Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more embarrassing than all their other displays on national TV! IMHO they've become nothing more but publicity hounds. All at the expense of the memory of poor little Caylee! Shame on them!

and, welcome from one newbie to another :D

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Since KC has already said that this woman is not the ZFG she spoke of, why is this lawsuit being continued. Is this woman's name actually Zenaida FERNANDEZ-Gonzalez? I think I read it is not.

What possibly can be learned from the Anthonys to further her claims of damages, if she has already been cleared by the person who first uttered the similar name. And should similarities be fodder for capricious lawsuits? IMO, this is nothing less than harassment of a family who has suffere an unspeakable tragedy and more probably rises to extortion from their HO insurance company.

I am quite sure that, IF the court decides that this lawsuit 'rises to extortion from their HO insurance company', then ZFG will be facing charges in the courts. Neither judges nor insurance companies are very forgiving of extortion attempts. I do not look for this to occure.

I guess I am missing something here. Why would answering questions in a deposition be embarassing? humiliating? oppressive? I could see it being inconvenient to dress, drive there, park, find the correct room, ect. But why those other things? Why would the A's be embarrassed or humiliated? They are doing what the law requires and are showing up to answer questions truthfully in a sworn deposition. And they may say whatever they chose to so how is that oppressive?

Normally answering questions in a depo wouldn't be embarrassing, but when the plaintiffs attorney releases a statement weeks in advance to the press saying that he's planning to ask some surprise questions and invite the media to attend, how is a witness supposed to react? Why was it necessary for Morgan to turn this into a circus rather than just quietly going about his business as usual? What is his real agenda here?

The only thing I've heard Morgan say is IF KC stated on record/TV etc. that this IS NOT the ZFG then it would all go away. I didn't hear anything in regards to if she dropped the countersuit but I could be wrong. JMO!

This is what I don't understand. Why not just say LE has the wrong ZFG and drop the countersuit ? (The concept of ZFG ruining Casey's "good name" is too funny for words.) I guess Baez doesn't see any jeopardy for Casey in allowing the civil suit to crawl along. But, if understand correctly, financing the defense, all kinds of topics could come to light. Why does he want this Civil Court battle to go on ? :confused:

I wish to God these folks would just take the deposition and GET IT OVER WITH. Cripes! If you have nothing to HIDE just answer the flippin' questions already. They had no trouble yack-yack-yacking off the record since Caylee went missing. JUST DOOOO IT!

KC told LE her zanny didn't have kids. LE asked if she "couldn't have kids..." KC said they never discussed that.

KC told LE and CA that her zanny had 2 roommates.

This has been tossed around a lot and there might be something on the "mythbusters" thread. I'll try to find the posts that discussed this and edit to post them. Hope this helps with your questions.

Try here (post #884 and forward):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3284038&highlight=zfg+children#post3284038

KC's filings in the civil suit alternate allege zero children and two children. She has changed her story on this with LE at the beginning and can't keep it straight from filing to filing in the civil suit.

Normally answering questions in a depo wouldn't be embarrassing, but when the plaintiffs attorney releases a statement weeks in advance to the press saying that he's planning to ask some surprise questions and invite the media to attend, how is a witness supposed to react? Why was it necessary for Morgan to turn this into a circus rather than just quietly going about his business as usual? What is his real agenda here?

Chilly, do you have a DIRECT LINK with Morgan (or his office) saying that?

I'm just curious because I just heard the lunchtime local report and it was all kinds of inaccurate regarding facts today (Ex: saying "just right now Casey is filling out her interrogatories" when almost 10 times out of 10 the ATTORNEY types up the response to the interrogatories in language their client would not even UNDERSTAND). The truth of the matter is that the Judge had approved INTERROGATORIES to be given to Casey, they were delivered to Baez and the defense had 30 days to respond. How the media would know that Casey was "filling out her interrogatories" is a B-S report.

Said local radio report also said that Morgan "invited" the press to come on down to the office and watch and videotape the deposition going down in real time. This is directly contrary to what JM said himself on TV (Nancy Grace) that you have to give NOTICE if you intend to VIDEOTAPE a person's depo (100% fact). He said that HE would put it in the COURT FILE (file it with the Court) which then (at the Judge's discretion) could become PUBLIC RECORD. That's a far cry from what is/has been reported. I just don't know what the truth is anymore with the way the media manipulates the situation!

Since KC has already said that this woman is not the ZFG she spoke of, why is this lawsuit being continued. Is this woman's name actually Zenaida FERNANDEZ-Gonzalez? I think I read it is not.

What possibly can be learned from the Anthonys to further her claims of damages, if she has already been cleared by the person who first uttered the similar name. And should similarities be fodder for capricious lawsuits? IMO, this is nothing less than harassment of a family who has suffere an unspeakable tragedy and more probably rises to extortion from their HO insurance company.

This isn't about whether or not one believes the suit has legs; not the hearing today nor the thread. It's about whether the A's should have to comply with a deposition despite their extra special grief. Hopefully, the court will split the baby, as last time, and order taped depositions of the A's to proceed as scheduled but not allow the media to attend.

This isn't about whether or not one believes the suit has legs; not the hearing today nor the thread. It's about whether the A's should have to comply with a deposition despite their extra special grief. Hopefully, the court will split the baby, as last time, and order taped depositions of the A's to proceed as scheduled but not allow the media to attend.

This may be OT, but I am so curious. Why do you think Baez filed and consistently refuses to drop the countersuit ?

I want to see the link wherein Morgan and Morgan invited the media to attend.

Chilly, do you have a DIRECT LINK with Morgan (or his office) saying that?

I'm just curious because I just heard the lunchtime local report and it was all kinds of inaccurate regarding facts today (Ex: saying "just right now Casey is filling out her interrogatories" when almost 10 times out of 10 the ATTORNEY types up the response to the interrogatories in language their client would not even UNDERSTAND). The truth of the matter is that the Judge had approved INTERROGATORIES to be given to Casey, they were delivered to Baez and the defense had 30 days to respond. How the media would know that Casey was "filling out her interrogatories" is a B-S report.

Said local radio report also said that Morgan "invited" the press to come on down to the office and watch and videotape the deposition going down in real time. This is directly contrary to what JM said himself on TV (Nancy Grace) that you have to give NOTICE if you intend to VIDEOTAPE a person's depo (100% fact). He said that HE would put it in the COURT FILE (file it with the Court) which then (at the Judge's discretion) could become PUBLIC RECORD. That's a far cry from what is/has been reported. I just don't know what the truth is anymore with the way the media manipulates the situation!

I certainly understand your point about the media manipulating and distorting information, but in this case the words are attributed to Morgan directly:

http://www.wesh.com/news/18622764/detail.html

"We plan on inviting the press to hear these depositions as they take place," said Morgan.
He added that he wants "to bring the parents in to see what they knew…Then we have some surprise questions for them they may have trouble answering."

KC's filings in the civil suit alternate allege zero children and two children. She has changed her story on this with LE at the beginning and can't keep it straight from filing to filing in the civil suit.

I know! I think this is just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to inconsistencies in KC's lies. While it appears she managed to keep from getting caught by keeping the friends separate and the friends from the family, I believe we will see more inconsistencies when this comes to trial. Most of the friends stated she was a know liar. CA admitted it, too (please don't ask me for a link...I have a bad toothache today :( ) I can't believe she managed to keep all the twisted "facts" straight in her evil little head.

JMO

I certainly understand your point about the media manipulating and distorting information, but in this case the words are attributed to Morgan directly:

"We plan on inviting the press to hear these depositions as they take place," said Morgan.
He added that he wants "to bring the parents in to see what they knew…Then we have some surprise questions for them they may have trouble answering."

Wow. That's interesting. From February 2nd. The title of the article is:

Morgan: I'll Tape, Release Anthony Depositions...

Note: I WILL TAPE and then RELEASE...if he invited the press then THEY WOULD TAPE and RELEASE...I am still thinking they got this wrong.

Then I hope the Judge "splits the baby" and denies the press interference and approves the videotaping.

To scare ZFG initially and because KC doesn't want it dropped, would be my guess.

So it isn't any super-crafty legal maneuver. The Defense has nothing to gain. Jose's financial dealings to fund the defense could be exposed. Still, the client is demanding it. Well, Karma's a bi***, Jose. :p

Would Morgan be permitted to invite the media to be present, either in person or via streaming video?

Not to defend Casey and her lies, but I think that error was on the part of her attorney. The entire filing is filled with errors.

I don't see the big deal. CA and GA, Just answer the questions.

If they know nothing, then they have nothing to tell so just say that in the depo.

Fighting the depo makes them look like they know something whether they do or not.

I don't believe in filing lawsuits everytime you stub your toe, but in ZFG's case, she has every right to do so. Whether KC, CA, GA, or the easter bunny later claimed that she was not the ZFG, there are too many similarities to this ZFG to be coincidence. I am sure that based on the info KC gave them about the nanny/sawgrass/etc, they checked out any and all ZFGs in the area and out and this was the only one that matched enough of what KC said to be a possibility. Sometimes, lying is a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa