Caylee's Shoes...Important Clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! he implied they smelled bad and threw them away. Then Cindy began saying "there's no evidence..."

I don't recall items from the car being thrown out by the A's (that they admitted to) ... I do recall stuffed animals and/or cards from the public being thrown out and in a trash bag at their curb ... I believe it was reported they said the items smelled like "smoke."

The lack of shoes could be used to support the theory that the child died in the home. They could also support the fight on the 15th and KC leaving in a hurry snatching Caylee from her bed.

IMHO the only theory it doesn't support is that the babysitter took her because as ya'll have stated, no one takes a child to the sitter without shoes on!

Bumping this thread for very selfish reasons. Hoping it will catch the attention of a shoe-status WS expert that can answer a question surfaced in the "Walmart..." thread.

It was proposed/asked in the "Walmart..." thread if the claim has been made that ALL of Caylee's shoes have been accounted for @ G&C's.

The answer maybe buried in this thread...so I'm bein' selfish and lazy to take this approach :bang:

Goes to the potential for Casey to have gone to Walmart to buy Caylee some shoes 6/16 (JT statement) and the implications that would have for Casey's intent/plan that afternoon.

TIA!

Bumping this thread for very selfish reasons. Hoping it will catch the attention of a shoe-status WS expert that can answer a question surfaced in the "Walmart..." thread.

It was proposed/asked in the "Walmart..." thread if the claim has been made that ALL of Caylee's shoes have been accounted for @ G&C's.

The answer maybe buried in this thread...so I'm bein' selfish and lazy to take this approach :bang:

Goes to the potential for Casey to have gone to Walmart to buy Caylee some shoes 6/16 (JT statement) and the implications that would have for Casey's intent/plan that afternoon.

TIA!
I have to leave for the evening but look forward to info you wonderful sleuthers have regarding this topic.
I am not the 'shoe expert' but I believe there is a pair of shoes missing. they are red or dark pink thongs with a red heart on the front at the toe. There are photos of a hanging bag of shoes but I do not see the pair and they were not taken into evidence. There is also a photo of Caylee wearing these 'shoes'. It is the one with the Ohio Buckeye emblem on her shirt. I lost the original photo in a pc cras and a WS was kind enough to find it for me and post it downstairs in the thread "A question about the Anthony Case.'
I sent the photo to someone who has better photo enhancing capability than I have to determine if the heart was faceted like a plastic gem or if it was puffed like the one shown on the duct tape photo.

TIA!

Bond - don't know the answer to whether or not all of Caylee's shoes had been accounted for, so I'm not much help on that point. But I have been sitting here contemplating , under this scenario, why Casey would have taken her out of the house without her shoes on. And then it hit me - having been the mother of a toddler (my son is 12 now) and having 6 nieces and nephews. Caylee could have been throwing a fit over which shoes her mother was trying to get her to put on that afternoon, or she could have been simply refusing to put on shoes altogether. My son, at that age, might have easily thrown such a tantrum over preferring to remain barefoot and I have witnessed one of my nieces throw a complete fit over wanting to wear a specific pair of shoes. Which aggravated my sister in law because of course the ones she insisted on wearing looked horrible with the outfit she had on. It's not too farfetched to see this happening.

ETA - Something made Casey mention shoes in the fake phonecall from Caylee. Maybe she had something in her head about getting into it with Caylee over shoes. Who knows!!

I believe that Caylee died before 4 pm. I have no idea what this guy saw but I don't believe that he saw Caylee on the 16th. Perhaps he's confused about the dates?

MOO

If Casey put Caylee in the trunk of the car while she was still alive it seems likely that she would have removed her shoes so it wouldn't make as much noise if Caylee was kicking. I have no clue about what happened to them (taken back to Anthony's home or just tossed) but it seems like it would be easy to get rid of them.

My daughter as a toddler ALWAYS took off her shoes in the car. And all kinds of other inopportune places. Summer shoes like the flip-flops mentioned above were always dropping off her feet when she was in a grocery cart. She might have lost one at the store and KC threw the other in the parking lot because she was angry, who knows?

Since the original "chain of custody" in the car evidence was contaminated by GA and CA (and perhaps even KC, she came home at 2 am on the 16th) we may never know for sure about those shoes, unfortunately.

I keep thinking of the cliche I heard on TV last week, as a mother advises her son before his trip to LE "How does a fish get caught? He opens his mouth". Who knew there would be a family of them covering up here?

I don't think there is anyway to know if all of her shoes were accounted for or not. Caylee had a lot of shoes, and at that age kids have shoes that are a little too small, a little too big, sandals, runners, boot type shoes, dress shoes of various colours, house slippers, and probably some 'dress up' or play shoes..like ballerina slippers, or Mickey Mouse slippers, or 'glass' slippers .. you know the sort of stuff I mean.

And to further complicate things KC may have discarded some that were outgrown or worn or that she didn't wear for whatever reason, without telling CA about it. Or she may have bought a new pair without saying anything about it, but I rather doubt that, she dosen't seem to have done much shopping for Caylee.

My best guess though is that Caylee was laying on her Mom's bed, sleeping or napping, and her shoes had been removed before she was put there...so no shoes would be missing.. failing that scenerio, she may have been wearing something like thongs, which would likely have fallen off somewhere along the line before her body was removed from the house, the result would again be that no shoes are missing.

I believe that Caylee died before 4 pm. I have no idea what this guy saw but I don't believe that he saw Caylee on the 16th. Perhaps he's confused about the dates?

MOO

Pink, So good to hear you, and the Voice of Reason on here again.....

Silly thought, but ... who would be the source for verifying that all of Caylee's shoes were in the home? Is there really a reliable source who would honestly admit if a pair were missing? And, without a reliable source, how would LE verify all were accounted for?

MOO

Hopefully, that Walmart location still has the security camera tapes and register receipt tapes to verify the date/time she was in the store.

Silly thought, but ... who would be the source for verifying that all of Caylee's shoes were in the home? Is there really a reliable source who would honestly admit if a pair were missing? And, without a reliable source, how would LE verify all were accounted for?
BINGO! Liars abound there so nothing they tell us can be assumed to be the truth. Recall Cindy stating nothing of Caylee's was missing until LE shows up with the search warrant after Caylee was found and she suddenly recalls that there is a Pooh blanket missing...BUT she had never once told LE this information before...In my opinion everything they say is a lie in one form or another and not one sentence is ever the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth...:banghead:

Guess that baptism didn't do 'em a whole lot of good because they are still dishonoring Caylee while they protect the one who threw her out like car trash!:furious:

Personally I think the fact this child had no shoes on her feet is indicative of dying at home...Casey never bought this kid a package of diapers, there is no way she was out shopping FOR Caylee. If she was at Walmart, which I seriously doubt else this dude would not have waited six months to say so (maybe he is getting some free advertising, ya know? or mistook the dates), she was just killing time...Most folks will put shoes on their dead IN the coffin...not KC, she just throws out her dead on the side of the road! Despicable!

After the hairbrush ordeal, I guess I'm skeptical of everything.

They discussed JT on the HLN show this evening. Pam Bondi said that just because they had released this man's statement doesn't mean they are relying on it or that they would choose to use him as a witness due to the time factor - the defense would have a ball with this one... If he had just come forward earlier his statement would have been extremely important.

They discussed JT on the HLN show this evening. Pam Bondi said that just because they had released this man's statement doesn't mean they are relying on it or that they would choose to use him as a witness due to the time factor - the defense would have a ball with this one... If he had just come forward earlier his statement would have been extremely important.

But why put him on the witness list? There has to be a plethora of statements LE has taken but don't plan on using. If they don't plan on using him why draw attraction to his statement by putting him on the list?:waitasec:

But why put him on the witness list? There has to be a plethora of statements LE has taken but don't plan on using. If they don't plan on using him why draw attraction to his statement by putting him on the list?:waitasec:
Just in case?

Scare tactic?

Leave no stone unturned?

He waited a YEAR not 6 months...he waited until July THIS year to come forward...I don't give it any credibility whatsoever knowing how long it took him, and in listening to him? I simply do not believe him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer