GUILTY MO - Shawn Hornbeck & Ben Ownby abducted by Michael Devlin, 2007

It stated they failed to file last year I am thinking they were so excited about Shawn coming home it could have been put on the back burner. I have faith they will get the status back, the article states they will be re-instated when they get the filings in.

This just some times happens with non-profits. Jeez the paperwork is a nightmare.

I work for someone who is on the board of what seems to be a gazillion and two non-profits. It just took me EIGHT weeks to get something re-certified in Nevada. I even had "step by step instructions" from two different customer service people....they gave instructions, just on the wrong form.

It is a nightmare

Shawn Hornbeck Foundation shut down
[SIZE=-1]Kansas City Star - MO,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LOUIS | The Shawn Hornbeck Foundation is closed down by the state for failing to file its annual report last year.[/SIZE]

The Akers said the foundation immediately began work on the necessary paperwork when they learned what had not been filed, and they will seek reinstatement as soon as possible.
"We regret having missed the deadline for the filing of this report, and will take the steps necessary to improve our administrative accountability," Akers said.
http://www.bnd.com/430/story/348152.html

The Akers said the foundation immediately began work on the necessary paperwork when they learned what had not been filed, and they will seek reinstatement as soon as possible.
"We regret having missed the deadline for the filing of this report, and will take the steps necessary to improve our administrative accountability," Akers said.
http://www.bnd.com/430/story/348152.html

I know if I got my son back after so many years I wouldn't want to do anything but hang out with him.

I know if I got my son back after so many years I wouldn't want to do anything but hang out with him.
True...but being he is a teenager...not sure he would agree with that as much. I imagine they have had a difficult time letting him have his space now. I know I would be hovering constantly and driving him crazy!

Awww well it happens. They will get it back up and running. How embarrassing tho.

It happens more frequently than you would think. This one got publicly reported because of the sensationalism of the story tied to the foundation. Honestly, I wish this story wasn't reported ... if they're doing good work, there was no need for them to take this kind of hit to their reputation just so a reporter can have a hot byline.

I have to agree. It is sad they chose to report it. Then again, maybe someone will see they are having a bit of trouble and offer to come help out. :) Silver lining?!

On 9-27-08 48 hours mystery on CBS will air their premiere which is "Shawn Hornbeck talks about his kidnapping ordeal and his rescue."

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up. :blowkiss:

On 9-27-08 48 hours mystery on CBS will air their premiere which is "Shawn Hornbeck talks about his kidnapping ordeal and his rescue."

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up. :blowkiss:

Thanks for the heads up. Shawn is a very brave soul to share the horrific details and is to be commended. Only education can change laws for sex offenders and/or to bring more help to kidnap victims, especially children.

Shawn and Shasta Groene have shown the world that these beasts who commit atrocities have a formidable foe....goodness of children and those who love them.

bumping for tonights 48 hour show. it's going to be hard to hear what Shawn has to say.

So far it is very well done and Shawn is well spoken. The background of what happened was shown the rest of the story to come so still time to watch.

I agree Shawn looks good for all he endured so young.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back