ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just the wording, that dad called when he "learned she was missing" from her bed? Did someone else tell him or did he discover her missing? In any case, it seems kind of late in the morning to be checking on the baby, IMO...

Thing that gets me too is that Maine doesnt usually have many cases of chidren being abducted that you hear of anyways, especially that take the child from the house.

No state does, really...not actual abductions by strangers anyway...

I wonder if this baby lived with either parent? Just curious about the wording...

Wonder if there's any way the mother could have taken her. She has been interviewed so she might live in the same area and may know what Ayla's father did on Friday night.

well let's hope so because any other scenario i doubt would turn out good

Well - beyond the obvious, my question is why would she be sleeping with the sling on? That makes ZERO sense if she has a cast/splint. It's actually kind of dangerous given her age.

From Maine and just heard about this little girl being missing. Last night in my area which is an hour south it was so cold and we had some snow, early morning. I have yet to hear anything else.

From Maine and just heard about this little girl being missing. Last night in my area which is an hour south it was so cold and we had some snow, early morning. I have yet to hear anything else.

Leads me to wonder if she has a coat, blanket or anything missing? The story is short on information. I'm in the cold South so all I can do is hope and pray.

When they say 'abducted' , do they mean from her bed in the middle of the night? Was the door unlocked? I wonder why they think it was a kidnapping rather than a girl wandering outdoors?

When they say 'abducted' , do they mean from her bed in the middle of the night? Was the door unlocked? I wonder why they think it was a kidnapping rather than a girl wandering outdoors?

The article linked above does say it is possible she got out on her own...they don't think it is likely, partly because her arm is in a sling. But it doesn't say "crib", it says "bed." Aren't children this age still in a crib? (No kids here...)

In the last news link posted (the sentinel?) it says LE is considering 2 scenarios, she either wandered out by herself or was taken out by someone. They said that with the cast however it would have been difficult for her to open the door and that she would not have gotten far because of the unsteadiness walking with the cast. So I think LE is considering the scenario she did not leave on her own.

They also said that the mom was located and being "cooperative" they have not said either parent is not involved yet.

The article linked above does say it is possible she got out on her own...they don't think it is likely, partly because her arm is in a sling. But it doesn't say "crib", it says "bed." Aren't children this age still in a crib? (No kids here...)

Pookers started sleeping in a toddler bed around 2 yo and my dd's son was about 18 months. They're real low to the ground so not sure if this little girl was in a toddler bed but I cant imagine a regular twin bed unless it had like a rail. still cant picture it.

Also, wonder why they are not naming the parents? I don't know that I've seen that before. Just curious.

Also, wonder why they are not naming the parents? I don't know that I've seen that before. Just curious.

I said that much earlier, also. Odd.

But citizens of Maine kind of keep to themselves.

Is it just the wording, that dad called when he "learned she was missing" from her bed? Did someone else tell him or did he discover her missing? In any case, it seems kind of late in the morning to be checking on the baby, IMO...

It sounded odd to me as well.

Wow, OK...so, yet ANOTHER child is reported misisng, and the last time she was seen, she was in her bed?!?! This is out of freaking control! I am RAGING right about now...!!! :furious::banghead::furious:

My DD is 19 mths old and she is still in her crib. She has only tried to unsuccessfully climb out a few times ( she is too short to get her leg over the side). Most move them into toddler beds around two, but some earlier if they can escape their cribs.

:pullhair: :sigh:

very little info so far..hopefully this ends as well as little Jason's case did today.

aylabellreynolds.jpg

found this pic on the FB page, her full name is Ayla Bell Reynolds, if that hasn't been posted before

eta: new pics coming in the morning, a woman that appears to be Ayla's aunt (blood related IDK) said on FB that she is waiting for Ayla's mother to bring her recent pics, all the pics out there are a few months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong