2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

tattoo motion---

(..there's so much more to the tattoo, and it's timing, her state of mind etc. other than the fact that she just went out and got one.)

"described as a demonstartion of her stupidity, showing she is 'pure evil personified', guilty, a bad mother, ugly, sickening, really making her look like a killer, and pyscho of the century".

Respectfully snipped

"described as a demonstration of her stupidity, showing she is 'pure evil personified', guilty, a bad mother, ugly, sickening, really making her look like a killer, and pyscho of the century".

Aint it the truth. And doesn't that sum up why Baez needs to win this motion. Unfortunately, the same old predudicial, right to a fair trial, death is different argument won't imo stand up. Not only does it go to her state of mind, it also empeaches several things she said in her only written statement to LE.

”I have lied and stolen money from friends and family to do whatever I could by any means to find my daughter”

Really? How much did that Bella Vita Tatoo cost unemployed Casey Anthony. And seems on July 15th she was back at the tatoo parlour to book tattoo number 2. She also tells owner Danny Collamarino, Caylee was with imaginanny and she will bring her along on Saturday. That imo supports another of the State’s theories that the kidnapping stunt originated after Cindy tracked her down and got the cops involved.

:twocents: I imagine the State will use a similar argument for the tatoo as LDB used at the May 10th hearing re the photos of Muffin, dirty dancing at Fusians, 4 days after Caylee disappeared. Dirty Dancing was not the point. The point was, this event happened during the timeframe on the endictment and Casey Anthony would later tell LE, she went to bars and clubs trying to find Zanny. The photos and witnesses say otherwise.

“I have spent everyday since June 9, 2008 looking for my daughter.”

Except when I was at tattoo parlours, bars, nightclubs, the nail salon, Target, Will Water’s 4th of July party, Ikea, updating my facebook account or with Tony...................

..newsJunkie..

..the 3 wasn't missing-----it was the 4 that was missing!
( and the three---well it rhymes with 'Finally" in baezland..)

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331430/detail.html

..baez math skills :
( page 3 of above motion ):

"Admission of the statements would be improper on four seperate grounds".

"First, it would violate her right to counsel under the 5th and 6th ammendments..."

"Second, it would violate Ms.Anthony's due process rights.....and, "

"Finally, the potential for substantial unfair prejudice substantially outweighs..."

------therefore 1st + 2nd + Finally = 4.

:waitasec: you say tomato, I say tomahto!!!!!!!

In my parts, finally implies that the stated number of points in a list have been met and since he wrote first and second the missing point is three. 4 is finally by default!

Either way, JB was wrong not me!! :deadhorse::deal::nevermind:

One in a half hours to gooooooooooo -- I can't wait! Please be sanctions day!

So Eliza Baker's hearing was continued until tomorrow, hopefully new charges then.

And Mona Nelson was given a court appointment attorney.

Two fast, quick, boring hearings. Let's hope this is not setting a precedent for Casey's hearing!

Is it me or does TrueTV have a huge leaning towards the defense side.

Tru TV covering the case now...saying there appears to be 22 motions to be covered today...some of them are frye hearings.

http://www.wesh.com/r/26349043/detail.html

Ok, So I follow Casey Anthony Updates on FB. I just looked (but not too deeply, as I'm getting the kiddo ready for school) and couldn't find anything on this. If it's here, Mods, please delete.

So I read the article. The defense wants EVERYTHING thrown out. You've got to be kidding?! Of course they do. Without key pieces of evidence, the SA will not have a case.

From the article, this is what they want tossed:

• Anthony’s reaction to reports that her daughter’s remains had been found
  • State evidence pertaining to an alleged heart-shaped sticker found with the remains of Anthony's daughter Caylee

• Anthony’s statements (Which Statements? Which Anthony?!)
  • Conversations Anthony had with her family as well as letters she wrote to a jailhouse pen pal.
  • A video created on the website JibJab.com that depicts Anthony, and others, dancing to the “Monster Mash.”
  • A tattoo that reads "bella vita," Italian for "beautiful life." Prosecutors claim Casey got the tattoo two weeks after her daughter, Caylee, disappeared.
  • Anthony’s personal MySpace profile and its “Diary of Days” blog
  • Cindy Anthony’s MySpace page
  • State evidence about Anthony asking a neighbor for a shovel during Caylee’s disappearance.
  • Evidence found in Anthony’s car trunk, including traces of chloroform, decomposition and a stain.
Sure, while they're at it, why don't they toss out the finding of the remains?! :banghead: I don't know how Baez and crew sleep at night.

Like I said, I didn't look too deeply this morning, so this may already have a thread of it's own. I have stopped following this case on WS until the trial, but this got me riled up. lol

ETA: BBM I don't really know what bearing the Monster Mash vid has on the case. I thought it was very funny!

Well yes. They are filing motions to throw everything possible out. This is legal maneuvering, and they honestly don't have any real expectations of success with this. I don't think the judge or the attorneys will waste much time with these. These are simply to preserve avenues of challenge for appeal. The defense can't challenge something on an appeal if they did not raise the issue at trial. So in order to keep everything open for afterwards they throw spam at the court now. I don't think anyone outside of the possibility of JB and KC herself has any expectations that any of these motions will be granted, outside of a few very specific and easy to see evidentiary matters. (ie. The heart shaped sticker residue on the duct tape, or the video of KC's reaction). I'm betting most of these will be shot down without much in the way of oral arguments.

Now the Frye hearing stuff, the sanctions stuff. That will probably get some heated presentations and eat up some time today. But the tatoo... not so much I'm betting.

If the Judge hands baez his butt today, we should all send the Judge a big fat Steak. LOL

What are Frye hearings again? :waitasec:

I thought that was a separate hearing, but I think that's for the whatever was used to measure the smell in the car. I think a Frye hearing is whenever a scientific/forensic method is challenged, basically will it be thrown out because of not enough support in the scientific community or is it good enough to be used in a trial? That is the question, I believe. I know someone can put this in better words than me, lol.

Well yes. They are filing motions to throw everything possible out. This is legal maneuvering, and they honestly don't have any real expectations of success with this. I don't think the judge or the attorneys will waste much time with these. These are simply to preserve avenues of challenge for appeal. The defense can't challenge something on an appeal if they did not raise the issue at trial. So in order to keep everything open for afterwards they throw spam at the court now. I don't think anyone outside of the possibility of JB and KC herself has any expectations that any of these motions will be granted, outside of a few very specific and easy to see evidentiary matters. (ie. The heart shaped sticker residue on the duct tape, or the video of KC's reaction). I'm betting most of these will be shot down without much in the way of oral arguments.

Now the Frye hearing stuff, the sanctions stuff. That will probably get some heated presentations and eat up some time today. But the tatoo... not so much I'm betting.

Placing my bets :)

EXCLUDED:

video of Casey seeing news of remains being found

telephoto lenses in courtroom

quite possibly Dr. Vass's conclusions re odor signature of decomp (due to database and related statistics not being produced)

JibJab video (as if anyone was ever going to use it anyway)

heart sticker residue testimony if anyone was planning to give any (although this drives me crazy as I believe the FBI was incorrect in concluding that their photos "failed to capture" the heart shape)

Anthony R. testimony about sex (as if anyone planned to ask him)

Tim's speculation about what Casey was about to do with the map (which the SA would never have asked for at trial).

What are Frye hearings again? :waitasec:

To determine the reliability of scientific evidence.

(aka "junk science")

Some of the issues will be the Body Farm, the touch DNA, the cadaver dogs... although all of these will not be heard today. Just examples.

OT: So good to see you Kent!!! :hug: :blowkiss:

Less than one hour people! Woot woot!

GOOD MORNING, PEEPS!!!

:seeya: :seeya: :seeya:

So excited about watching hearing with all of you today!

:great: :rocker: :great:

SO BEHIND on this case and have been speculating as to what intent of defense actually is....

So thinking outside the box for a moment...

I can't help but wonder if this flurry of motions attempting to have a lot of this evidence thrown out (and not even the most damaging evidence imo!) is more than just attempting to preserve right to appeal? :waitasec:

I wonder if perhaps this is the defense last attempt to try to convince KC that she NEEDS to consider negotiating a plea? Could Baez tactic be to have KC present firsthand to hear HHJP DENY disallowing so much evidence? Is Baez going to shake his head and tell KC, "Sorry....it is all coming in....all will be revealed..."?

LDB motion also has me :waitasec::waitasec:

While I think it is long overdue, WHY NOW?

Taking into consideration the flurry of motions by the defense and ADDING in the timing of this SA motion, I cannot help but wonder if it is even remotely POSSIBLE that SA and the defense are both willing to negotiate a possible plea, but KC is the only hold out?

Did SA file its motion NOW in an attempt to keep any and all future negotiation details confidential and out of the realm of the public and media?

Gonna be an interesting hearing!!!

:woohoo:

KentJBKent!!!!!!! ............ :great:

..................................... :fireworks:

KJBK, in my layperson's understanding, Frye hearings are the ones that determine whether a scientific method or finding is valid to be presented during the trial.

One hour to go! :woohoo:

Wonder if JB's tummy is in knots right now? :eek:kay: I would be dreading setting foot in that courtroom if I were him. I hope HHJP sanctions them and sanctions them good :waiting: :gavel: :whip:

Does everybody have their :popcorn: ready?

Is it me or does TrueTV have a huge leaning towards the defense side.

ITA....that has always been my impression..but then again--perhaps they err on the side of innocent until proven guilty

OMG - I am off work today! Heavy duty cleaning my house...but that can wait! ha I will be able to eat popcorn and watch the fireworks without having to "sneak" peeks at work!:great::great::great:

I thought that was a separate hearing, but I think that's for the whatever was used to measure the smell in the car. I think a Frye hearing is whenever a scientific/forensic method is challenged, basically will it be thrown out because of not enough support in the scientific community or is it good enough to be used in a trial? That is the question, I believe. I know someone can put this in better words than me, lol.

You did a great job...it is indeed the "junk science" hearings...lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back