? Not very popular.

Yeah I did notice that Sammi. Maybe they all removed their names when all this came about, I would.

I disagree. True accomplished helicopter parents are full time meddlers and excuse makers. It's easy to bully the teacher, neighbor, and anyone else in their kid's world when the kids are small, but once they get to junior high, high school, and beyond, watch out! Often Mommy and Daddy have no real clue of what their precious child is actually doing. The "special snowflake" was raised to feel very entitled, so the rules (or laws) really don't apply to them. The world is their oyster, and they are going to enjoy it regardless of how it affects others.

(Offspring of helicopter parents are sometimes (privately, of course) called snowflakes by weary teachers...because they are very unique,very individual, very special...you get the drift.) You can google it, by the way. :)

I guess we have different sources of information.:)

I'm a homeschooler, and our community has discussions re this topic fairly often (as we get unfairly criticized for many of the same reasons!)

Anyway, as far as I've been told, the term "helicopter parent" was coined by the college community to refer to the parents who can't cut the strings once their kid is away from home. Sometimes they even contact the professors via telephone or email to check up on assignments and/or to argue grades on behalf of their offspring. There was a very good article about it recently in either Newsweek or Time (can't remember which one because I read way too many articles, but I will try to find out). Colleges are really getting fed up with these parents. They are basically people who are so obsessed with their children's success that they can't bear to risk the children failing because for them it would be a personal failure.

[Excuse this part for being OT, but this topic drives me crazy because a lot of people compare homeschoolers to hoverers. My whole reason for homeschooling is to provide my child the ability to live her education as opposed to being confined to a classroom eight hours per day and reading about life in textbooks, not because I'm some kind of control freak who can't bear to let my kid out of my sight because I don't think she can handle things on her own.]

At any rate, that's one of the reasons I don't see CA as a helicopter. An enabler, yes...but I don't see a helicopter calling the police on her child, because that would put the dirty laundry out for public viewing. Of course, Caylee's existence must have complicated the mother-daughter dynamic to begin with, and perhaps at some point CA gave up her dreams for KC and pinned them all on Caylee...who knows, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff