Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to catch up on this case. Where can I read about the pc and tweets? Most kids do try pot, drinking and experiment with sex. It is a different world now, not like when we were kids. We walked everywhere and didn't fear some one grabbing us, maybe we were just stupid, IDK. It just feels worse now some how.

If her keys were in the purse, we would know she locked the door. At least the homes I know, you have to lock them from outside....deadbolts

I haven't watched the JVM segment yet (it's on my DVR), but I have to commend Marlene for speaking to the media at all. So many missing children's parents do not speak out much or at all. The only thing Marlene can do at this point is advocate for her daughter. She has to be Sierra's voice right now. I think Marlene is doing a pretty good job so far. The most important job Marlene has right now is keeping Sierra's name in the news and keeping the interest level high in this case.

Last time I posted this I got slammed, but I still can't understand why her mother would have let her live with her father since he was a RSO! Wasn't she concerned about what might be happening in that house? The people that might be around her daughter? This just isn't adding up people. Something horribly wrong with this family in general. I'm sorry that these remarks are offending, but the key is to digging deep there. Who was hanging around that house and had access to this child?

OMG, now I really need to start from the beginning:what: I will say this, I don't know what offense he had, but I know lots of guys that dated girls too young and then they married them and had a family. There was a guy not long ago, that asked a judge to expel his record because he was a sex offender in the eyes of the law, but he was 18 and his gf was 15, they have been married for over 15 years and would like to not have to register.

OMG, now I really need to start from the beginning:what: I will say this, I don't know what offense he had, but I know lots of guys that dated girls too young and then they married them and had a family. There was a guy not long ago, that asked a judge to expel his record because he was a sex offender in the eyes of the law, but he was 18 and his gf was 15, they have been married for over 15 years and would like to not have to register.

No...her father did some time for molesting a young girl or girls in his home, I believe they were friends of his older daughter...

Bern, I don't know where you go to find her many, many tweets and her Tumbler acct. I scanned them once and it was difficult to digest. People tell me that this is a new world. I say, "Not in my house, it is still 1970".

I can't believe her mother would not know by now about her online presence...LE surely would have questioned her about what she might know about it?

She knew about her Facebook but I highly doubt she knew or knows what the content of the tweets concerned . Or worse the tumbler account.

Oh Bern, you are in for a shock. We need you though. You may get some ideas. Keep in mind, we have been told the mother, father and boyfriend are NOT suspect. They also have all taken polys...

It all depends on what you're used to. My elementary school was 6 houses from where i lived and when i started kindergarten, my grandmother had a taxi take me to school. It was the same driver every day who became a friend of the family. When i reached 2nd grade my grandmother walked me herself and started the first security in the school where she sat at a desk near the front door and signed in visitors to the school in. If it started raining while i was in school, she'd bring me rain boots. If it was cold, i had to wear pants under my dress and take them off since we weren't allowed to wear pants to school. I grew up with that type of care and i'm not as bad as my grandmother was but i am concerned about my kids in the elements. I might also add that my oldest daughter who is 21 now never missed one single day of school in the 13 years she went.

As far as Sierra, she probably had a back up plan or she didn't go to school on the days she missed the bus.

It is nice that you had a grandmother there for you. Unfortunately so many people don't have any support system and family to help. I would like to see things go back to the way they were when I was growing up where it was the village that raised the child. Neighbors helped neighbors, etc. Now, everything is such a rat race for so many to survive and provide for basic necessities. Some are blessed to have the time and support to do more than others. Some wish they had the time and support and it can be very sad and stressful for those in this category. The question is how as a society can we do a better job to be there for our neighbor?

Exactly! Why was she taken away from Fremont when her parent/s still worked in Fremont. They could have dropped her off at her Fremont High School each day. It makes no sense. We need more information on this aspect of the case.

So far, I have learned absolutely nothing from the mother who is so close to her daughter, yet the mother is not even around 12 of her waking hours. All I keep hearing is how close they are. Well then tell me why Sierra could not attend school in Fremont with her friends.

Was it a family decision to remove her for her own safety? Was she in with a bad crowd? Or is there something else going on here?

IIRC, Sierra's mom had bought a condo in Fremont ? In 2010 ? But,the family moved into the rental house in MH ? Sounds like there was a pressing reason to get away from Fremont...JMO Might have nothing at all to do with her disappearance..Or it could have evrything to do with it...MOO

Exactly! Why was she taken away from Fremont when her parent/s still worked in Fremont. They could have dropped her off at her Fremont High School each day. It makes no sense. We need more information on this aspect of the case.

So far, I have learned absolutely nothing from the mother who is so close to her daughter, yet the mother is not even around 12 of her waking hours. All I keep hearing is how close they are. Well then tell me why Sierra could not attend school in Fremont with her friends.

Was it a family decision to remove her for her own safety? Was she in with a bad crowd? Or is there something else going on here?

The reason has been discussed on many threads here . Marlene's B/F job is in MH so they moved to be closer to his job. And from I have heard Sierra would come up to Fremont to visit her Dad on weekends.

As long as LE knows everything about Sierra's life, past and present...I guess we don't really need to know. But hoping that nothing is being held back from LE for any reason...JMO

Everyone has been so focused on the Morgan Hill area since this is where she was last seen. I think the focus should shift to FREMONT, where she moved from. And WHY did she move? That's what I think is the critical question. No popular teenager (such as a cheerleader) would want to move from their high school. What happened there? That's the key to this case I believe.

Was it because her dad was released from jail at that time? That's all I can think of...that the mom wanted to move away.

I am reading a text book on criminal profiling and after I read what I did, I will die on the spot before I go anywhere, I swear to God. What happens to some of these people are beyond anything I could ever image. I read a few pages, take a break and then go back, that is all I can manage some days.

We must be reading the same book. :(

Was it because her dad was released from jail at that time? That's all I can think of...that the mom wanted to move away.

No it had nothing at all to do with the father. In fact the oldest when home from college lived with him . And Sierra after they moved to Morgan Hill came and stayed with him on weekends. I really wish people would get off the dad point he has been cleared as well as the B/F and the family.

Moo as always but what it boils down to with Marlene IMO is sadly what is the "norm" for many families across the country.. she and Sierra IMO were not close at all and with us not knowing the family dynamics we just don't know what the circumstances were that caused both Sierra and her sister to reside with their father for years rather than their mother.. while I won't stupidly say that thisnever happens I will say that its not norm for both daughters to reside with the father when the mom is still obviously in their lives.. I'm not saying anything negative about anyone but rather I'm just stating that for reasons unbeknownst to us that Marlene and Sierra were not close and that Marlene doesn't really "know" her daughter sadly.. I believe that Marlene very much has somewhat realized this but her admitting it is atotally different story.. I believe that alot of what is being seen in terms of Marlenes strange or odd nuances is her severe discomfort with dealing with her not really knowing her daughter in front of the giant public eye...

Jmo, tho!

Oh Bern, you are in for a shock. We need you though. You may get some ideas. Keep in mind, we have been told the mother, father and boyfriend are NOT suspect. They also have all taken polys...

LOL, OH Whisperer, I just read the time line and it filled me in on the dad, where the backpack was found and what was in it. I don't know what a tumbler account is, but it must be interesting reading.

I do know different reasons for kids packing cloths. I don't know if this fits here or not with her.

1. You have some activity at school and want to dress down or change into something else.
2. Skipping school with a friend and may go swimming or to a park. You also wear one thing out the door if you think someone will see you and change out of it and into something else once you get there.
3. Time of the month may get heavy and you take extra cloths.

That is all I can think of for now.

Everyone has been so focused on the Morgan Hill area since this is where she was last seen. I think the focus should shift to FREMONT, where she moved from. And WHY did she move? That's what I think is the critical question. No popular teenager (such as a cheerleader) would want to move from their high school. What happened there? That's the key to this case I believe.

Presumably her friends in Fremont have been interviewed as well. It is not unheard of for parents to move a daughter because they feared her involvement with an "inappropriate" male. This is something that should have been ruled out the first day. It is also not unheard of for parents, in a missing child case to withhold critical but potentially embarrassing information. I trust the MHPD knows what they are doing and have questioned the parents rigorously.

I believe that most girls as "social" as Sierra would keep close friends, in Fremont as well as Morgan Hill, well informed about any boys that they had any interest in; even an "inappropriate" older boy, even if the boy had told her not to "tell anyone".

The fact that the MHPD has allowed this case to become a media circus and are encouraging ground searches and such is suggestive that the Police are convinced that this is a real abduction. At this point, it would reflect very poorly on the Dept if Sierra were to turn up with some guy she had run off with.

The reason has been discussed on many threads here . Marlene's B/F job is in MH so they moved to be closer to his job. And from I have heard Sierra would come up to Fremont to visit her Dad on weekends.

Thanks JDB

So was this BF a long term deal? You take your child away from everything she knows and likes in her school where she was active to a rural setting 50 miles away. Meantime, the mother travels a difficult commute to Fremont daily and Sierra stays behind alone and goes off to a different school where she drops her cheerleading activity which she clearly enjoyed in Fremont.

So, it appears Marlene's BF's needs were priority. :truce:

I have issues, peeps don't need to throw tomatoes...

So was this BF a long term deal? You take your child away from everything she knows and likes in her school where she was active to a rural setting 50 miles away. Meantime, the mother travels to Fremont daily and Sierra stays behind. This is not an easy commute.

So Marlene's BF's needs were priority. :truce:

I have issues, you don't need to throw tomatoes...

Like they say different strokes for different folks. I did not say I agreed with what they did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23