Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to stay focused on locating Brooke Bennett, personnel from the Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations (CUSI) have been called to further investigate the sexual assault for which Jacques was arrested.

http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/press/press_062908b_royalton.html (Bolded by me)

Clarification from LE.

Finally LE sees a possible connection with the uncle. You know, they had to have known from the get-go that he was a RSO. And yet they adamantly stated that this is a case about myspace. Based on what? The story an RSO gave them? An RSO would be the last person I would believe. I wonder if they'll still be so adamant about myspace at the presser today? :waitasec:

We never learned which family member found the items belonging to Brooke, but I bet it was the uncle since they were found closer to his home.
Sad, really. Even more sad if the mom knew about his past.

We never learned which family member found the items belonging to Brooke, but I bet it was the uncle since they were found closer to his home.
Sad, really. Even more sad if the mom knew about his past.

So earlier reports were that the uncle lived in Brookfield and the items were found in Brookfield on Hwy 65. But the RSO site and media are reporting that he lived in Randolph center. It appears he had not informed officials of his current address.

So earlier reports were that the uncle lived in Braintree and the items were found in Brookfield on Hwy 65. But the RSO site and media are reporting that he lived in Randolph center. It appears he had not informed officials of his current address.

Wow, just got caught up here. I'm waaaay back to being hinky about the uncle...I think LE was all along but they kept putting the MySpace thing out there to keep the uncle from catching on that they were investigating him....sadly, my hopes for Brooke being ok are fading. :(

LE will have a news conference this afternoon about the investigation but the article doesn't say what time. The article also mentions that Brooke was last seen leaving the store with Jacques and her cousin. The cousin isn't on the video so this part is kind of confusing since Brooke and the uncle went separate ways on video.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8576795

Finally LE sees a possible connection with the uncle. You know, they had to have known from the get-go that he was a RSO. And yet they adamantly stated that this is a case about myspace. Based on what? The story an RSO gave them? An RSO would be the last person I would believe. I wonder if they'll still be so adamant about myspace at the presser today? :waitasec:

The LE could have said that so that the Uncle would relax and possibly take them to her. IMO

I am not sure if this was posted.
Rumors Hard On Missing Girl's Family

Randolph, Vermont - June 28, 2008
Another day of searching on Saturday, and still no sign of missing 12-year-old, Brooke Bennett. Brooke's family is holding out hope that their daughter will be found safe and alive, but the rumors around town are making the search difficult to bear.
Missing poster signs hang in the windows of storefronts in downtown Randolph, where Brooke Bennett was last seen on Wednesday morning. On many, people have added the words, 'still missing.' That's because there have been rumors that the young girl was found dead yesterday in Sunset Lake in Brookfield.
"There was an issue yesterday in South Royalton that they were taking posters down," said Brooke's father, Jim Bennett. "She wasn't found dead. The rumors aren't true."

There is also a video.
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8574397&nav=menu183_2

In a video on WCAX the father says that he has not talked to the uncle, about Brooke's Disappearence. He has met him, but he really dont know him. I'm sorry, but I would have talked to him anyway if he was the last one to see my daughter and leave her in a parking lot all by her self.

Wow, just got caught up here. I'm waaaay back to being hinky about the uncle...I think LE was all along but they kept putting the MySpace thing out there to keep the uncle from catching on that they were investigating him....sadly, my hopes for Brooke being ok are fading. :(

There still talking about myspace. They still think that she went to meet someone. He was not being charged with her dissappearence just the sexual assault charges.

I sure do hope that are all over his house/yard and the area between the home and where the clothes were found.

My heart breaks for this family.

I think we are going to find that the uncle has been suspected all along and the reason they aren't saying it yet is because they are waiting on him to talk. With him in jail, they can really put the pressure on him about Brooke. Now, their concern is to find her whereabouts immediately and he is in a position for them to "bargain" with him.

If they do still believe the internet was used, the uncle could be the one behind it by using a fake name, photos, etc. (RSOs are not allowed on myspace) Could be that the reason she spent the night with uncle was because he knew about the "meeting" because he set it up.

By the way, it is coming up on Fox next. They were just reporting on what we already know, but talk like the presser might be earlier (I hope so!). They said they were "awaiting" the presser which they usually doesn't start saying until near time for one. Stay tuned.

How horrible this is!!!

And you know what? I am pissed off!
This poor little girl having her own myspace which was not monitored by her parent and then being allowed to hang out with a SEX OFFENDER!

When I read the article today about her uncle (and it seems to always be the uncle or moms boyfriend who is the creep) being a RSO, it made me sick and now I really believe this poor little girl is no longer with us.

I want to know who allowed this girl to be with this animal and I want the person charged. You do not allow your child to be with a rapist. EVER. I don't care if its dear Uncle Steve who just had that one incident 10 years ago, the freak is not safe!

Another example why we should never ever allow rapists out of jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member