LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the post from his relative.

Thanks. I wonder if that poster has been WS verified and if that poster has returned?

The rental-car poster just dumped that stuff and vanished. Makes for chaos.

I feel like we may be building a detailed case against BSL based upon some bad facts.

I would prefer to go off of established facts, and then add these pieces/rumors last.

This is a long shot, but I've been curious about any possible connection between Brandon Scott Lavergne and the unsolved murder of Jessica Hawk in New Orleans. Here's a bit of background for anyone not familiar with the case:

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/the-murder-of-jessica-hawk/Content?oid=1350151

As per his listing on the Louisiana sex offender registry, Lavergne was released from prison on Saturday, August 9th, 2008. Hawk's body was discovered in her home early on Monday, August 11th. Police have stated that they believe Hawk was murdered either Friday night or some time on Saturday.

Given the time frame, it's hard to imagine that Lavergne went straight from prison to go murder someone within hours. Still, I'm willing to entertain the thought.

Hawk was stabbed to death, and while Mickey Shunick's cause of death is obviously unknown for now, we do know that Lavergne received significant knife wounds. A suspicious person was seen looking into Hawk's windows before her murder, and we know that Lavergne gained access to his victim's home through a window in his 2000 sexual assault conviction.

According to this blog post, the suspicious person was seen outside Hawk's home on Friday, August 8th, 2008. If Lavergne was in prison until Saturday, August 9th, he couldn't have been the person peeking into her windows. However, the witness to the peeping tom episode is famous around town for being a bit kooky, and it's possible he got the dates mixed up. Or, it's also possible that the release date listed on the sex offender registry is off by a day or two. Like I said, it's a stretch, but I'm willing to imagine.

For reference, here's a sketch of the man seen looking into Hawk's window:

http://rexdingler.blogspot.com/2008/08/wanted-for-questioning-in-death-of.html

The drawing and the image that appears in Lavergne's earlier mugshot aren't entirely dissimilar. This is the particular photo I'm referring to:

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-scott-lavergne-was-being-monitored/

Any opinions?

I'm gonna guess not connected due to this statement in the article...

DNA tests — whose results came more than six months after her murder — yielded no suspects.
BBM
And since BSL had just done prision for a sex crime I'm pretty sure they had his DNA to match. ( But I would have wondered the same:yes:)

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/the-murder-of-jessica-hawk/Content?oid=1350151

Spring, TX came into it as far as I know, due to the alleged rental car. And the fact that he seems to have relatives there.

No-it has not been confirmed by LE, to my knowledge, that he was in Spring, just that they knew how he got back from TX.

It sounds cooler, not to mention more likely, than his gas station in the middle of the day story...I am sure he never thought the two stories would "meet".

That occurred to me, too. Sounds less manly to get jumped at a gas station than to get jumped on Bourbon.... so, again, there may not actually be a meaningful discrepancy.

I want to avoid prematurely convicting BSL - so that my vision will stay clear - especially because I am a registered voter and a potential juror.

I do believe that I could be an impartial juror in this case, despite being a local, and being acquainted with MS' sister.

Spring, TX came into it as far as I know, due to the alleged rental car. And the fact that he seems to have relatives there.

No-it has not been confirmed by LE, to my knowledge, that he was in Spring, just that they knew how he got back from TX.

Thank you for that.

For now, I am going to label his being in Spring, Texas, a big, fat rumor, and nothing more.

Here we go again !
Not mentioned in livestream news so far:

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3
KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
12 minutes ago
Volunteer search crews are searching fields near Brandon Lavergne's home. A few St. Landry Parish deputies are assisting with four wheelers. There are no new developments, but volunteers want to check and clear nearby fields.

Where is Mickey? Time to get medieval on his *advertiser censored* IMO :banghead:

Any news after this search?

I got the goose bumps!

hmm.... 4 years ago...
3103943176a8__1342226232000.png

But that mug shot is from his first crime in 1999....?

I don't think this is him.

That occurred to me, too. Sounds less manly to get jumped at a gas station than to get jumped on Bourbon.... so, again, there may not actually be a meaningful discrepancy.

I want to avoid prematurely convicting BSL - so that my vision will stay clear - especially because I am a registered voter and a potential juror.

I do believe that I could be an impartial juror in this case, despite being a local, and being acquainted with MS' sister.

There's almost no way you would be a juror because of your involvement in the case.

Thanks. I wonder if that poster has been WS verified and if that poster has returned?

I feel like we may be building a detailed case against BSL based upon some bad facts.

I would prefer to go off of established facts, and then add these pieces/rumors last.

He did say yesterday that he was filling out the questions to be verified and he also said that he called LE about the New Orleans incident after he was encouraged by posters here. Shortly after he posted, it came out in MSM about BSL's NOLA hospital visit.

There's almost no way you would be a juror because of your involvement in the case.

Well, the thing is that I hadn't seen CS for 18 months and was an acquaintance, and though I am sorry about the pain the family is going through I also have a completely open mind about BSL and am pretty methodical. Folks with my mindset may be pretty hard to find in Lafayette. I can definitely say that I never would vote to convict BSL unless the evidence warranted it, acquaintance or not. I believe in fair trials.

As I have stated in my introduction to this site, Mickey’s friends on the FINDMICKEYNOW fb page and on channel 10 fb page commented several times that she was known to carry a box cutter (im not sure if that’s 100% true) but it was mentioned early on in her disappearance. I think it’s creditable so there for im trying to hunt down the info so I can post the link. I think (in my opinion) that Mickey some how managed to get it out or maybe she saw his truck following her (maybe that’s why she didn’t go her original route IMO) and quickly took it out. Whatever the case I think she surprised attacked him (his wound on his neck is straight, like a cut from a box cutter IMO) his wounds were non life threatening but are consistent with a struggle him being the aggressor IMO.

BBM: The size of the wound on BSL's neck would be consistent with the size of a box cutter blade, wouldn't it?

A059C02BF91E729A43EB41C5E6930232_600_600.jpg

http://www.katc.com/images/thumbnails/A059C02BF91E729A43EB41C5E6930232_600_600.jpg

He did say yesterday that he was filling out the questions to be verified and he also said that he called LE about the New Orleans incident after he was encouraged by posters here. Shortly after he posted, it came out in MSM about BSL's NOLA hospital visit.

This is true - heard a radio report a couple hours ago about "new information about BSL's actions prior to his arrest," talking about the E.R. visit.

In the old cowboy movies he would have had some corrupt doctor to patch him up so cops wouldn't have been called.

I'm wondering if the wounds truly were serious enough to need hospital attention, or whether he purposely visited Ochsner with his assault story to establish an alibi to his family and others for the wounds, and lead them to believe that he had been in NOLA for a few days.

You'd think that he wouldn't have wanted to go to the E.R. unless he really had to.

In earlier posts people were saying maybe he went in to the E.R. to establish an alibi and I figured that was silly because why wouldn't you just go to a bar or WalMart and get a receipt. Your post clarified for me that he was setting up an alibi as to why he was all cut up. Now I get it!

An impartial juror would not be posting on a thread about Mickey. Sorry, there's no way the defense or prosecution would allow you to be chosen for jury duty. No way at all.

I've been keeping up for the most part, and haven't heard Bourbon St. either regarding MS. Think poster is confusing with Jaren's murder.

Sorry, but I'm not confusing anything in this case. According to an article that appeared in The Independent, Lavergne explained the scar on his neck by telling a hairdresser that he'd been attacked on Bourbon Street.

I'm pretty sure it was this article, which has since been edited:

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

Well, the thing is that I hadn't seen CS for 18 months and was an acquaintance, and though I am sorry about the pain the family is going through I also have a completely open mind about BSL and am pretty methodical. Folks with my mindset may be pretty hard to find in Lafayette. I can definitely say that I never would vote to convict BSL unless the evidence warranted it, acquaintance or not. I believe in fair trials.

A family acquaintance might not keep you off the jury although it kept me off one. The attorneys will want to know if you've heard about the case, if you're read about the case,etc. They do not want a tainted jury. You more than likely would know more about it than Joe Blow off the street. They do not want a conviction overturned so they will want a jury as ignorant as possible about the case. It's supposed to be a clean slate and with your knowledge, it wouldn't be clean.

I dunno, Chicken Fried. Looks to me like the facts are stacking up nicely. IMO. Here are just a few:

It's a fact he went to the ER at Ochsner Medical Center on 05/19/2012 with injuries he claimed were sustained in a random assault/stabbing.

It's a fact he reported his driver's license was stolen in the attack.

It's a fact he was arrested on an outstanding charge for altering his driver's license.

It's a fact that he reported his truck stolen in Montgomery County, TX on 05/31/2012, and on the same day his truck was found burned in San Jacinto County. Also a fact.

It's a fact that he later purchased the same type of truck on 06/04/2012.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120712/NEWS01/120712025/New-Brandon-Lavergne-charge-led-new-mugshot?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

http://theadvocate.com/news/3334883-123/New-Developments-in-Shunick-case

http://www.katc.com/news/additional...e-surrounding-mickey-shunick-s-disappearance/

While I tend to believe the story about the rental car is true, I can take it or leave it because it's not terribly significant, all other facts considered. :moo:

Attachments

• JPSOCrimeReport OCHSNER MAY 19.pdf
    101 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads