IN - 3 women's bodies found in five months, NE side of Indianapolis

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Loy Ofsthon, 56 yrs. old
Selese Goss, 45 years old
Edna Wilson, 49 years old

http://wishtv.com/2014/06/10/homeowner-reacts-to-decomposing-bodies-found-in-neighborhood/

Homeowner reacts to decomposing bodies found in neighborhood

Several people who live on the northeast side of Indianapolis not only knew two women whose remains were found a block apart, they said the women knew each other.

The first body was found on June 2nd, near East 20th and Columbia Avenue and the skull of the second woman was found on June 5th in the 2200 block of Columbia Avenue.

24-Hour News 8 anchor Daniel Miller talked with a homeowner about her concerns.

JoAnna LeNoir has lived on the 2000 block Columbia Avenue since the 1960’s. She said a lot has changed on her street over the years. She said her block is becoming a dumping ground because she’s not getting any help trying to clean it up.

http://wishtv.com/2014/10/19/three-bodies-found-in-five-months-have-several-similarities/

3 bodies found in 5 months have similarities

The Marion County coroner’s office on Monday released autopsy details and toxicology test results for the two bodies found near each other in June.

The report says the bodies of 56-year-old Loy Ofsthon and 45-year-old Selese Goss were severely decomposed. The coroner was not able to determine a cause or manner of death for either woman. The report goes onto say that there were not signs of trauma to the bodies, but drug tests did come back positive for both.

http://wishtv.com/2014/10/19/coroner-identifies-body-found-near-downtown/

Coroner identifies body found near downtown

The Marion County Coroner has identified the body found near downtown Indianapolis on Saturday afternoon.

It's only 2.5 hours from Indianapolis, IN. to Gary, IN.

Just throwing that information out there.

Whoa!

When I first saw the info about these bodies found in Indianapolis, I immediately thought of Darren Deon Vann, the man alleged to have killed 7 in Gary. But when I saw that it's a 2 1/2 hour drive and the women were quite a few years older than Vann, I thought it was most likely not him. Well, I just came across an article in the Daily Mail, that when Vann was married, the woman was 29 years older than him! :eek:

Now my hinky meter is in over-drive.

all AA
all older women
found in area of deserted houses

My bet is, LE is already all over this. We'll see.

JMHO
fran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-s-accused-killing-seven-women-20-years.html

Suspected Indiana serial killer's marriage to a woman 29 years older than him

It's only 2.5 hours from Indianapolis, IN. to Gary, IN.

Just throwing that information out there.
The drive actually took about 5 hours or longer. The road goes though towns and has many stop lights such as Kokomo. I have driven it many times, it was boring and long plus full of speed traps. I doubt he drove down there to kill unless he had a direct reason to be in Indy. They just finished some parts of the bypass in the last few months but it's still longer than 2.5 hours.

Whoa!

When I first saw the info about these bodies found in Indianapolis, I immediately thought of Darren Deon Vann, the man alleged to have killed 7 in Gary. But when I saw that it's a 2 1/2 hour drive and the women were quite a few years older than Vann, I thought it was most likely not him. Well, I just came across an article in the Daily Mail, that when Vann was married, the woman was 29 years older than him! :eek:

Now my hinky meter is in over-drive.

all AA
all older women
found in area of deserted houses

My bet is, LE is already all over this. We'll see.

JMHO
fran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-s-accused-killing-seven-women-20-years.html

Suspected Indiana serial killer's marriage to a woman 29 years older than him

I'm right there with you, it's straight down I-65

We are in the process of moving from NW Indiana to Indy, and make trips often. We are about 1/2 hour closer to Indy than Gary, and it takes us 2 hours to get there, so I imagine it would take 2 1/2 hours from Gary. You can take I-65 all the way to Indy, and then get on the 465 bypass to get to east side of Indy.

We are in the process of moving from NW Indiana to Indy, and make trips often. We are about 1/2 hour closer to Indy than Gary, and it takes us 2 hours to get there, so I imagine it would take 2 1/2 hours from Gary. You can take I-65 all the way to Indy, and then get on the 465 bypass to get to east side of Indy.
That is a different route then I take but I am further west and took old US 31 and it's terrible. They do have a great deal of construction all around Indy, so that will slow anyone down. It could be Vann was there murdering women, but then again there are many murders in Indy and these woman are older than his other victims. I really hope Vann is still talking to LE, but now since he must have a lawyer present I am doubtful.

You'll love it mitzi! I've lived in Indy for over 35 years wouldn't live any place else :)

Son says mother carried $10,000 before death | Fox 59

INDIANAPOLIS – When IMPD homicide detectives found the remains of Selese Goss, the head of the westside woman was separated from her body. Investigators have called in a forensic anthropologist to determine if Goss was murdered.

Goss’ teenage son (DAG) admits he’s enraged at the thought of how his mother’s life may have ended.

“I’m still a kid. I still love my mother. I still want her to be around so when heard about that, it just set me off.”

The body of the 45-year-old Goss was found June 5th in an alley near the intersection of 22nd Street and Columbia Avenue.

Three days earlier the body of Loy E. Ofsthun, 56, was found a block and half away in a vacant lot in the 2000 block of Columbia Avenue.

(snip)

“I’m far from mad. I’m far from angry,” Goss said as he said on a porch across town from where his mother’s body was found. “I’m dead on the verge of going on a killing spree in my mind.”

(snip)

In early May witnesses watched as she rolled out of a moving car in the 2800 block of Dr. Andrew J. Brown Avenue, not far from where her body was discovered a month later.

She said her boyfriend held her hostage for four days as he insisted they marry.

On Mother’s Day weekend, Goss asked her son to call her a cab to take her from the home where she lived on North Berwick Avenue.

“The only thing that was unusual was that she took almost $10,000 with her than day,” said DAG (redacted). “That was the first time I saw her walk around with that much money in her purse.”

On May 23rd, a week after the Goss children last saw their mother, Indianapolis firefighters were called to put out flames at her home.

On June 4th Goss was reported missing. The next day her body was discovered.

“My mom had some friends over there who were also dealing with being addicted to crack and all that and they were calling and talking about how they saw her and (her boyfriend) were fighting over there and he was beating on her and she was swinging on him but they said it had something to do with the money that she had on her,” said DAG (redacted).

Detectives told Fox 59 News that Goss ran with a tough crowd on the eastside and investigators hope some of her acquaintances, perhaps enticed by a $1000 Crimestoppers reward, will provide information about her death.

(snip)

“My mom was a good person. I know that,” he said. “She might’ve been doing all these things and everything. She might’ve been hooking around and all that but I know my mom. She cared about me and she cared about my little sister and she cared about our family and even though she was doing those things, she was never going to stop loving us.”

via http://fox59.com/2014/06/11/son-says-mother-carried-10000-before-death/

:(

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3202d77f.gif

Forensic psychologist: Police should consider possibility of serial killer in Indianapolis

A local forensic psychologist is asking police to look at the recent deaths of three women and consider the possibility that a serial killer is to blame.

The bodies of three women were found last year in the 2000 block of Columbia Avenue. Officers with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and a University of Indianapolis psychologist don’t believe it’s a coincidence their remains showed up just four months apart.

"We have to come together as a community. Don't just leave this to the police. We need to be all out there keeping our eyes open. This is something that's nothing to play with. This is serious," said forensic psychologist Margie Keaton.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

I just came across this and I realized prostitutes started going missing around 2010 in indianapolis and Shannon Gilbert went missing in 2010 in Long Island. Everything I've read about the LISK points to him changing his location around this time. Criminal profiles, etc.. Could this be the same person? Several bodies were found in a new dumping ground and the killings started right around the same time they stopped in long island. They were all prostitutes in both cases. Would be glad to hear somebody elses thoughts.

"Metro police have active investigations into the disappearances of a number of women who range in age from their late teens to their mid-40s. The lengths of their disappearances range from a couple of months to several years."

"Price said many of his missing person cases all had similar backgrounds and lifestyles -- including arrests for prostitution."

I just came across this and I realized prostitutes started going missing around 2010 in indianapolis and Shannon Gilbert went missing in 2010 in Long Island. Everything I've read about the LISK points to him changing his location around this time. Criminal profiles, etc.. Could this be the same person? Several bodies were found in a new dumping ground and the killings started right around the same time they stopped in long island. They were all prostitutes in both cases. Would be glad to hear somebody elses thoughts.

"Metro police have active investigations into the disappearances of a number of women who range in age from their late teens to their mid-40s. The lengths of their disappearances range from a couple of months to several years."

"Price said many of his missing person cases all had similar backgrounds and lifestyles -- including arrests for prostitution."

It's unlikely that they are related in my opinion and although its not an opinion shared by everyone, I don't think Ms. Gilbert's death was as a result of homicide. As for this case in Indy I think there's a chance the guy in this article below could be responsible. Although there are differences in the 3 victims and the one they arrested him for, the timing and the nature of the two set's of the crimes make me think it could be him. So coincidence with SG in LI but maybe not a coincidence with these cases in Indy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2844217/Ex-convict-charged-Indianapolis-teens-death.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back