Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to read about a possible break in this case!
Brittanee needs to be reunited with her family, hopefully alive and well. :praying:
Glad to see they're still actively pursuing leads, and that leads are still coming in!

DD seemed calm and composed in the interview, and seems to think they're close to finding Brittanee and whoever is responsible for her disappearance. I wonder what kind of leads they have and if they're related to the kids back in Rochester or a stranger/acquaintance in MB.

I wonder if once DD got back to Rochester if she leaned on RPD to pressure the "friends" from the trip. Seems since she has returned more is happening on the case. Either that or Perp relaxed in SC. I'm glad they have a PI on this and attorneys

Has anyone heard anything about this is was in the MBpolice call records.

09-064969 7/4/2009 09:10AM 3450 17 BY SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES COMPL BELIEVES HE MAY HAVE FOUND HUMAN
REMAINS IN A FIELD NEAR THE MOTEL COMPL WILL MEET OFFICER IN THE
PARKING LOT HE IS IN A 04 GRY CHEV TAHOE PA TAG EPR6182; 332 IS OFF OF
HAIGE DRIVE OFF OF WATERGATE DRIVE FIRST DIRT ROAD ON THE LEFT AFTER
YOU GET ON HAIGE DRIVE; HUMAN REMAINS FOUND; COUNTY PD EN RT (09:37:44

I'll try to see where this is on the map anyone know?

09-064969 7/4/2009 09:10AM 3450 17 BY SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES COMPL BELIEVES HE MAY HAVE FOUND HUMAN

This location is only 15 minutes or so from OCEAN BLVD. Google directions said to take the 17 Bypass. Isnt' that the way the cell phone pings went? I think this might be BD.

I so hope that Brittanee can be found soon. I hope that the remains found are not hers. MB is so much fun but there is so much danger there also.

This location is only 15 minutes or so from OCEAN BLVD. Google directions said to take the 17 Bypass. Isnt' that the way the cell phone pings went? I think this might be BD.

Ack!
Noooooo
:(

Even if it's not BD... it's somebody.
Is it evil of me to hope that it's somebody else?

Surprising nothing in SC News on the remains found July 4th around 9:30 AM. Praying for Britt and her family.

I very much hope that Brittanee is alive out there somewhere. I realize that is this is not Brittanee, it is someone.

Prayers for Britt!

Has anyone seen anything in the media about this? I can't seem to find anything. A male body was found June 29th, but it has been identified. Nothing about anything recent? Is that weird?

Salem

could the dispatcher have typed Haige but was referring to Hague?
Hague is just one block off of Watergate Dr, right there by 17.
It's really close, Rochestergirl you are right, it'd be just about 10 - 15 minutes from Ocean Blvd, in the direction her cell would have traveled to ping where it did.

I took a drive-by via google maps, down Hague and although I did not see a dirt road on the left, it does get creepy down at the end of the map... running into this!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=Fo4o3GEZsuRMyYP7eumfOQ&cbp=12,288.81,,0,-1.8

could the dispatcher have typed Haige but was referring to Hague?
Hague is just one block off of Watergate Dr, right there by 17.
It's really close, Rochestergirl you are right, it'd be just about 10 - 15 minutes from Ocean Blvd, in the direction her cell would have traveled to ping where it did.

I took a drive-by via google maps, down Hague and although I did not see a dirt road on the left, it does get creepy down at the end of the map... running into this!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=Fo4o3GEZsuRMyYP7eumfOQ&cbp=12,288.81,,0,-1.8

I was just pulling this up on google and notice Marina off of Watergate and the dirt road on the left with a field next to it. Do you think that possibly could be the proper location?

So looking at a map this seems to be a "straight shot" from around point A to B? Looks like one road to me:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...5497,-78.92621&spn=0.041071,0.090895&t=h&z=14

Yep, pretty straight shot. Could also have north on Ocean a couple blocks to Broadway, then out Broadway to 17 south, and down tot he location. If it is B, and if they took her here immediately after abducting her, assuming she was abducted on her walk back to her hotel, it might have been easier for them to head Broadway to 17 to avoid the crowd all the way down Ocean.

considering the call was called in at 9:10 and then the time i bolded said 9:37...i wonder if that means LE was there and confirmed at 9:37 that it was human remains?

considering the call was called in at 9:10 and then the time i bolded said 9:37...i wonder if that means LE was there and confirmed at 9:37 that it was human remains?

That's exactly what I took it to mean. I could be wrong though... and my wife would like you all to know that I am usually wrong!

Just another observation, likely irrelevant, but interesting to me.

This area, by Hague Dr., is basically a little marina area that sits right on the Intracoastal Waterway. Quite a few little boats docked here on the map.

Now, I am sure the locals know this place exists, but for an out-of-towner it would be pretty well hidden back there.

We do, however, have a key player in this case with a connection to boating.

Just an observation. A person like that might have knowledge of a place like this.

okay... I really hope that isn't BD. But if the report specifically stated 'remains' as opposed to a 'body' that would indicate the decedent had been dead for weeks, probably months... which points to Brittanee.

are there any other missing people out of SC or the region that this could be? How would B's cell phone have gotten to Georgetown/McClellanville? if the remains are Brittanee's, could it be that the perp took her clothes and purse off her body, buried/hid the body, then took the clothes and purse containing the cell phone with him (perhaps his residence is in the area of the pings)? hmmm :confused:

Now I'm curious if any RSO's in the area of B's cell phone pings were checked out.

If the remains aren't Brittanee's, I still have hope in this case being solved b/c DD does. I'll comb through the media reports on the MBPD website and edit if I find anything of interest. :)

Edit - There have been 2 other disturbances at the motel where the remains were found. It is a Super 8 motel.
6/21/2009 01:08PM 3450 17 BY SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES///N RM 212
6/22/2009 11:11AM 3450 17 BY DISTURBANCE/DISORDERLY BM IN RM 202 HAS BEEN ASKED TO LEAVE BY GM
AND REFUSES
& the human remains call.

I looked into the motel a little and it was described as in a "rough/scary part of town" by a guest, and they mentioned police frequenting the area. There are a lot of prostitution calls on the highway 17 bypass and the streets surrounding it. Looks like a hotbed for criminal activity.

Seems like the remains are more likely to be a prostitute or a drug dealer... imo.

I wish we had some more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member