State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-25 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely, all money has to go in the register....

I would think she put the entire $20 in, and had no way of knowing if the purchase was only $15 but, you don't get to take the $5.00 out and put in your pocket.

It still belongs to the store.

Besides, he wasn't there anyway !! :)

So then wouldn't that make it less likely for her to make up the story about seeing JLY that morning then? If she pocketed the 5 (not 15), then she would not have told such a story about him paying for 20 and only pumping 15.

That's too bad... We need both sides to have a good debate. I personally like having both sides represented... thought provoking.

Yes, we do.

One wouldn't want to hear just one side, right?

Based on the overwhelming evidence I have seen in this trial, yes.

For the life of me , I can't understand why the PT did not show he increased the life insurance to $4,000,000 2 months before she ends up murdered.:waitasec:

good question. too prejudicial? calling Gritguy

Yeah,I lived in CA at the time of OJ's acquittal. It was really hilarious. A murderer went free and there were riots in the street.

good question. too prejudicial? calling Gritguy

No, I think that would have been fair game. Motive is relevant, and money is relevant to that - just as defense can show he didn't get the money.

Our opinions make no difference to this case. I just hope that those on the jury have the common sense to think through and evaluate all the evidence and come to the right conclusion. They need to first understand what "reasonable" and "unreasonable" really means. If it doesn't make sense, then it's not reasonable.

So agree, and they must also take stock of just how many coincidences it takes to reach the point of *unreasonable*. How many of these coincidences, added together, become reasonable doubt.

If JY planned this murder and did it by himself, the theory for the size 10 shoe worn at the murder scene can be explained in three ways. . .

1-he could have cut out the front of the franklin shoes to make them fit his feet;
2-the shoes could have possibly have been a wide size 10, hence a person with larger feet could possibly fit into them, and/or;
3-he wore them with his heel sticking out of the back of shoe

If JY planned this murder and did it by himself, the theory for the size 10 shoe worn at the murder scene can be explained in three ways. . .

1-he could have cut out the front of the franklin shoes to make them fit his feet;
2-the shoes could have possibly have been a wide size 10, hence a person with larger feet could possibly fit into them, and/or;

#3 would be most logical, imo

Wow, it has been quite a while since I have been to WS but the atmosphere has certainly changed.
It is beginning to remind me of IS days. The reason I liked WS was because of the respect afforded to the vicitms and the their families, unlike IS.

I can assure you thought whether you stand on a G or NG, you will at times feel irritated, insulted or whatever by things people say. Unless it's a personal attack, that's just going to happen with things like this.

I've seen some comments directed toward people on the G side that for the life of me defy any sense at all other than to misdirect, mislead, irritate or whatever. IMO. So, I'm sure it's been that way for people who are NG as well. That, however, has nothing to do with people or comments questioning the state's case, evidence, theory or whatever - many of which are clearly insightful and thoughtful IMO even if I disagree.

It pays to have some thick skin on both sides, when posting about a current trial of a murder case. I think in just about every case, no one means to insult anyone else even if they could be charged with First Degree Posting While Irritated - they only want justice for the victims and a just trial for the defendant (at least, so I'd sincerely hope).

JY could have made the full print on the pillowcase with his hand in the shoe.

I can assure you thought whether you stand on a G or NG, you will at times feel irritated, insulted or whatever by things people say. Unless it's a personal attack, that's just going to happen with things like this.

I've seen some comments directed toward people on the G side that for the life of me defy any sense at all other than to misdirect, mislead, irritate or whatever. IMO. So, I'm sure it's been that way for people who are NG as well. That, however, has nothing to do with people or comments questioning the state's case, evidence, theory or whatever - many of which are clearly insightful and thoughtful IMO even if I disagree.

It pays to have some thick skin on both sides, when posting about a current trial of a murder case. I think in just about every case, no one means to insult anyone else even if they could be charged with First Degree Posting While Irritated - they only want justice for the victims and a just trial for the defendant (at least, so I'd sincerely hope).

Yes, grit, what gets me the most is the factual misrepresentation I see here <modsnip>. Not sure if it is just complete misunderstanding of the case facts or by design to mislead new posters, not as familiar with the case.

How does size 10 shoes at the scene create doubt that size 12 shoes were there and match shoes owned by JY?

I would think the idea being there's no evidence of who he would have been there with?

Clearly it doesn't diminish the other shoes having been there.

If ONLY the HP orbitals had left prints, I wonder if it would have changed any minds. If not, the Franklins don't really play in.

If I were the DT, I would make the point that the PT wants you to take evidence at face value, common sense. Fair enough. There are two sets of shoe prints there. Even if one were a set JY still had, the PT has not shown ANYONE he could or would have partnered up with. His every call and e-mail has been displayed, and no suggestion is made that anyone he communicated with could have helped him. Therefore, common sense says whoever the two killers were would not have included JY, because the evidence shows he didn't coordinate with anyone or have a partner.

I don't buy that, but I could see that line of thinking and argument.

4-he stuffed his foot in & put up w/ temporary discomfort/pain

<modsnip>

JY could have made the full print on the pillowcase with his hand in the shoe.

Well I'm certainly not telling that to Mr. Gracielee! He'll never agree to be a guniea pig for my theories again.

:floorlaugh:

Good thing you weren't here yesterday, then GG.

Luckily, you missed the discussion of whether Shelly Schaad said she was scared that nite and felt someone was watching them.!
We had to post, link, timestamp her testimony on video saying that over and over again and it was still called into question.
:)

I would think the idea being there's no evidence of who he would have been there with?

Clearly it doesn't diminish the other shoes having been there.

If ONLY the HP orbitals had left prints, I wonder if it would have changed any minds. If not, the Franklins don't really play in.

If I were the DT, I would make the point that the PT wants you to take evidence at face value, common sense. Fair enough. There are two sets of shoe prints there. Even if one were a set JY still had, the PT has not shown ANYONE he could or would have partnered up with. His every call and e-mail has been displayed, and no suggestion is made that anyone he communicated with could have helped him. Therefore, common sense says whoever the two killers were would not have included JY, because the evidence shows he didn't coordinate with anyone or have a partner.

I don't buy that, but I could see that line of thinking and argument.

Yes, I understand what the DT argument could be. I just don't see how some people mention the size 10 shoes and immediately follow with the thought that inserts doubt that JY was there. I just don't see how it does that at all.

One has not one thing to do with the other IMO. Size 12 shoes were there and size 10 shoes were there. JY wears size 12 shoes. The print matches shoes that he purchased from DSW. Those shoes were not very common shoes as testified by the manufacturer. Where are they? (supposedly at Goodwill - very convenient IMO). So now we have 2 different sizes at the scene. So what? Yes, there is mystery and theories of how the size 10 shoes got there. But in those discussions, some people seem to completely forget about those size 12 shoe prints being there as well. It's like "until I can figure out where the size 10 came from, don't even mention to me the size 12 shoes." :banghead:

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member