NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
When our daughter started showing signs of puberty....my husband always asked me about it without our daughter present....now that she is a grown woman, they do talk about birth control, yearly exams etc without discomfort. With that being said.....whether when she was starting puberty or now as an adult woman .....he would not discuss that with others.

Isn't the whole car thing with the family all alleged? Was EB with him when it happened? When did the alleged assault take place?

According to the articles I have read, AB was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of conveying a threat, failure to return rental property and of course the only thing that seems to get mentioned--the bad checks.

Looks like investigators searched illegal dump sites today:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/30/illegal-dump-sites-searched-again-ar-495448/

Does anyone else find it odd that so many of these missing babies lived with their daddies?
Zahra, Hayleigh, Kyron- I'm sure I'm missing someone.......

It's just odd. Is it the step mommy factor?

Yes, it is the step parent factor.

Here in Norway a young boy was killed by his step dad some years ago. He was killed in the most evil way and the case is still in the media almost daily.

I read last week that scientists here in Norway have released a meta report based on reports from many other countries. All the reports show that kids brought up by a step parent is more likely to suffer from abuse/being murdered than kids raised by biological parent.

I will see if I can find more info if anyone is interested. I remember the numbers were based on studies from Canada, England, Australia and Sweden..

On questions as to why the material aren't broadcast more, the answer was:

It's too SENSITIVE!

According to the articles I have read, AB was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of conveying a threat, failure to return rental property and of course the only thing that seems to get mentioned--the bad checks.

I know he was charged, but it hasn't been proven has it, which is why I say alleged? Does anyone know the date this "accident" happened and if EB was with him at the time???

One more thing about the 911 call that sat wrong with me: AB wants to make absolutely sure the 911 operator understands that the ransom note was found on the company vehicle that he drives. Here's what he says:

"Ok. Last night...we woke up...my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the backyard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle I drive to work. They left a ransom note[ B]on my company vehicle[/B] to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next."

So I ask myself this: why would you need to drive that point home over and over? The company, the company vehicle that I drive to work, my boss, etc. He's trying to draw reasonable lines between Zahra and this company. Perhaps to establish why evidence might be found in company vehicle, onsite of company? Just seems like he goes out of his way to attach all this to the boss or the company.

If a statement sits wrong with me, I try to break down why it sits wrong with me. 95% of the time, I discover that the answer to that question is because someone offers information that goes way beyond what is being asked, or what is truly relevent. Isolate that comment from the others, and you are sometimes able to zero in on reasons why that info might have been added. "We woke up...my dog woke me up"...why not just leave it at "We woke up"? The added info seems to be inserted to establish that AB had a perfectly reasonable explaination handy for why he woke up and discovered the fire. All that added info about Zahra and puberty...way beyond anything anyone was asking. So why would it be inserted? To reasonably explain why he hadn't seen her (does he feel guilty?), or as a convenient cover should blood be found on her mattress?

Those are just the kinds of things that don't sit right with me...that's all I was trying to convey.

You make a lot of sense. And when I was reading some reports tonight I noticed that we are not the only ones uncomfortable with AB.

Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt told ABC that he doesn’t believe what he’s been told by Adam about his daughter’s disappearance. He noted that Adam’s concern for his daughter does not appear to be genuine.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...ce-say-missing-nc-girl-s-father-uncooperative

Still, Adam Baker has not escaped police scrutiny in the case. Although by all accounts mostly cooperative, some have not found him to be completely believable or trustworthy. Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt said a few days after Zahra Baker's disappearance, "He seems concerned. I don't know how sincere his concern is."

When asked if he believed Adam Baker, McDevitt said he did not.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5934732/missing_zahra_baker_case_sees_father.html?cat=8

Adam and Elisa Baker told police they had last seen Zahra in her bed at their home in Hickory, about 50 miles northwest of Charlotte. But police don't believe them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39896113/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

I just remember that EB is not being held responsible for Z while AB is not. No one has been charged for Z yet. I know when the times comes they will hold everyone who played a part in Z's death responsible. Whoever that may be. They have gained my trust, I can see they really care about Zahra.

I know he was charged, but it hasn't been proven has it, which is why I say alleged? Does anyone know the date this "accident" happened and if EB was with him at the time???

So are you saying LE didn't arrest him, but the family members went in to make the charge to the prosecutor. I understand the meaning of alleged, but the charges against him are filed against him, just as what EB is alleged to have done.

I don't have it offhand, but my understanding IIRC is that AB is being charged with three counts of 'communicating threats', unlike EB, who's charges include some type of assault charges (don't remember the specific wording of those, though).

I remember my dad trying to talk to me about my period when I first started. Nothing major just that I was a 'woman' now type thing. I have NEVER been so embarrassed lol. I turned beet red and told him I did not want to talk about it. In fact if a commercial would come on for feminine products it would embarrass me.

Boy have I gotten over that now. My poor boys know from the day I PMS till the day my period ends all about it. I tell them if I gotta live with it so do they ;)

My point is she could have been the one that was so embarrassed that AB knew she wouldn't want him talking about it.

For the first time today though while talking to my husband about what could have happened I used the word 'they' as in AB AND EB. It was totally subconscious and I stopped and looked at my husband and said did you hear that? He nodded.

That says a lot to me in where my thoughts are taking me now....

My daughter usually gets her grandmother to shop with her for personal hygiene products, but one day I took her shopping and had to help her buy the items she needed. Wow..so many to choose from, thick, thin, heavy etc with wings yadda yadda...

Because the brand of product was not the same as what my mother had been buying for my daughter she became confused and I noticed she was very embarresed that I took her shopping for these things. "pads"

I wasn't embarrased but we had to do the shopping she needed them. I noticed some pads in a womans shopping trolly and spoke to her about them. I was almost embarrased :blushing:

I said to the woman I don't usually buy these products for my daughter can you please have a look at them and see if she has picked up the right packet. The woman seemed astounded that I would even ask her and she had a daughter with her who seemed about the same age as my girl and she just had a grin on her face in regards to the subject and me asking for assistance.

I asked the woman if she could take my daughter back to the Aisle where the pads came from and help her choose the right ones while I remained with her daughter and my son.

They came back with the right ones. When i was with my ex (my daughters mother) I used to buy them for her, I said to my daughter. But I would take the empty outer packet with me to make sure I got the right ones. My daughter said..DAD!!!! :D

You make a lot of sense. And when I was reading some reports tonight I noticed that we are not the only ones uncomfortable with AB.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...ce-say-missing-nc-girl-s-father-uncooperative

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5934732/missing_zahra_baker_case_sees_father.html?cat=8

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39896113/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

I just remember that EB is not being held responsible for Z while AB is not. No one has been charged for Z yet. I know when the times comes they will hold everyone who played a part in Z's death responsible. Whoever that may be. They have gained my trust, I can see they really care about Zahra.

Wow, that's the first time I've seen any of that. Is all this from today?

ETA: Duh, click on the links, Kat.

I don't have it offhand, but my understanding IIRC is that AB is being charged with three counts of 'communicating threats', unlike EB, who's charges include some type of assault charges (don't remember the specific wording of those, though).

I have read in a couple news reports that one of those charges against him was assault with a deadly weapon. But then again that is a news report and maybe they got it wrong.

So are you saying LE didn't arrest him, but the family members went in to make the charge to the prosecutor. I understand the meaning of alleged, but the charges against him are filed against him, just as what EB is alleged to have done.

No. He hasn't been to court and been convicted, therefore it is alleged. At this point it is his word against their (whoever accused him) word. I don't know the circumstances surrounding this, I was just trying to get further information.

The Obstruction charge is no longer alleged (at least I don't assume), she admitted to it.

The "communicating threats" charges were filed on May 23 - so the incident likely would have happened on that date or shortly before.

Both EB and AB were charged with "communicating threats" stemming from the (alleged) incident. The charges are still pending, to my knowledge, with upcoming arraignment dates for both EB and AB (IIRC: November 18).

AB also has a charge of "assault with a deadly weapon", supposedly because he was driving the car and attempted to run BB (and her family) off the road. EB is reported to have been in the car with him.

IIRC, there was also a Taser involved in the incident (EB supposedly threatened BB and/or her family with it).

I made the assumption early on that EB did the deed and AB helped with cover. I'm no longer convinced that it couldn't have been the other way around. I doubt it, but it is possible. ( I would like to know how EB got that black eye.)

Wow, that's the first time I've seen any of that. Is all this from today?

No, not today. I was playing catch up on my google news list and reading on down. They where farther down on my news list. Looks like one is from a few days ago and another from the 14th. :)

Edited to add:
The dates are Oct. 28th, 25th and the 14th.

The "communicating threats" charges were filed on May 23 - so the incident likely would have happened on that date or shortly before.

Both EB and AB were charged with "communicating threats" stemming from the (alleged) incident. The charges are still pending, to my knowledge, with upcoming arraignment dates for both EB and AB (IIRC: November 18).

AB also has a charge of "assault with a deadly weapon", supposedly because he was driving the car and attempted to run BB (and her family) off the road. EB is reported to have been in the car with him.

IIRC, there was also a Taser involved in the incident (EB supposedly threatened BB and/or her family with it).

Thank you. Thank you. I just wanted to be clear if EB was in the car with AB when he allegedly ran the family off the road. One other question, do you know the date this was supposed to have happened? And is this the person who was at EB's hearing and said if EB were released she would have to leave the state?

Looks like investigators searched illegal dump sites today:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/30/illegal-dump-sites-searched-again-ar-495448/

Does anyone else find it odd that so many of these missing babies lived with their daddies?
Zahra, Hayleigh, Kyron- I'm sure I'm missing someone.......

It's just odd. Is it the step mommy factor?

What I find extremely odd is that a couple can separate and divorce and go through a court system for custody and either partner can claim the other is an unfit parent and usually seek domestic violence orders etc to try to show that one bio-parent is a mad, angry, violent person.

But then that person in need of protection who holds the DVO can easily find a new partner who has skeletons in the closet and nobody is the wiser and the child can be in just as much danger if not more with the new partner.

I made the assumption early on that EB did the deed and AB helped with cover. I'm no longer convinced that it couldn't have been the other way around. I doubt it, but it is possible. ( I would like to know how EB got that black eye.)

Unconfirmed: Supposedly one of EB's daughters acknowledged having given EB the black eye; however, I am not aware of any media links that report that (although I think I recall seeing a link posted at one time in an early thread - wish I were doing a better job of saving media links).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500