Guard Involved in Shawshank Jailbreak Commits Suicide

Either he took his job to heart or was guilty somehow and couldn't handle it. It's interesting that he did this right before he was going to be interviewed today for the 1st time since the escape.

He left behind a 4 yr old child. How sad is that? :(

Either he took his job to heart or was guilty somehow and couldn't handle it. It's interesting that he did this right before he was going to be interviewed today for the 1st time since the escape.

He left behind a 4 yr old child. How sad is that? :(

My thoughts exactly, TM.... We'll never know though and if he really didn't have anything to do with the escape then this makes it look like he did... What a sad choice he made.

I really doubt he had anything at all to do with the escape, my thought is the escapees held a grudge towards him and did what they could to make him look like he was involved. Inmates are a funny bunch, some things the average person in the outside world wouldn't think a thing about can get them very upset. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

VB

My dearest Squishified,:blowkiss:
Hello my dear friend.
The Officer took his job to heart and the inmates knew that.

Thank-you for posting this thread.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

I finished reading the article and want to point out 2 important tthings.
1. The prison break was not the Shawshank jailbreak that had a movie made about it. The article title reads-
Guard Named in New Jersey 'Shawshank'-Style Jailbreak Commits Suicide.

2. The article futher states that the guard appeared to be innocent.

A very sad innocent.

I feel SO sorry for the officer and his family. There is a chat board where officers from the prison talk. One mentioned that if he had been fired, he would lose his pension, but by killing himself, his family will receive part of it, although no insurance. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back