Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the indictment has been handed down and it looks, at this point, to be headed to trial, I have a question for any WS'ers who know about lawyers, trials, etc.

From what I understand, JB probably does not know, nor would he want to know exactly what Casey did. At what point, if any, would he try to talk to her about pleading guilty to a lesser charge or perhaps try for a plea bargain? He knows, from the discovery process, that everything she has told LE is a lie, and they have proved that. He has to know, just from reading the documents that her stories just don't make sense. While JB is not as seasoned as say, Nejame, he has tried cases before, and I can't imagine he does not see how weak her case is.

Does anyone think he HAS been trying, in her best interests, to get her to cooperate, come clean, tell the truth, etc. and she has refused. If this is the case, he has no choice but to go forward. I guess what I am trying to get at is that does there come a point, for a defense attorney, when they throw up their hands trying to get their client to face reality, and just do the best they can with what they are given?

Now that the indictment has been handed down and it looks, at this point, to be headed to trial, I have a question for any WS'ers who know about lawyers, trials, etc.

From what I understand, JB probably does not know, nor would he want to know exactly what Casey did. At what point, if any, would he try to talk to her about pleading guilty to a lesser charge or perhaps try for a plea bargain? He knows, from the discovery process, that everything she has told LE is a lie, and they have proved that. He has to know, just from reading the documents that her stories just don't make sense. While JB is not as seasoned as say, Nejame, he has tried cases before, and I can't imagine he does not see how weak her case is.

Does anyone think he HAS been trying, in her best interests, to get her to cooperate, come clean, tell the truth, etc. and she has refused. If this is the case, he has no choice but to go forward. I guess what I am trying to get at is that does there come a point, for a defense attorney, when they throw up their hands trying to get their client to face reality, and just do the best they can with what they are given?

No I don't think he has been trying to pry her to talk and tell. He is playing into her games. I think reality set in yesterday when she was finally indicted and it showed on KC this morning at the appearance. JB is not doing anything in her favor. Everytime he talks he makes it worse for her and what happened yesterday with the switched cars is one example. He didn't play by the LE's rule when it came time to arrest her. LE said there was no deal for the bail bondsman to hand KC in so that was one lie JB told the media. The undercovers were very lucky to be following her becuase god knows what would have happened if they hadn't. He is also not professional in my eyes he constantly smirks and laughs when reporters are asking questions.

I thank god JB is not qualified to represent her in the murder trial becuase if he was she will lose miserably. Now KC has to pay for a good defense lawyer because no lawyer will take this for a percentage or probono.

I bet Baez is relieved to have his office back today!!!

I don't think he's court appointed.

I believe Casey chose him.

He's probably representing Casey pro bono, for the massive publicity this case is getting.

Though the publicity he's getting is not flattering.

Look for JB to step back in his role as lead attorney. He is not qualified to remain 1st chair on this case. This case has received enough media coverage that a first rate media pimp/attorney will be taking this case soon.

There will be no speedy trial because the evidence is too strong which is why the GJ was able to arrive at a indictment in just 30 minutes.
The legal team will need to go through the evidence and try to pick it apart item by item.

This will give LE time to find Caylee's body before trial.

I hate to say this but I am sick of George and Cindy going on TV and making their stupid claims that Caylee is still alive. Though even after the funeral they will still deny that Casey killed her own daughter.

From: http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/10/15/casey_anthony_to_appear_in_court.html

"Black said right now the case has not been declared a capital murder trial, and said Baez has been preparing for this possible scenario, and has a team of attorneys, including one that can handle a capital murder case."

As discussed on NG last night: Why didn't JB ask for a speedy trial?

It was said on NG that he might be stalling on the speedy trial to make a deal with the state/LE or he is not at all ready hence the stalling. I wonder who is going to pay for this team of attorneys. As it was said on NG many times a murder trial does not come cheap. Also don't forget Black's famous slip up yesterday that says he believes Caylee is dead. I wonder what Baez thinks of that. See below for interview.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17726839/index.html

I've been worried about this from day one when I found out he has limited experience and I'm guessing he has NO experience with a true sociopath.

This is a troubling case.

JB can't make her face reality because she makes her own reality everyday. It's a mental defect that unless he has been trained to deal with this disorder, she'll end up turning his life upside down while he tries to make sense out of her world, her version, her lies.
Look what she's done to the people around her, close to her.
They have all been victims and her little child is gone.

I want her to have the best, most experienced representation.
For her to have every opportunity that the law allows, we must insist that her defense is sound and experienced.

Her case is important.
This should be a learning lesson to all young mothers who drug their kids to go partying, leave their kids alone to go on dates, and neglect their kids while they spend every minute on their computers and telephones.

And after all that, it should be a lesson about what happens when you lie to law enforcement when a child's life is at stake.

And to answer your question about if she is capable of understanding the consequences of her actions... I would have to say, no.
Right now she is making an imaginary hero out of JB and the truth of what she did to her daughter doesn't fit in with her new fantasy of becoming JB's partner. It's all part of the defect.

She needs new experienced representation.
I don't want her to end up with all kinds of appeals and sucking the resources of the State dry because of JB.

Let's get it right the first time and send the message home about what we have learned (as a society) from this case.

Justice for this precious little girl......

A lot of these cases listed below were dismissed or they reached an agreement/plead out before trial. He has seen VERY little trial action.

On the OC court records website JB is listed as the atty. on a total of 46 cases. 2 of which are KC's. Under each case number there may be more more than one count. I looked only at the felonies and have listed the most serious offense under each case number. This does not include KC's cases. It breaks down to-

Armed Burglary- 1
Burglary- 3
Prostitution- 1 (I think this was a felony due to prior convictions.)
Petit Theft- 2
Drug poss. 10
Sexual Assualt 1
Driving w/ DL susp 2
Arson 1
Ag. *advertiser censored*. w/firearm 1
Alt. DL 1
Grand Theft Auto 1
Poss Firearm 1
Trafficing C.S. 1
Fleeing Police 1

Three of these cases are/were in Judge Stricklands court. Was unable to see what the sentences were for these cases.
http://www.myorangeclerk.com/mycler...essionID=51aba08d-4036-406d-9bfa-6f4c719288d5

I have read he also practices in Lake County. Have not had a chance to check the web-site.

He really should be removed from this case.

I can't say it enough times.... :(

JoseG (2):

I heard that he is actually really good in the cases he tries and that he is extremely likeable.

T

I'm sure he's a great guy.

As a Floridian I want her to have the very best representation, the most experienced with capital crimes that she can possibly have.
Not a reason for a retrial or a never ending appeals process at the expense of taxpayers is my main concern.

~

Right now she is making an imaginary hero out of JB and the truth of what she did to her daughter doesn't fit in with her new fantasy of becoming JB's partner. It's all part of the defect.

Agree with everything you said, and I think the bolded sentence is key to what is happening here - Casey the Chameleon. wants to be a lawyer now.

It has been reported that during her first stint in jail she spent time reading law books from the jail library.

Now that Casey is back in jail, do you think Baez will be visiting the jail for 6 hours per day? lol

I just started a new thread this morning with video of a very ANGRY Baez throwing Channel 9 out of his news conference. So he does have a temper.

I'm sure he's a great guy.

As a Floridian I want her to have the very best representation, the most experienced with capital crimes that she can possibly have.
Not a reason for a retrial or a never ending appeals process at the expense of taxpayers is my main concern.

~

I agree about wishing for her the "most experienced" representation. I think the State of Florida only wants to try these charges one time (if that) and the best way to ensure this is to have an even playing field.

I don't know if you noticed but I was saying that I heard the second Jose was good (not JB). But I note the second Jose is also a greenie for death penalty cases (I think).

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member