LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they mean the camera was inside the structure.

I agree. It has to be the parking garage. One of the psychics at PCF asked if that garage had been gone over thoroughly with dogs. Any info stating that it was?

Could someone re-post the pic your talking about or give a link. I missed it somehow and would love to see it.

Thanks!

Me too. I wish comments would include a link or pic for reference.
I'm getting very confused.

:banghead:

If it was a bump & grab, the perp had to have known where the cameras are or just be insanely lucky. Who services these cameras? Who at LGC handles the surveillance/security aspect? They're bound to know exactly where the next camera on the street is, dontcha think?

Just luck, and not even that. Theres almost no cameras down St. Landry.

I agree. It has to be the parking garage. One of the psychics at PCF asked if that garage had been gone over thoroughly with dogs. Any info stating that it was?
nevermind, found it.

I believe she may have been thinking about attending Tulane.
<snip>
What? Where do you get that BW is a guy with a crush? Every statement made by him or friends indicates that he and Mickey were just friends, and that's how he thought of her, as a friend.

I totally agree that BW has gone WAY out of his way to do everything he can to help find Mickey. To be interviewed for sixteen hours without a lawyer, to open his home, phone records, computer records and LIFE to LE and the general public....well, he's got my vote as the World's Best Best Friend.

I understand what you're saying. However, there have been many cases where the most involved, most devoted associate turns out to be the perpetrator.

Given that past history, it is not in any way unusual for people pondering Mickey's disappearance to keep her closest associates in the back of their mind until the case has reached its final conclusion.

I'm not saying BW is a target of anything here. I'm saying that given the lack of definitive statements from LE on practically everything, I'm not ruling out one single person or one single event.

Everything's on the table.

I am not sleuthing anyone, I'm not accusing anyone - but I'm not excusing anyone, either. I'm reading and going on instinct and statistical probability, the same as everyone else.

Nothing is sacred, no one gets a pass.

I understand what you're saying. However, there have been many cases where the most involved, most devoted associate turns out to be the perpetrator.

Given that past history, it is not in any way unusual for people pondering Mickey's disappearance to keep her closest associates in the back of their mind until the case has reached its final conclusion.

I'm not saying BW is a target of anything here. I'm saying that given the lack of definitive statements from LE on practically everything, I'm not ruling out one single person or one single event.

I am not sleuthing anyone, I'm not accusing anyone - but I'm not excusing anyone, either. I'm reading and going on instinct and statistical probability, the same as everyone else.

Your absoloutely right!

Been there. I don't believe we're permitted to discuss PCF. Or any other forum.

I could be mistaken.

Could someone re-post the pic your talking about or give a link. I missed it somehow and would love to see it.

Thanks!
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8007076&postcount=1194"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #20[/ame]

I'm starting to wonder what kind of forensics they're doing that's taking this long.

We don't know if the forensics have been completed or not.

Does anyone have a link regarding BW passing the poly? I haven't seen anything yet about that or about him officially being ruled out. I'd like to fully rule him out in my mind, but I still have some things I haven't been able to move past and was waiting to see something "official" regarding that.

I know a lot of you have already ruled him out and disagree with the idea that he was involved in anyway. However, best friend or not, he is a part of this case. I think it's normal for some of us to question some things, as you always need to start with the inner circle and also the last person she was "seen" with. I am not saying that he did anything and based on what we know it's probably not very likely that he is involved, but I still have some things that bother me about him and want to move past it. So, any links would be greatly appreciated!

I didn't say he "passed" because that is not a phrase LE used. Here is the link: http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

Look for the update on May 24th at 2:30PM.

Police Chief Jim Craft says there is so far no reason to believe Brettly Wilson had anything to do with the disappearance of his friend, 22-year-old Mickey Shunick.

Craft confirmed Thurday that Wilson was given a polygraph test, but he said he could not reveal the results of that test.

“Polygraphs are part of many investigations,” Craft said, “but we’re not going to release any information along those lines that could maybe hamper our investigative efforts.”

We don't know if the forensics have been completed or not.

I didn't say he "passed" because that is not a phrase LE used. Here is the link: http://kpel965.com/latest-information-search-for-mickey-shunick-continues/

Look for the update on May 24th at 2:30PM.

Police Chief Jim Craft says there is so far no reason to believe Brettly Wilson had anything to do with the disappearance of his friend, 22-year-old Mickey Shunick.

Craft confirmed Thurday that Wilson was given a polygraph test, but he said he could not reveal the results of that test.

“Polygraphs are part of many investigations,” Craft said, “but we’re not going to release any information along those lines that could maybe hamper our investigative efforts.”

Saying "there is so far no reason to believe..." is miles short of "cleared".

Have there been subsequent LE statements regarding BW or did they drop that info and let it lie there? I don't recall subsequent BW related LE statements, but I may be mistaken.

I don't have a problem with people's suspicions, as long as they are based on FACT. When someone says Brettley had a crush on Mickey, well that is NOT fact. When it is suggested that his cell phone records have never been checked, that is just wrong. When someone says the text message came after the phone call, that is not what LE is saying. If an assumption is made that LE has no idea what the text message said, that's wrong.

We need to keep all the facts in mind. Brettley DID submit to a sixteen hour interview. He DID take a polygraph. He DID turn over his cell phone records and his computer to LE. Chief Craft has said there is NO REASON to think Brettley had anything to do with Mickey's disappearance at this time.

I'm just trying to balance the suspicions by pointing out the "other side of the story."

Saying "there is so far no reason to believe..." is miles short of "cleared".

Have there been subsequent LE statements regarding BW or did they drop that info and let it lie there? I don't recall subsequent BW related LE statements, but I may be mistaken.

That is why I did not use that term. Mickey's family, however, have stated that Brettley has been cleared.

LE has been asked questions regarding BW and have answered the questions.

They might have the results and are keeping them private. Their silence over the past several days leads me to believe they've got something. Otherwise wouldn't they be seeking information from the public? Might be wishful thinking on my part.

megsy, I was very impressed with LPD's media management via their PIO, in the early days of the investigation. The locating of the bike by the fishermen was nothing short of a miracle IMO, and was due to the awareness achieved.

The LPD has access to a tremendous amount of resources to assist in this investigation. The American public is their most valuable resource. To ignore this tool only causes innocent victims lives lost & mounting missing persons cold cases.

Silence & missinformation by LE via the media is the predators most lethal weapon.

Thats pretty much what Ive been doing as there are no other solid leads.

Also, just learned the cameras on the sterling life insurance building at 700 st. Landry cant quite see the street. So no help there. But the good news is they are having new cameras installed for that very purpose

To little too late though. Thanks for looking into it ACI.

megsy, I was very impressed with LPD's media management via their PIO, in the early days of the investigation. The locating of the bike by the fishermen was nothing short of a miracle IMO, and was due to the awareness achieved.

The LPD has access to a tremendous amount of resources to assist in this investigation. The American public is their most valuable resource. To ignore this tool only causes innocent victims lives lost & mounting missing persons cold cases.

Silence & missinformation by LE via the media is the predators most lethal weapon.

If they do have the results back, we will probably be informed of SOME of what they learn.....they'll hold stuff back, because that is a sure-fire way to make sure that only the perp knows the whole story once they catch him.

The state police did say they were going to process the bike as quickly as possible, but we really don't know at this time if that process is over or still ongoing.

That is why I did not use that term. Mickey's family, however, have stated that Brettley has been cleared.

Thank you. I think you & I are clear on this.

I agree that presenting another person's intent or sentiment as fact is inappropriate.

I'm not particularly interested in anyone's sexual preference in this case. Jealousy and rage are not gender-specific.

Someone outside looking in may have seen something that wasn't there. The upcoming relocation could have exacerbated that.

Someone that was interested in or had a previous relationship with either BW or MS could quite possibly be involved in the disappearance of MS.

I totally agree with you. But my point is that we don't know what LPD has as far as this investigation. They could have nothing at all - that's certainly a possibility. And if that's the case then you are right that they aren't tapping into a valuable resource.

But the flip side of that is that it's equally possible that they do have something and don't need the public's assistance at the moment.

That's all I was pointing out. We have no idea which scenario we are dealing with here and I don't want us to be making assumptions that this is a cold case (or conversely that they're close to making an arrest) without a reason to believe one way or the other.

My personal feeling is that their silence is indicative of not needing the public's help right now. They were so good about communicating that need in the beginning - why would they suddenly stop?

I have been reading here since day 1 and you are a fine crew. I visited NO some time ago and loved the people there. I stayed at the Royal Sinesta (sp ?) and had a great time, all the wonderful food and spirits. The cab ride from the airport was a bit scary and I could unclench my hand when we arrived at the hotel. The swamp trip was a little hot and humid and bugs were all over us. We tried to bribe the boat driver with money to just drop us off but no way. I figured if you see one alligator going after a thrown marshmallow you have seen enough and I didn't know if I should scratch my watch or wind my butt. LOL. I can really visualize what the WB boat landing is like. How scared Mickey must have been if she was also brought down there alive. I really think she was brought down there with her bike. Seems like a good spot to dump a body.

Keep up the great work friends and don't hang up your trench coats yet.

Nope and I tried everything on it to see if i could tell what was behind the white blob. It's not a vehicle because it would have needed to be parked on the sidewalk and if it's people, then that's a whole lot of people to be out walking at that time of night.

Were you referring to the Versaille pic here? Because that's not a sidewalk under the white blob. It's actually meant for vehicles. It's the school's carpool/bus lane.

Attachments

• 2012-05-26_13-28-37_87.jpg
    2012-05-26_13-28-37_87.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 76
Thats pretty much what Ive been doing as there are no other solid leads.

Also, just learned the cameras on the sterling life insurance building at 700 st. Landry cant quite see the street. So no help there. But the good news is they are having new cameras installed for that very purpose

I missed something somewhere or maybe some pages, since for some reason I'm trying to keep up with this while working a very demanding job (or rather, d*mned job..haha). Where did the 700 block (Sterling Life) come into play? I ask because I watched a LPD officer (cruiser) and a detective (unmarked gold car) searching that corner last Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth