UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think we're missing something? Wife killers more often than not have a girlfriend on the side. Do you think someone will come forward?

Just a thought....

Mel

I keep waiting for her to pop up.

Just popping in on the Ambien thang. I've been pretty much an insomniac since my surgery last year, and my doc perscribed a low dose. To be honest, it does nothing for me - nada. I can get a few hours sleep, but to tell you the truth, a glass of wine will put me to sleep quicker. I've never had the sleepwalking, or other effects that some have. I don't take more than perscribed either. I've given up on it actually.

Now that's not to say it may knock other people out, especially if one hasn't used it before. Oh the good ol' days, when I could take one and fall asleep. I think after awhile your body builds up a tolerance to it (like many drugs) and you need more and more to sleep. But I know how dangerous it could be if I upped my dose, and my doctor doesn't want me to. I also can't take other sleep meds due to some of the diabetic meds I'm on. It's such a careful balance.

My doc prescribed me Ambien CR 12.5 MG. She said it wouldn't be safe to perscribe a higher dosage.

IF, he crushed pills, as a controlled substance, LE could track how many pills were used/missing, by going to the pharmacist or doctor each were seeing. They can even subpeona the health insurance records if need be to see what drugs each person in the family are taking.

I'm sure curious if any pills in the house are missing! That would be a great lead.

All the best,

Mel

Thanks Mel for your input. I've read a few things about Ambien and I've read that the side effects can be more pronounced if the person takes it with food (which is not recommended). Also, if it was his prescription (assuming my theory is correct), she would not be used to the medication. There have been speculation that she was not feeling well/had an earache/felt tired and went to lay down. I don't know which one of those is accurate. But if she wasn't feeling well and took some OTC cold medicine or something of that nature, that could also cause side effects with Ambien. Like you were saying, if it was taken on a regular basis, your system can easily become tolerant to it.

Man, I hope the Trib gets its way and those search warrants are unsealed. I can't wait to see what was taken from the home. Should be very interesting.

I keep waiting for her to pop up.
Or maybe a male friend... I'm thinking that maybe Josh had something else going on that we don't know about. Oh, I'd love to get my hands on Susan's journal or talk to that co-worker of hers for a while.... But the truth is going to come out in this case.... sooner than later I hope.
I think LE wants the SW sealed so Josh doesn't know what's in them. Not so much what they searched but what they found. I think Josh will use this as his bargaining chip to take time vs/ death penalty. Show me the body Josh and we'll take the death penalty off the table.... I hope LE is holding a royal flush... without a body will be tougher though...

Who else would cause susan harm but Josh?

Also I do not see, imhoo, another suiter in this equation. I just see a husband bent out and destitute at what lay ahead of him. He lost control and tried to gain it back. Too bad that we all can call a spade a spade. He has lost this one. I hope LE has the dice to prove it and also to find Susan. What a horrid spate of weather we have had......... Josh may think it helps him but it may only be temporary. There will be a thaw eventually.

Or maybe a male friend... I'm thinking that maybe Josh had something else going on that we don't know about. Oh, I'd love to get my hands on Susan's journal or talk to that co-worker of hers for a while.... But the truth is going to come out in this case.... sooner than later I hope.
I think LE wants the SW sealed so Josh doesn't know what's in them. Not so much what they searched but what they found. I think Josh will use this as his bargaining chip to take time vs/ death penalty. Show me the body Josh and we'll take the death penalty off the table.... I hope LE is holding a royal flush... without a body will be tougher though...
bbm... I could see this more than anything.. actually

This site talks about all the abandoned mines in Utah

http://www.ogm.utah.gov/amr/AMBROCHR.HTM

Okay so the rumor I heard earlier... I thought they said
Oquirrh as in the mountains in Utah... but after looking for mines
in Utah I found this
http://southwestblend.com/crossroadstreasures/Ophir.htm

Ophir, Utah
"While visiting my son and his family this summer,
we decided to go see the old mining district near their home of Tooele, Utah"

You can also search google for Ophir, Utah mines and click images to
see what some of the mines look like.

***THIS IS A post from a RUMOR I heard***
JMO

Utah%20July%202008%20054.jpg

Also I do not see, imhoo, another suiter in this equation. I just see a husband bent out and destitute at what lay ahead of him. He lost control and tried to gain it back. Too bad that we all can call a spade a spade. He has lost this one. I hope LE has the dice to prove it and also to find Susan. What a horrid spate of weather we have had......... Josh may think it helps him but it may only be temporary. There will be a thaw eventually.

i agree, and mostly because of where she went missing from - its not like she was out jogging or out of the house somewhere. she went missing from her home in the middle of the night...what are the chances of running into a stranger in the middle of the night in your own home...moo and one who locks the door on his way out? and cleaned up the carpets and put fans out to dry the wet spot left behind...

PERRY, Box Elder County — A burning body was found Monday night under a railroad overpass near I-15.
Box Elder County dispatchers initially received a call about a fire in the area of 1100 South and 1400 West about 6:20 p.m. A nearby Utah Highway Patrol trooper responded that he could see the flames and later confirmed it was a dead body on fire, police said.
Police believe the death may have been a suicide but haven't ruled out homicide. Dispatchers said suicide was first considered because there were no tracks leading to or from the body.
Perry police officer Mike Colvin said officials are fairly certain the victim is a woman but won't know for sure until autopsy results come back.
Police weren't certain what started the fire, but Colvin said "it would have to be some kind of chemical contributing to it, whether it be lighter fluid, gasoline or something along that nature" for the body to burn that quickly.
Colvin said police are still investigating and currently following some leads.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...nd-under-Perry-overpass.html?linkTrack=rss-30

Mark Geragos thinks Josh is being suspected prematurely.

:waitasec:

:Benny_monkeysmilies

:slap:

:rotfl:

Now all we need is Gloria Allred huffing and puffing about something or other to do with the case, and we will officially have a "poo flinging" contest of epic proprortions....:innocent:

and thats all I gotta say about THAT pearl of wisdom...:angel:

goodnight evereyone. I pray this comes to an end soon. It is just horrible. And her two little sons.... they need to know where their mother is.

might I add... she isn't out sledding. I think she would have come in for some hot chocolate by now.

Is there a clue in the interview with Josh when he said something like…
“We went South to the”
I can’t get that part out of my mind.
South to what?
He wouldn’t say …. South to the St. George… or South to the Zions Canyon…
IF he was telling the truth…. what could he have meant?
“South to the …..”

Hi Nurse,

But this doesn't make sense to me. Isn't Susan worth alot more alive than dead? She had a good job, and without her in the picture, Josh is sure to go under. This is where I'm going crazy. I think it's either another suitor, she threatened divorce, or (not a popular opinion) an accident. Now, just for argument sake - say she did take Ambien and walked right out that door into the woods (assuming there are woods around). Falls down a hill or something, and froze to death.

Now I doubt that's highly unlikely, but I'm trying to wrap my head around all scenarios.

Best,

Mel

Mel, not if he can count on his father for support. I think it is highly unlikely there was another suitor as this was a temple marriage and she was urging Josh to be active again in the Church. JMO

I guess I am just going to be blunt here...

all of this facebook, hand out flyers is just a waste really...this is not a runaway, a lost child, a kidnap victim, a "custodial parent" kidnapping

IF these people want to keep up the prayer vigils and stuff, good for them....hopefully they can share strength and comfort each other

My guess is that the facebook is becoming overwhelming....it must be hard to keep deleting posts that are "negative" about dear friend Josh....I am sure that at the start it was mostly onlookers that were posting about him, but now I bet even friends, neighbors, fellow Mormons are posting their doubts and suspicions

so maybe it is time to just stop the facebook, and put up a nice "info" site with NO ability to make posts..that way the family/Kristii won't have to read them
This must be horrible and hard for all of them...but really Kristii needs to back off at this point I don't think her "theory" (another state?) helps...and I feel she is shouting out to a majority of the people (haters) who currently visit to post things
and when she deletes those posts, they probably email her...she needs to stop for her own sanity

IF this was a case of a young couple with no kids, like Lori Hacking for instance, I could understand the slow moving LE....but in this case there are 2 young lives at stake

I wish they would charge him with something...lying to them maybe?? and then Susan's parents could move in...?
I wonder ...IF they name him as a suspect could her family get some kind of emergency restraining order/protective custody for the kids or ??

I am very worried that the kids are in Washington, with his father...his father is at best an enabler, at worst a conspirator IMHO...and he sure is enabling Josh now

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story?cid=68871

About the womans body found burning, they now are thinking it was a suicide. Not much information here but since it was brought up earlier in the thread I thought I'd post this.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9168396

On this second link, they say the woman is older, 40's 50's and the reason they're thinking it might be suicide is because there were no tracks leading to and from the scene.
Whoever this woman is, I hope she is at peace now.

VB

I guess I am just going to be blunt here...

all of this facebook, hand out flyers is just a waste really...this is not a runaway, a lost child, a kidnap victim, a "custodial parent" kidnapping

IF these people want to keep up the prayer vigils and stuff, good for them....hopefully they can share strength and comfort each other

My guess is that the facebook is becoming overwhelming....it must be hard to keep deleting posts that are "negative" about dear friend Josh....I am sure that at the start it was mostly onlookers that were posting about him, but now I bet even friends, neighbors, fellow Mormons are posting their doubts and suspicions

so maybe it is time to just stop the facebook, and put up a nice "info" site with NO ability to make posts..that way the family/Kristii won't have to read them
This must be horrible and hard for all of them...but really Kristii needs to back off at this point I don't think her "theory" (another state?) helps...and I feel she is shouting out to a majority of the people (haters) who currently visit to post things
and when she deletes those posts, they probably email her...she needs to stop for her own sanity

IF this was a case of a young couple with no kids, like Lori Hacking for instance, I could understand the slow moving LE....but in this case there are 2 young lives at stake

I wish they would charge him with something...lying to them maybe?? and then Susan's parents could move in...?
I wonder ...IF they name him as a suspect could her family get some kind of emergency restraining order/protective custody for the kids or ??

I am very worried that the kids are in Washington, with his father...his father is at best an enabler, at worst a conspirator IMHO...and he sure is enabling Josh now

I worry about the kids, too.

I think there is a sadly growing segment of society that thinks it's rather sophisticated to make no judgments. It's all good.
And just an aside, Kiirsi was speaking on Channel 2 (CBS affiliate) last night...

Does all the blogging/facebooking/name calling of "haters" help find Susan? I don't see how. Beyond that, I tend to back away from obvious black/white thinking. The whole, you either agree (let's all be happy, positive folks :wink:) or you're a hater is a huge red flag to me. JMO...and may I say that my faith that the truth will come out is placed squarely in the hands of LE. I don't look any impressive breakthrough in this case via blogs.

:waitasec:

:Benny_monkeysmilies

:slap:

:rotfl:

Now all we need is Gloria Allred huffing and puffing about something or other to do with the case, and we will officially have a "poo flinging" contest of epic proprortions....:innocent:

and thats all I gotta say about THAT pearl of wisdom...:angel:

LOL eeyorelrn...

But only if it turns out that Josh has a mistress - and that mistress has a book/movie/tv interview deal in the works. :rolleyes: Gloria doesn't roll that massive brooch on her shoulder out of bed in the morning unless she smells major $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa