The Doe Network, Part 3: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Maria Trinidad Velasquez (possibly Maria Louisa Velasquez) was most likely too old to have been Princess Blue I suppose it's a tiny possibility that one of her girls (twins) born in November of 1975 could possibly be Princess Blue? If Princess Blue died in 1990 the twins would have been about 15 then. Maybe Maria went missing and her ring (if she did go to REL Houston..this we don't know) was given to one of the girls? Just another twist and turn to the story :waitasec: Of course, that would mean if one of the girls was Princess Blue they'd be part hispanic...hmmmm

Maybe we can keep Maria or Maria's possible daughter as a zebra. You never know, and for some reason Princess Blue has not yet been identified after all these years, despite the ring which could originally only have come from about 300 girls. There could be one or two zebras hindering the resolution of this. Or, maybe it was never investigated efficiently or thoroughly early on. Either way, the possibilities of who she was in life are numerous.

Lion

What's sad is that there is still around 400 of the 686 alumni listed on the spreadsheet that have not been contacted yet. We don't have contact information on them either.

I know, and I feel guilty about it. I have unbelievably slow dial-up and have found it a huge challenge to go from page to page searching because of it. I do not want to throw in the towel just yet, though. One of those folks might know something if we could just get to them.

Lion

Any chance you can share the uncontacted with some of us and we can do the legwork?

believe, do you have a gmail account? If so, could you PM me your gmail information and I can add you to the list of those who can access & edit the 1975 REL Houston Class Alumni spreadsheet. If you don't have a gmail account but would like to create one & PM me with your gmail information I can then add you to the list of those who can access and edit the spreadsheet.

Any chance you can share the uncontacted with some of us and we can do the legwork?

Hey, believe it would be wonderful, and we would be so appreciative if you could help us track down and contact alumni. We have a specific letter that pretty much covers everything, so at least that part will be easy.

Lion

Teons, how would you (or anyone for that matter) feel about trying to see if any of the female 1975 REL Houston Class Alumni had any children born let's say from 1973-1975 for starts? Perhaps you (or someone) could check the TX births for them? I've started on the first page (A-C) of the class alumni list and going through the females on that page.

I have been reading and rereading whatever possible on Princess Blue and on the TX DPS site under Public Information there is a page on Princess Blue that has "Information for the News Media" and what it says is that Princess Blue is Caucasian with the PROBABILITY of some African-American traits and that it is LIKELY one parent or one grandparent was African-American.

So, it's not that it is just a possibility that she had African-American traits but a probability and it's likely one of her parents or grandparents were African-American.

This is from their site:

In addition, after the Sheriff’s Office reopened the case, the University of North Texas System Center for Human Identification in Denton recently performed an extensive forensic analysis that has provided new clues to the young woman’s identity. Originally thought to be Hispanic in 1990, new forensic analysis indicates the young woman was Caucasian, with the probability of some African-American traits. According to the forensic analysis, it is likely one parent [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]or [/FONT]one grandparent was African-American. Her age at the time of her death was determined to be between 17 to 21 years old. Her height was between 4 feet 11 inches and 5 feet 3 inches, with a slight to medium build.

Source: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/public_information/pr060707.pdf

And, yes. According to the forensics examination done by a team of experts in the field, Princess Blue was most likely White with the possibility of mixed race ancestry--where a parent or grandparent may have been African American. Note, it does not say for sure that a parent or grandparent were African American--only that it was possible. So we can't rule out someone with no known immediate ancestors being African American.

Lion

Excellent RKnowley! Great find! It is helpful to know that Princess was Caucasian with the probability rather than the possibility have having some African-American traits. And, that it is likely that one parent or one grandparent was African-American is good to know as well.

I also see that Princess Blue was believed to have been slight to medium in build. I've known for months now that the 175 LB weight was out of the running, but I didn't realise that Princess Blue is now being described as having had a slight to medium build. So, the 175 LB weight for her description is out, but it is still up on The Doe Network, IIRC. I emailed them a while back to ask them to update their site based on the recent forensics examination, but the site has been updated to reflect that. Perhaps I will email them again.

Thank you again for the more accurate description of our dear Princess Blue, RKnowley:).

Lion

Okay, I just emailed The Doe Network and provided the link you posted. Perhaps they will find time to read the updated info and change the page to reflect the changes.

Lion

Thank you Lion! I do hope doenetwork will change the information on Princess Blue. It makes it difficult when information isn't correct :(

Okay, I just emailed The Doe Network and provided the link you posted. Perhaps they will find time to read the updated info and change the page to reflect the changes.

Lion

Teresa Marie Byers

byers_teresa.jpg

Above: Byers, circa 1979

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: September - November 1979 from Kilgore, Texas

Classification: Endangered Missing

Date Of Birth: May 28, 1961
Height and Weight: 5'4, 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Byers has a cross-shaped scar on her left hand
Details of Disappearance
Byers was last seen by her family in Kilgore, Texas sometime during the months of September through November 1979. She has never been heard from again. Foul play is suspected in Byers's case.
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Texas Department Of Public Safety
800-346-3243

Source Information
Texas Department Of Public Safety

Source: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/byers_teresa.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 427DFTX

TByers.jpg

Teresa Marie Byers
Missing since November 1, 1979 from Kilgore, Gregg County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: May 28, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; brown hair.
Marks, Scars: She has a cross-like scar on her left hand.
Dentals: Not Available.
DNA: Available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Byers was last seen in Kilgore, Texas in November 1979. Circumstances of this case as well as life style and lack of family contact indicate possible foul play.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
800-346-3243
Or
Texas Rangers
Ranger Randy Prince
903-566-4825

Agency Case Number:
M0005003

NCIC Number:
M-970703380

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety

Source: http://doenetwork.org/cases/427dftx.html
http://doenetwork.org/cases/427dftx.html

I think Teresa is a possibility, too Rknowley. When I get home I will try to find out more about her. Too bad there are no dentals, though. The only other option at this point would be DNA, and LE is less likely to do that unless there is good cause to run it. And, hopefully they have a parent or sibling's DNA to compare with.

Lion

I didn't find much on Teresa. I will give her a full search again today. You are right there are no dentals on Teresa but there is DNA available on Teresa. It wouldn't take much (haha..only time and money) to run the available DNA against Princess Blue's.

I think Teresa is a possibility, too Rknowley. When I get home I will try to find out more about her. Too bad there are no dentals, though. The only other option at this point would be DNA, and LE is less likely to do that unless there is good cause to run it. And, hopefully they have a parent or sibling's DNA to compare with.

Lion

I'm working on the Chicago Jane Doe UID case (seen on AMW). They had one of the top forensic artists create a bust of Chicago Jane Doe in an effort to identify her.

I'm wondering if maybe we can push to have that same forensic artist create a bust of Princess Blue? If so, how do we go about it?

Dee, we do have a fairly recent artist's drawing of Princess Blue. It seems pretty well done, but ideally it would be great to have a bust created by a gifted facial reconstruction artist. Chances are that because there is already an artist's sketch of Princess, that artist may pass. But, who knows?

Lion

Teons, how would you (or anyone for that matter) feel about trying to see if any of the female 1975 REL Houston Class Alumni had any children born let's say from 1973-1975 for starts? Perhaps you (or someone) could check the TX births for them? I've started on the first page (A-C) of the class alumni list and going through the females on that page.

I will try to start on that tomorrow and work on it next week while the kids are at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288