LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in the same loft on Jefferson in the early 90s as I do now. I moved to Nola in between (was living in the quarter during Katrina). I can say from personal experience, downtown and Congress was much more dangerous 20 years ago as it is now. Streetscape really improved it. Back then there was only Dons Seafood that I can think of and one gay bar.Today there are so many bars and restaurants it would take me a while to count.

Downtown and even Congress is not nearly as dangerous today as some have described. A good comparison is the French Quarter back then and now. Back in the 80's no one would dare walk on Rampart because of the crime. Today I still see it as dangerous at night but I had no problem parking there and walking to and from at night.

Exactly. I see all this stuff about how Lafayette was some safe haven before Katrina, and being from the area and living there before and after the storm, I just don't see it, and neither does anyone else I know. I talked to friends who were high school students at Lafayette High and Acadiana and asked them about gang graffiti and the like after people from New Orleans got to Lafayette, and I get the same, "what???" response from all of them.

Where on Earth is Mickey?? I know that so many cases go unsolved, but I desperately hope this is not one of them. To see my sweet SIL cry because she misses her BFF, to see how hard this has been on Mickey's family, it's too much. It's too much for anyone. These are the stories that break someone's faith, that make people give up on faith all together. Please let today be the day Mickey is brought home.

Yes, A.C.E., as history has shown, it doesn't matter if your in a small sleepy town or a large metropolitan city, abductions can happen anywhere USA.

With each passing day since Mickey Schunick's abduction, the odds of her coming home safely or solving her case diminish. There will be many positive affects from this tragedy, to insure that this doesn't happen to others. There are too many to list.
After the Holly Bobo abduction in Darden, TN 04/13/2011, which was described as the TN community's 09/11/2001, many positive changes have occurred. This is only one:

Haslam Signs Legislation to Combat TN's 'Toughest Safety Challenges'
http://missouri-news.org/midwest-ne...o-combat-tns-toughest-safety-challenges/17639

Haslam Signs Legislation to Combat TN's 'Toughest Safety Challenges' ... The public safety action plan was created by the Governor's Public ...
------------
This isn't the first case involving the abduction of a beautiful blonde coed. I began my foray in abduction research, with the case of Dru Sjodin, 2003.

Can't believe that since that time, technological, investigational advances haven't led to more immediate rescue/recovery of the victims.

Here's one source of the story:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/dru_sjodin/1_index.html

I know gather is not a reputable source, but how misleading is the headline 'white truck cleared' talking of the supposedly abandoned truck on Texas? Had to put that out there as it really bothered me when I saw it pop up in google.

in the circle k bike pic, rider is on bike (stopped), right shoe on ground, left hand on grip, right hand does not appear to be on grip...

Me thinks you're looking at, if not Jesus on toast, Jesus in the form of a Cheeto. I see rider riding her bike... not stopping or stopped and cannot see how you can say right had does not appear to be on grip.

JMO.

And now I'm hungry for Cheetos.

------------
This isn't the first case involving the abduction of a beautiful blonde coed. I began my foray in abduction research, with the case of Dru Sjodin, 2003.

Can't believe that since that time, technological, investigational advances haven't led to more immediate rescue/recovery of the victims.

Here's one source of the story:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/dru_sjodin/1_index.html

'Thanx for sharing, concentric'.. Yes, the silent epidemic of abductions seem to only be worsening, even with the updates in technology, advances in forensics & dna laws, FBI BAU VICAP, etc.
Communications by LE with the public via msm seems to have improved considerably by the FBI, as shown in the recent Baines family murders/abduction(MS). The FBI spokesperson praised the public for their valuable tips that helped to locate Adam Mayes & rescue of the Baines sisters.
Although I don't subscribe to the theory that one sexual predator/serial killer is responsible for the many blonde petite coeds vanishing, it is puzzling that their remains have not been found..

Me thinks you're looking at, if not Jesus on toast, Jesus in the form of a Cheeto. I see rider riding her bike... not stopping or stopped and cannot see how you can say right had does not appear to be on grip.

JMO.

And now I'm hungry for Cheetos.

i've given my opinion as a professional in the computer graphics field trusting my tools over my eyes... many of these tools reveal what an eye cannot... this has been explained in detail in my previous posts...

there are two pics of rider... including four grips, (both grips visible in each pic) analyzing all four grips in both pics... three of the grips have a similar signature, one does not. the one that does not is the right grip in circle k pic... the same pic that shows a right reflective grey shoe on the ground.
i have only stated my opinion for those that wish to hear it...

but as i tried to state in an immediately removed post last week... there is no info (they) are looking for in the selected "video captures" (they) released to the public... they are aware of what is or isn't in the pics (they selected to release) it is my opinion that if they released the frames before and after the the circle k truck pic (with the focused light source underneath) you would then know what they have known from very early on...

my opinions...
no inside info...

peace

But if they knew that she was hit and run over by that truck, then why not just tell the public that info? Why continue the charade?

i've given my opinion as a professional in the computer graphics field trusting my tools over my eyes... many of these tools reveal what an eye cannot... this has been explained in detail in my previous posts...

there are two pics of rider... including four grips, (both grips visible in each pic) analyzing all four grips in both pics... three of the grips have a similar signature, one does not. the one that does not is the right grip in circle k pic... the same pic that shows a right reflective grey shoe on the ground.

but as i tried to state in an immediately removed post last week... there is no info (they) are looking for in the selected "video captures" (they) released to the public... they are aware of what is or isn't in the pics (they selected to release) it is my opinion that if they released the frames before and after the the circle k truck pic (with the focused light source underneath) you would then know what they have known from very early on...

my opinions...
no inside info...

peace

I see.

Mickey was wearing silver ankle boots.

I understand what you're saying. I don't think you're wrong.

I sincerely appreciate you sharing your expertise.

I'm starting to wonder if either LE or the PI have anything - other than the DWTIQ - to go on.

I rode that area (University>St. Landry>St. Landry Extension>Coliseum, etc.) yesterday when I was in town, and I think it's very possible that she's still in that area. Perhaps alive, perhaps not...but there is enough sketchiness in the area to make me wonder if she's not within +/- a mile or two of where she was initially taken.

I'm still flummoxed as to how she could be taken and not so much as a trace of her or her belongings (including her bike) could be found in that immediate area. Something just doesn't compute.

I'm starting to wonder if either LE or the PI have anything - other than the DWTIQ - to go on.

I rode that area (University>St. Landry>St. Landry Extension>Coliseum, etc.) yesterday when I was in town, and I think it's very possible that she's still in that area. Perhaps alive, perhaps not...but there is enough sketchiness in the area to make me wonder if she's not within +/- a mile or two of where she was initially taken.

I'm still flummoxed as to how she could be taken and not so much as a trace of her or her belongings (including her bike) could be found in that immediate area. Something just doesn't compute.

I agree that she's probably not far.

Could be a neighborhood perp, IDK.

If the bike was not a red herring, it would never have been found.

But if they knew that she was hit and run over by that truck, then why not just tell the public that info? Why continue the charade?

would not aid in "their" investigation to release it... would only aid in "ours" and the more info released makes their investigation harder for them, not easier.

this video (if that's what it reveals) would explain why so many different agencies were involved so early in a simple missing persons case...

there are many reasons not to release this info...

there are also many ways to release pieces of facts to mislead, while still giving factual information... for instance... bike found... damage to rear wheel... it is unknown if damage is a result of being hit... now even if they KNEW it WAS hit... and was (most likely caused by being hit) they can still factually say that they do not know if the damage on the bike was from being hit...
etc...

hope that made sense

i believe that the fbi was alerted "because" of this video...

ps... in the circle k truck pic with the focused light source underneath... the truck is stopped or reversing... my opinion

my opinions
no inside info

peace

my opinions...
no inside info...

peace

Hi...been reading, praying for Mickey, not much to contribute, BUT...would you be able to post the pics you're referring to??
I think it'd be great to see them, IMO.
If you've posted them already, could you or ANYONE lead me to them?
TIA!!!

Okay. That makes sense. But what about the description of the bike after it was found. They said the rear rim was bent. Are they lying? Because if she was fully run over, that bike would have been mangled and crushed. And not just a bent rear rim. Imo.

Okay. That makes sense. But what about the description of the bike after it was found. They said the rear rim was bent. Are they lying? Because if she was fully run over, that bike would have been mangled and crushed. And not just a bent rear rim. Imo.

now you are assuming... how far was it run over... how hard was it hit..?

i bike hit hard should throw the bike and rider... a bike barely hit (by a vehicle) should run over or partially run over both...

i was barely hit on a bike in a crosswalk by a car turning right "from a stop"... my chain was off and wheel was bent, and i ALMOST went under the car and got run over before it stopped...
my wife was hit in a crosswalk hard by someone that didn't see her... bike and wife were thrown out into the middle of the intersection, neither were hurt (aside from pride) she rode home...

peace

Someone brought this idea to my attention and I find it plausible.... Ok say someone nearby did infact hit or run her over / take her. Well when the search began on the Saturday / Sunday, they were not combing the same route they now believe she took. So in theory someone nearby could have come back early on, possibly looking like someone searching for her or going for a casual walk and pickup any evidence (pieces of plastic from lights, etc). If the incident was not caught on camera, then if the perp went back to pickup any evidence, they may not have been caught on the camera again.

Hi...been reading, praying for Mickey, not much to contribute, BUT...would you be able to post the pics you're referring to??
I think it'd be great to see them, IMO.
If you've posted them already, could you or ANYONE lead me to them?
TIA!!!

pics are all available here on this site, including the gifs i have uploaded...

also wanted to state something else about the pic with the focused light source underneath... it is my belief that this pic was not intended for "us" and we were not suppose to see what we have... the pic was released to say... look buddy, we got you on tape, and "YOU" know EXACTLY what this is a picture of...

my opinions
no inside info

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads