TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Headed down...call say little.”

Another interpretation of this could be: Say little cause my cell phone is tapped?

Which gives me hope because she could have ditched the phone.

I had thought it was her telling AD not to text, but you bring some thoughts up. . .

Or her jeep. Maybe someone placed a tracker on her vehicle too? If that's true and "things" we're coming back to her from GP concerning who she talked to, where she had been, etc.....it would make you paranoid and think someone was following you. Would someone be able to get online and get up to date phone activity from her a/c?

Here's a strange story about another local missing woman, Nancy Williams, and most probably unrelated, but the place they found her car was really strange. And they still haven't found her.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_201760.asp

The car of a missing East Ridge woman has been found in a remote section of Sequatchie County. Sheriff Ronnie Hitchcock said the car belonging to 68-year-old Nancy Williams was found on a side road on Fredonia Mountain.

Sheriff Hitchcock said the car was locked, and the keys were not in it. He said there was no damage to the car.
Authorities have brought in search dogs to aid in the search.
There has been no recent activity on her cellphone.

For those outside the area, East Ridge is southern suburb of Chattanooga. Sequatchie County is northwest of Signal Mountain, where the town of Dunlap is located. None of this makes much sense, even though the husband in this case said his wife was suffering headaches before she disappeared.

ETA: Looking at a map of where Fredonia Mountain is, imagine going down 127 (Taft Highway) from Signal Mt. to Dunlap, then back up the Cumberland Plateau on Fredonia Road, a 2000 ft. mountain. This story kind of gives me the creeps for some reason. Why would a 68 year old woman drive over Signal and over another mountain by herself, then get out of her car and leave it there?

Just thinking today that possibly Gail has driven to a safe house (or been driven) due to family disturbances documented. Just so hard to fathom that her vehicle has not been spotted anywhere.

Gail is the 2nd mysterious person missing here in Tennessee within a short time. First Holly Bobo and now Gail...

And also:

**This is also just a short distance from Dunlap.....???
http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14686326

reading about this last night, so close to home, was somewhat shocking...

The issue first came up because there have been people who say that putting this in the media might embarrass Matt. MacGyver reported someone even made anonymous call(s) saying that the fliers for Gail might embarrass Matt, and she had probably just run off anyway.

The reason it came up Friday is because someone posted that the family didn't want "certain ones" to get info. I don't think many of us understood what that person was saying, and we just wanted to clarify, because it sounded a little like someone near the family was saying that they DIDN'T want certain media attention. Here's the post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

I'm sorry...It was late at night when I posted. I meant to imply that this is happening often and so perhaps it could be a case of constant purposeful mis-information...and why should anyone wish to do that?

No need to apologize, fbx. I agree, I don't know why people would say not to take this public, but a few people have.

bolded by me.

Hmmmm...."call say little" --what could that mean?

My guess is that the kids were in the car, so Gail didnt want a lot of probing questions she couldnt answer in front of them. :twocents:

I had thought it was her telling AD not to text, but you bring some thoughts up. . .

Or her jeep. Maybe someone placed a tracker on her vehicle too? If that's true and "things" we're coming back to her from GP concerning who she talked to, where she had been, etc.....it would make you paranoid and think someone was following you. Would someone be able to get online and get up to date phone activity from her a/c?

BBM-wow I missed something...I will go back and re read the thread...

Believe09,

IMHO...just a local perspective

Regarding the current in the local waterways. The river (at the base and running through Chattanooga) definitely has the strength, speed and depth to conceal and/or carry a vehicle. Large vessels and barges use this area on a regular basis.

The river here is not "flooded" and nothing is impeding local recreation or commerce in the vacinity.

The smaller creeks on the mountain and around the base have been higher than normal after the rains, but water levels seem to be going down quite a bit. A couple of spots I have been watching have gone down too low to conceal a Jeep. Also, most of the creeks around are very curvy and rocky with boulders jutting out...most likely a vehicle would just get jammed-in stuck if it were to enter.

Also, here on the mountain most of these could be easily walked/searched. If the locals here could take a little time and visually check their property these areas could be expediantly cleared. Please keep in mind that although a lot of creeks show up on the map it is not as ominous as it looks. For example, one of those adjoins my property and is at an 3 year record high of about 9" (inches) deep and 2 1/2' (feet) at it's widest. During heavy rains it does swell to about 4' (feet) deep and get up to 80' (feet) wide. Subsides back to normal about an hour after the rain stops.

I guess that what I am trying to share with those who can't actually experience it here locally, is that although there may be a few spots in the immediate vacinity which could be concealing a Jeep, unless it is in the river itself, I am more inclined to think it would be in the woods, down a gully. Is common knowledge here that there a several out of the way ledges and caves for an individual to camp if they were inclined to do so or if they were injured (God forbid), and could not walk to safety.

Forgive me please as I add one more thing regarding cell phones and then I promise to give all of you a reprieve. The locals here will understand and may not give it much thought...one of the things that you just learn to live with on the mountain is very sporadic and sometimes sporadic cell and car satellite signals. Coming up and down the mountain it is not uncommon to disconnect and reconnect two or three times with either.

Again, thank you for letting me try to help by shedding some local light on the geography. Just trying to help bring Gail home!

This is outstanding information and I thank you!

I missed the post referencing that someone had placed a tracker on a vehicle, presumably MP's? Anyone have a link to the post? TIA

Hi, Sleuthy-was this in reference to my question? Or was this additional media...

Hi, Sleuthy-was this in reference to my question? Or was this additional media...
Thought you might like to read the interesting comment placed towards the bottom of the article. I also, wasn't sure if this article had been posted on WS yet. So I thought I would share. ~~ More comments with regard to SMM case, especially since Bryan Hoss was defense Counsel for the accused too, if I remember correctly. ~~If not please advise ~~thank you.:silenced:

Thanks Sleuthy1-I know how hard this is not to rip into all of the rumor being posted elsewhere. I have to say that (possibly) being less than a stellar husband who clearly isnt sad his wife is gone (imho) doesnt mean he had something to do with her disappearance in the sinister sense.

There are all kinds of ways to apply pressure that might contribute. Nuff said. Or not, for that matter.

Once we see confirmation in mainstream media, have at it. Peace.

Thought you might like to read the interesting comment placed at the bottom of the article. I also, wasn't sure if this article had been posted on WS yet. So I thought I would share.

Speaking of the Signal Mnt murders...does anyone have the geographical coordinates for where the atv's and the men were found?

Weather History for Chattanooga, TN
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Reference Information

Max Temperature: 81 °F
Min Temperature: 49 °F
Precipitation: 0.00 in
Max Wind Speed: 16 mph
Max Gust Speed: 25 mph

Hourly Conditions:

Time: 11:53 AM
Temp: 72.0 °F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Wind Speed: 3.5 mph
Conditions: Scattered Clouds

Time: 12:53 PM
Temp: 73.9 °F
Wind Speed: 8.1 mph
Conditions: Scattered Clouds

Time: 1:53 PM
Temp: 77.0 °F
Wind Speed: 8.1 mph
Gust Speed: 19.6 mph
Conditions: Clear

Time: 2:53 PM
Temp: 78.1 °F
Wind Speed: 5.8 mph
Gust Speed: N/A
Conditions: Partly Cloudy

Time: 3:53 PM
Temp: 80.1 °F
Wind Speed: 12.7 mph
Gust Speed: 25.3 mph
Conditions: Partly Cloudy

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCHA/2011/4/30/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

This is outstanding information and I thank you!

Thank you for that info. Regarding the cell service...this is traveling up or down the mountain- not at the top or bottom, where cell service is good. Is that correct?

In my experience, vehicles can travel in a river such as the TN quite farther than one might think, especially with with onset of rain and severe weather. There are quite a few 'whirlpools' and whatnot that can toss even a heavy vehicle around quite a bit. If Gail's vehicle went into the river, I think it would have gotten hung up in the rocky area S of the bridge.

That said- I can completely see the gorge situation as well. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member