**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
DT can choose to refute anything they want....just like they tried with the gas mileage. Don't have to but can choose to.

Tried to dispute and spin the gas mileage, but in the end, Collins failed.

In fact I thought these fees were rather reasonable. Someone I know now is involved in a civil suit where the attorney fees are going to be 40 % of the eventual settlement.

My point was very simple.

If a family wishes to bring a civil suit they should be responsible for the legal fees.

They should not come out of a trust account for a minor.....

DT can choose to refute anything they want....just like they tried with the gas mileage. Don't have to but can choose to.

Very effectively too, I might add.

Their argument with the gas made much more sense, because the state can not account for where else Jason would have had to buy gas.

How convenient that LE found Gracie, though....:rolleyes:

I think out of the 4 attorneys closings arguements, Collins hit it out of the ball park

In fact, I think they are still looking for the ball.....:)

That guy is awesome, when his voice broke, saying the state wants you to convict based on__________________

That was the WOW moment of the trial.

I have a question for those that think Jy is innocent. What do you think about him not showing any interest in knowing who brutally murdered his wife while his child was nearby? To my knowledge not showing any interest in solving her murder and fighting for justice?

I'm okay with the fact that he got an attorney. With his attorney always present he could have stayed in touch with LE and made sure they were actively looking for her killer. Even though it is clear he didn't love MY or want to be married if he did not kill his wife I would think he would still want her murder solved. I would think he would be *angry* at who did this to her and especially putting his child possibly in harms way.

There are many cases I know of where the husband or parent was the POI/suspect, yet they worked with LE through their attorneys to clear themselves so police could carry on the investigation to find the real killers.

I'm just curious as to how this is justified?

moo.moo.moo.

If there is no link it is just what I think.

I totally agree .... heck for that matter get 3 attorneys and take a recorder with you or take 8 friends with you but atleast try to inquire about who killed ur wife.

Nah!! He was right on

Omg, Collins nailed that gas argument in both trials.

According to the state's theory, Jason would have run out of gas 20 miles before he ever hit King, NC....

Can you even imagine that?

:what:

See ya Monday !! :seeya:

There is no evidence that the child was carried to the bathroom. I think the testimony is on day 4 where the investigator discusses a special machine that was purchased to reveal bloody prints on the carpet between the bedroom and the bathroom.
(In viewing the photos of the bathroom, the bloody prints are hardly faint. They obviously came from feet saturated in blood. Had she walked from the bedroom to the bathroom they would have been faint IMO. Plus, the carpet should have darker bloody prints. Check out the threshold where the hall carpet meets the bathroom. You can see where the person who carried her to the bathroom put her down "too soon" and her heels left dark marks on the carpet! There would have been clear prints on the carpet if she had walked and not been carried!)
There is no evidence that someone was in the bathroom with the child ... only evidence of the child, a child that was capable of using the taps and the sink and who mentioned the washcloth during the 911 call.
(I don't know that anyone was with her or not in that bathroom...to me it doesn't matter either way. I think the most important part is she was carried....so I'll throw ya a bone and concede that point)
Clothes he was wearing when he arrived in Raleigh were never requested so we don't know for certain what shirts he was wearing. (Testimony from eyewitnesses said he was wearing a light colored sweater. This was from MF and his own mother...don't know what more you need on that matter)If Jason needed Meredith to rescue his daughter, he would have called first thing in the morning ... not noon.(I have my own theories that he was assuming that her doctor's office, workplace, and CY's daycare would have called him when they didn't show up for appointment and work which would have started his process to find out why. That didn't happen, so he had to use the MF getting the print out. I also think had he called MF first thing in the am he knows that would have looked suspicious eventually.)
Suppose the camera was not tampered with in the morning. Suppose Jason was seen entering the hotel at 6:37 ... wouldn't it be easier to say that he had to get something from the car - like his tie - than to tilt the camera again? (That wouldn't have worked b/c he wouldn't have been seen going outside. Don't forget that the maintenance man fixed the tampered with camera around 5am. When JY returned from the murder and saw the rock was removed from the door he realized that the camera may have been fixed so he needed to approach it carefully to point it away from catching him coming in!)
If the room door was propped open at 4 in the morning, the night audit clerk should have noticed it when he slid the receipt under the door or placed the newspaper on the doorhandle. (It's not like the door was wide open. The door was still "flush" with the door frame, just not connected. I don't know that I would notice that if I was making mass delieveries to numerous hotel room doors.)
He admitted propping the exterior door open with a twig ... and it's been verified as successful way to prop the door. It's like the search for head trauma on the computer ... it's been verified as being connected to an actual accident (something the prosecution would have known because they had Michelle's email - yet prosecutors put a sinister spin on it to twist the facts)
(There's JY's DNA on the rock that the hotel worked kicked out from the propped open door....direct evidence. I think JY did see an accident, but he just used that as a way to explain those computer searches once he became aware of the evidence in discovery. Those search terms sure wouldn't be ones I would use if trying to find out about an accident I witnessed.)
He had plans to pick up furniture from his parent's home, a known fact right after the murder. (Correct me if I'm wrong WS posters, but it was a last minute decision for him to go there. Even the msg. he left MY that morning was that he decided to go to Brevard to see his Mom, Heather and Joe and come back Saturday morning since he had just found out from Ambrose that they weren't coming on Friday night!)
"Robber" may have gone up the bonus room steps, thinking people were still up and on the main floor (lights on throughout the house), completely missing the purse in the kitchen. (Prosecution pointed out in photos that the purse was on the floor....basically at the foot of the steps and could be seen from any way the "robber" came in.)
Violent attack may have been result of Michelle fighting back during strangulation. Bedroom door handle set was damaged at some point and had to be replaced through insurance. (???which door handle set? MY's blood was contained to bed and floor by bed...she didn't make it to the door IMO).
Garage exterior people-door was routinely left unlocked ... no need for key to enter home. Daughter of Christa Worthington also left unharmed after stranger- murder. (That same door had a BIG red sticker that stated the house had a security system...check it out in the photo....not very inviting to a "robber", but wouldn't be a problem for someone who knew if it would be on or not)
I switched from guilty to not-guilty after the first trial ... I'm still open minded, but the more I look at it, the harder it is for me to believe that the prosecution is objective.
I gladly welcome you back to the other side of the fence if you find any of my points compelling.

I (of course) have a differing opinion on those points above (mine are in red). Maybe I can convince you to change your mind, maybe not....but I can try :rocker: I imagine this is pretty much what the jurors did on Friday and will be doing on Monday. I'm a licensed private investigator so I do try to stay objective. It's an occupational hazard if I don't. I enjoy my work and like to think I have a good vision for piecing things together, which is why once I've seen all the pieces and feel I have the answers it's hard to change my mind. I've said it before on these boards that the worse thing in the world would be to send an innocent man to jail. That's why I don't take it lightly when I say with certainty beyond a reasonable doubt that Jason Lynn Young killed his wife!

We can all sit here & argue back & forth till the cows come home, but it really doesn't matter-- The jury will make the decision not us...... Praying that the jury comes back NG! And they find the real killer or killers....

Very effectively too, I might add.

Their argument with the gas made much more sense, because the state can not account for where else Jason would have had to buy gas.

How convenient that LE found Gracie, though....:rolleyes:

I think out of the 4 attorneys closings arguements, Collins hit it out of the ball park

In fact, I think they are still looking for the ball.....:)

That guy is awesome, when his voice broke, saying the state wants you to convict based on__________________

That was the WOW moment of the trial.

Hmm..I don't think it was convenient they found Gracie....I think it was because they went up and down that highway going to gas stations...good old fashion police work.
I thought Collins struck out...no home run IMO.

Yep and the shirt that u have on at midnite comes up missing!! SMH
Question: where is the shirt? Oh, he must have left it at the hotel, well how con·ven·ient!!!!

<modsnip> We all have different opinions.... :woohoo: It would be a boring world if we all thought the same way

Just dropping in to say (again): if you are planning a murder, you plan to leave "evidence" that points away from yourself. One of the easiest ways of course is shoes and prints that are too small. <modsnip>.

I've wondered if, after realizing he'd left his HP prints, he then rooted around in that closet for a size 10 pair of shoes that he knew were in there.

I can't remember what happened to their house. Did they sell it? Did it go into foreclosure?

Hmm..I don't think it was convenient they found Gracie....I think it was because they went up and down that highway going to gas stations...good old fashion police work.
I thought Collins struck out...no home run IMO.

So, where is the "other" gas station Jason would have stopped at after leaving Hillsville?

If they could find Gracie, why couldn't they find "another" station?

He did not have enough gas to make it to Clintwood .

We know he stopped in Duffield on his way to Brevard.

Man, there could have been so many smoking guns in this case, one right after another......

If a friend of Michelle claimed that no one was admitted to the hospital where she worked at the time that Jason witnessed the accident, that's all very well, but it does not mean that the accident did not happen. If the prosecution wants to prove that it did not happen, they needed intake witnesses from all hospitals testifying that no one was admitted with head trauma.

So right. For all we know the individual did not make it thus went straight to the ME.

So right. For all we know the individual did not make it thus went straight to the ME.

I was hoping that they would find the accident victim, but when MY's email came in asking Shelle to try and find out about the accident because Jase was so stessing, that was as good as finding him.

Folks, this thread is not meant to give us two days for "G" and "NG" posters to snip and snipe at each other.

We're not asking you to do anything very difficult--simply to post your opinions in a manner that is respectful of your fellow WSers, whether or not they agree with you.

No snark. No baiting. No put-downs, direct or implied.

Got it? I hope so, because the next step is :ufo: and no one wants that.

"Robber" may have gone up the bonus room steps, thinking people were still up and on the main floor (lights on throughout the house), completely missing the purse in the kitchen.

snipped by me,

mighty brave robber. not saying that it's impossible, but there's a reason that most burglaries happen during the day while people are at work. if a robber is willing to go into a house suspecting that the homeowners are not only home but still awake, you would think they would be armed with a weapon to immediately kill if a confrontation should occur. not risk getting shot themselves or having to spend time and struggle to strangle and beat somebody to death. and not being familiar with the house, how would they know if there was more than one staircase, or how much time they had to clean up so well that only 1 smear of blood was found downstairs? maybe the lights were on b/c her husband was on the way home? again, mighty, mighty brave. or highly doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth