17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone think we will ever be in a place where we believe the "facts" in this case?? Will there ever be a thorough enough investigation into the events of that night that will satisfy the need for truth in this case? I wonder>

I think the autopsy is going to be critical to getting to the truth. I pray it was done properly. Also any other forensics such as who's blood was on who will be important. I sure hope the facts win out regardless of outcome although I am NO fan of SYG and don't buy the GZ team spin but that's up to a judge/jury down the road.

Does anyone know what point GZ reached when he was running? Where was GZ when he allegedly turned to go back to his truck?

According to his father, George was walking, not running, and turned back to walk to his vehicle when he reached the next street:

HANNITY: Let me ask you, when the dispatcher said to him on that 911 tape, we don't need you to do that, meaning because he said, yes, I'm following Trayvon Martin. Did he follow him? And what happened from that point forward? Tell us the rest of the story.

ZIMMERMAN: From where George's vehicle was, there's a sidewalk that goes to the next street over.

ZIMMERMAN: Off of that sidewalk there's another sidewalk that goes between two rows of townhomes. It's my understanding that Trayvon went between the two rows of townhomes, and George was walking down the main sidewalk to see if he could see where Trayvon was going.

ZIMMERMAN: When the dispatcher said we know longer need you to do that, and George acknowledged OK. He no longer knew where Trayvon was. So he continued walking down the sidewalk directly in front of him to the next street to get an address. He got an address. As he was walking back to his vehicle, there was a sidewalk that goes to his left and Trayvon came from that area where the sidewalks meet.

Trayvon came from his left side, asked him did he have a problem. George said no. At that point Trayvon said well you do now. He punched him in the nose, knocked him to the concrete, and started beating him.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...-trayvon-martin-shooting?page=2#ixzz1s94dlmsr

From where GZ's vehicle was to the end of the sidewalk at the "next street" and back to "where the sidewalks meet" measures 317 feet.

George and Robert Sr. both can be heard explaining the Zimmerman side:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuBGROVXYJE"]The Flawed Core of George Zimmerman's Stand Your Ground Defense - YouTube[/ame]

IMO, the law needs to be revised. However, in regards to this case, it is what it is.

I don't believe it "is what it is" because we have no way of knowing who put whose hands on who first. We have no idea when the gun came into play. Trayvon, IMO, could have just as easily been trying to stand HIS ground and lost.

Who are you going to believe? Someone who went running towards a confrontation or someone who was running away from a confrontation? I think I'll believe the one who was trying to avoid a confrontation.

MOO

According to his father, George was walking, not running, and turned back to walk to his vehicle when he reached the next street:

From where GV's vehicle was to the end of the sidewalk at the "next street" and back to "where the sidewalks meet" measures 317 feet.

George and Robert Sr. both can be heard explaining the Zimmerman side:

The Flawed Core of George Zimmerman's Stand Your Ground Defense - YouTube
Excellent video Papa and why would he need to walk over to that street to get an address when he could have just walked to the home by his truck?

You know what gets me? I think if something like this happened with a dog and George Zimmerman chased the animal and the animal felt threatened and bit George when he went to grab him and then George shot the dog to death... people would be really upset about that. Like livid upset.

MOO

ETA: You would have people saying it was just an innocent dog, he shouldn't have chased him and made the dog feel threatened and of course the dog bit him because the dog had no choice and there would be people crying for a charge of cruelty to Animals.

Excellent video Papa and why would he need to walk over to that street to get an address when he could have just walked to the home by his truck?

why would he have gotten out of his vehicle to find an address. had he stayed with his vehicle pd would have found him. He didnt tell the dispatcher that he was going to look for an exact address to tell them where he was waiting. He wasnt waiting he was in pursuit, therefore he didnt have an adress to give pd. all imo

Good question. I think we're not the only ones gonna be asking that.

Now, let me ask you one. How long do you think it should take to walk 317 feet?

why would he have gotten out of his vehicle to find an address. had he stayed with his vehicle pd would have found him. He didnt tell the dispatcher that he was going to look for an exact address to tell them where he was waiting. He wasnt waiting he was in pursuit, therefore he didnt have an adress to give pd. all imo

And why he didn't just drive around the block to check the address is another question? He was not getting out of that car to check an address. He was following Trayvon.

MOO

I think where this issue is going to be the most pressing is at the pre-trial hearing for immunity based on SYG.
I think it will be impossible for Zimmerman to get to the standard of proof required to be immunized from the law because the most important facts, as we know them today anyway,will be missing.
IMO, this almost has to go to a jury to wade through everything that is known and decide if prosecution was able to prove their elements and if the self defense evidence is adequate.

Does Zimmerman's defense team get to do discovery for the SYG hearing or does their SYG defense depend on what they and their client can provide for evidence? I guess they would have to be able to have discovery to see what the prosecution has to fight their SYG claim?

If they do get discovery, will that make whatever they get available to the public under the Sunshine Law?

Good question. I think we're not the only ones gonna be asking that.

Now, let me ask you one. How long do you think it should take to walk 317 feet?

I can tell you how long it took me to walk 500 feet once? I was bored walking home from the store one night and I counted my steps and it took me about 5-7 minutes.

ETA: I was walking fast because it was dark.

I don't believe it "is what it is" because we have no way of knowing who put whose hands on who first. We have no idea when the gun came into play. Trayvon, IMO, could have just as easily been trying to stand HIS ground and lost.

Who are you going to believe? Someone who went running towards a confrontation or someone who was running away from a confrontation? I think I'll believe the one who was trying to avoid a confrontation.

MOO

Respectfully, I think you took my comment out of context.:)

Particullarly since the dispatcher didn't even ask him for an address to where his truck was parked for over a minute AFTER his "story" says he was looking for one.

BTW, a minute AFTER his father said he got an address, and George still answered he didn't know the address when asked!

Does Zimmerman's defense team get to do discovery for the SYG hearing or does their SYG defense depend on what they and their client can provide for evidence? I guess they would have to be able to have discovery to see what the prosecution has to fight their SYG claim?

If they do get discovery, will that make whatever they get available to the public under the Sunshine Law?

I am pretty sure they will get the discovery.

I can tell you how long it took me to walk 500 feet once? I was bored walking home from the store one night and I counted my steps and it took me about 5-7 minutes.

ETA: I was walking fast because it was dark.
Were you just counting your steps? Because 500 steps is a lot more then 500 feet.

I was going to get on my treadmill and time it out... give me a rough estimate on the number I need for 317 feet.... because I was going to get on and count 317 steps! Math is not my thing.

to try and save the integrity of the ongoing investigation??? she had those reports pulled for a reason. It did give gz time to craft a scenario that matched what was in those reports. So who knows. Maybe she is holding something close to the vest.
But Zimmerman had already put forth his scenario, for several hours on the night of the killing without a lawyer present and in a walkthrough the next day.

gotta go. thanks for the civil discussion peeps. see ya soon.

I think I did it right, but it would take 44 seconds, walking at a solid 3.0 speed, to get 317 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566